Most pathetic game of the season | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Most pathetic game of the season

One game of proof that’s your argument ? When he’s wide open all game from an awful zone what do you expect the top 5 nba prospect to do. Can’t believe people are so shocked from this.

Carolina knows exactly how to attack the zone to get whatever shots they want .. they can get layups or wide open 3’s ... usually both .. they know if they miss the 3’s .. they can just use their athleticism advantage to get the rebound and layup anyway ..it’s been this way ever since we got into the ACC... and will be this way as long as we rely on that pathetic gimmick D

Roy Williams made a pact with his inner self to learn how to destroy Boeheim when he lost to Boeheim in the national championship game in 2003. Our last 13 games against UNC are the fruits of that labor.

Roy Williams owns Jim Boeheim

Natty for a decade + of misery against one team? Please sir, may I have another?

Carolina knows exactly how to attack the zone to get whatever shots they want .. they can get layups or wide open 3’s ... usually both .. they know if they miss the 3’s .. they can just use their athleticism advantage to get the rebound and layup anyway ..it’s been this way ever since we got into the ACC... and will be this way as long as we rely on that pathetic gimmick D
Roy studied with pagan monks in Mongolia to learn the ways and weaknesses of the 2-3 zone, and how to utilize its weaknesses against it. He returned to the United States a new man that found a better way

Roy studied with pagan monks in Mongolia to learn the ways and weaknesses of the 2-3 zone, and how to utilize its weaknesses against it. He returned to the United States a new man that found a better way

did he lift up a boiling cauldron with the insides of his forearms ?

i love this convo.

That if we played M2M all these years that Meeks, Brooks, James, Bradley, etc would all of a sudden be neutralized.

UNC has always been a bad matchup for us because of personnel, not because of the zone.

Was he tested for coronavirus?
I heard it can only be contracted through this:
Screenshot_20200229-111309_Chrome.jpg

Was he tested for coronavirus?

No, he chose a different Mexican beer, the one made for those with a fighting spirit. Roy has had that spirit on display whenever he and UNC play the Cuse.

Roy Williams made a pact with his inner self to learn how to destroy Boeheim when he lost to Boeheim in the national championship game in 2003. Our last 13 games against UNC are the fruits of that labor.

Roy Williams owns Jim Boeheim
I can agree it looks like Roy owns JB but stop and think about it. Roy has numerous 5 star recruits and MacDonald AAs every year and we get what, one or two every 5 to 10 years. I sure as heck don't call that owning somebody. Let's face it, how many of those great players would have been there if they took real courses. Remember, this is the school that over half of it's team majoring in non-attendance classes just mail in your "A" term paper. When the chips were down in 2003, who got owned?

I can agree it looks like Roy owns JB but stop and think about it. Roy has numerous 5 star recruits and MacDonald AAs every year and we get what, one or two every 5 to 10 years. I sure as heck don't call that owning somebody. Let's face it, how many of those great players would have been there if they took real courses. Remember, this is the school that over half of it's team majoring in non-attendance classes just mail in your "A" term paper. When the chips were down in 2003, who got owned?
No one here complained when it has been said that JB owns such and such other coach. Equity in recruit rankings was never part of the discussion.
Plus, it’s kinda part of the coach’s jerb to get those recruits.

I agree with most of what you say here (especially about UNC getting away with murder).

But Duke recruits at an elite level ...if not even more so ...and we don't have close to the problems with Duke that we do with UNC. We make UNC look elite and untouchable every time

i love this convo.

That if we played M2M all these years that Meeks, Brooks, James, Bradley, etc would all of a sudden be neutralized.

UNC has always been a bad matchup for us because of personnel, not because of the zone.

That’s the thing. This year at least, you are 100% spot on. Buddy and Joe couldn’t defend Colgate’s guards in M2M let alone ACC guards. It’s a lazy take to say this team should go man.

Wait you don't like the zone? I had no idea.

I think that's part of his point, lol.
Schematically on defense we play right in to their hands. Having slow and short guys up top and skinny guys down low just makes it worse.

I agree with most of what you say here (especially about UNC getting away with murder).

But Duke recruits at an elite level ...if not even more so ...and we don't have close to the problems with Duke that we do with UNC. We make UNC look elite and untouchable every time

In a Tyler Ennis thread tribute, Roy Went to the Witch Doctor looking to revive his team, and he told him what to do. It wasnt ooh eeh ooh ahh ahh. The prescription was to play the Cuse. Flashbacks of the random guys from other teams having career games over the years.

i love this convo.

We’ll never know honestly. But leave these guys alone in a room with tony Bennett for 3 months and I’ll take my chances playing m2m.

Boeheim must love how the apologies keep rolling in. Such an absurdity to say they can’t do something when it’s been banned from existence.

Last edited:
I think the OP may have possibly sold this game short.

Isn't it possible this patheticness of this game trancends the boundaries of a single season? (I try not to recall the bad games so much, so I'm asking sincerely).

League .500 is the New Normal when you have The Real Fans prancing around when they thought we had a ‘chance to finish 4th.’
We have been bad for at least 5 years, and it might not get better anytime soon. Two years is a long time and if we expect the young man to come, something needs to change.

That’s the thing. This year at least, you are 100% spot on. Buddy and Joe couldn’t defend Colgate’s guards in M2M let alone ACC guards. It’s a lazy take to say this team should go man.

Myopia will undo you .. of course telling this team right now this game to go man wouldn’t go well (although I doubt they’d give up more points ) and everyone needs to chill with the implication that I think any switch of D would have made ANY difference in this game ...

its the way recruiting and team constructs are geared towards players being in zone D 100 percent of the time .

The defense on this team has not been great all year. But this team can score. It's typical of a Syracuse team that we get good defense or good offense ...but never both. This year it happens to be offense.

This team is better with JG3 and Boeheim in the game. Carey is not a better answer. Washington is not a better answer. Goodine is not a better answer. JG3 should be the starting guard and this should not be a debate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom