Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play | Syracusefan.com

Morgan is raising the floor of our QB play

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Very encouraging stuff from Morgan so far. He's making plays and doing a lot with this opportunity today.

If nothing else, he should help us all feel better about the QB position going forward. I'm not saying he'll become all-ACC or anything. I don't even know for sure if he'll be a regular starter. But the floor appears to be that if he doesn't start, we'll have a solid backup QB. That's not a luxury we've enjoyed very often lately.

Bigger picture, it's a big deal that one of our diamond in the rough QB prospects looks like he will pan out. For our program we need to have guys, a lot of guys, that outperform their recruiting rankings. Morgan looks like he'll be one. Heck, he already might be. That's big for the program, and even bigger given that it's at QB.

Now that 'Ssippi is showing what he's got, let's see what Tex brings to the table.

Sad that Elmore going out is killing the OL

Shouldn’t be that way with a converted FB

Very encouraging stuff from Morgan so far. He's making plays and doing a lot with this opportunity today.

If nothing else, he should help us all feel better about the QB position going forward. I'm not saying he'll become all-ACC or anything. I don't even know for sure if he'll be a regular starter. But the floor appears to be that if he doesn't start, we'll have a solid backup QB. That's not a luxury we've enjoyed very often lately.

Bigger picture, it's a big deal that one of our diamond in the rough QB prospects looks like he will pan out. For our program we need to have guys, a lot of guys, that outperform their recruiting rankings. Morgan looks like he'll be one. Heck, he already might be. That's big for the program, and even bigger given that it's at QB.

Now that 'Ssippi is showing what he's got, let's see what Tex brings to the table.
This offense is never going to work in the ACC. We need to have dual threat QB's who can move and extend plays. No one presently here will be able to win running this offense.

He can’t run at all but much better than Rex and if he had a line looks like he can be a serviceable back up.

BC had no gameplan for him then made some adjustments at half which slowed him down in the 2nd half. For a True freshman he does look pretty decent. Accurate arm and shows the ability to make throws out of pocket which is enough for me to give him a chance.

Was Morgan ok today? Ya. If this team wants to win next year the QB is either an improved td or not on this roster.

I am going to watch the game replay but I must say it appeared that we couldn't run, which means oline again.
JM had a good game for a true freshman's first start, 63% completion rate for 188 yds with 1 td and 1 int.
Given lack of reps that is pretty darn good.

The kid is a true freshman and you've already made this call?
I'm not saying he can't be decent. We have a 4 star QB on the roster and other good qbs in the portal. If your plan is going with a QB next year with offers from austin p and praire view good luck.

The kid is a true freshman and you've already made this call?
Yeah, I don't get it. The dude should have been years away from getting snaps, and instead he started a game behind a busted line with barely any running back support, and he made some things happen! How can we be anything but encouraged by this?

I'm not saying he can't be decent. We have a 4 star QB on the roster and other good qbs in the portal. If your plan is going with a QB next year with offers from austin p and praire view good luck.

Well if one of them had 4 stars, then we should definitely play him. Because of the stars.

I am going to watch the game replay but I must say it appeared that we couldn't run, which means oline again.
JM had a good game for a true freshman's first start, 63% completion rate for 188 yds with 1 td and 1 int.
Given lack of reps that is pretty darn good.

We had 15 designed runs all game. We had 60 yards on those runs. That isn't good but it isn't not being able to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom