Most pathetic game of the season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most pathetic game of the season

These are the spots this team doesn’t play well when people get their hopes up. I got to the this morning and seriously considered a large ml bet on UNC but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

I knew we’d win a respectable amount of ACC games even when the sky was falling. I held out hope I’d get to attend BC game with a shot at an at large. At least we only blew it officially today. I’m sure we’ll play great Tuesday.

I actually found a quantum of solace in all of this. Not that long ago, some members were posting this game as an automatic win. I told them to pump the brakes, the Cole Anthony would be back. A mod couldn't let me have my moment, and assured me he had no reason to play. I politely disagreed. I don't make a ton of predictions, but they are generally correct when I do.

Say what you will, but at least I don't have to trash JB, his son, or other players have something to feell good about right now.

In 2014, Boeheim was 4-1 against Roy, including wins in the elite 8 and National title game. The narrative just 6 years ago was that Boeheim owns Roy.

Since then, we’ve lost every single time to them...usually by double digits.

They were 11-17. No excuses this year. We can beat Duke. We cannot beat UNC ever.
Ever? We did beat them twice to go to the final four. Look, I get the frustration. Really. We have to get better. hopefully, some of that happens this weekend and this game will nothing to do with that.

This was lost on the offensive end. If you aren't going to get stops, your scorers have to score. UNC had folded all year under pressure, they had multiple possessions to score and inside of 4 minutes to make a single digit game and didn't.
This is how far we’ve fallen. We’re bemoaning the missed opportunities to get the deficit under 10 points.

I actually found a quantum of solace in all of this. Not that long ago, some members were posting this game as an automatic win. I told them to pump the brakes, the Cole Anthony would be back. A mod couldn't let me have my moment, and assured me he had no reason to play. I politely disagreed. I don't make a ton of predictions, but they are generally correct when I do.

Say what you will, but at least I don't have to trash JB, his son, or other players have something to feell good about right now.

Yeah, I called this one as a loss, as we just don't have enough athletes, but I was expecting something less ugly.

We haven't ever beat UNC? Come on.

I think we did back in the old days when historic statues and flags were unmolested.

What is our record against them since joining the conference?

So? They have a better program than us. Always have had. Do I wish we beat them today? Of course. What I really wish was that we played them without Cole. I'm not proud.

So does Duke, and we are usually competitive against them and occasionally beat them.

So was Georgetown in the 80s. Same deal.

For at least half of the 90s, so was UConn. Same deal.

We’ve always been able to compete with and at least scrap out an occasional win against anybody. UNC destroys us even when they’re not that good(or are bad like this year). It’s really something else.

I think we did back in the old days before historic statues and flags were unmolested.

What is our record against them since joining the conference?
Oh, that wouldn't be good. But that has nothing to do with saying we can't beat UNC ever, does it?

Certainly a frustrating game.

UNC’s worst team in years and they toyed with us.

Still have better athletes. Still stronger and tougher inside.

Epic Sidibe is the only positive.

only reason so bad is BC Anthony Didnt play for 11 games and they lost 5+ games by 3 points or less. They aren’t that bad and clearly have better athletes like you said. Think there is way too much over reaction from the fans.

lol

You're right to laugh. Assuming no major catastrophes in the next couple of decades and sports don't become a thing of the past, odds are it will happen like it did to Duke after decades against what's their faces this season.

only reason so bad is BC Anthony Didnt play for 11 games and they lost 5+ games by 3 points or less. They aren’t that bad and clearly have better athletes like you said. Think there is way too much over reaction from the fans.

Check the schedule. UVA beat them convincingly with him in the lineup. I guess we aren’t playing to be at the top of the conference anymore and mediocrity is acceptable.

Check the schedule. UVA beat them convincingly with him in the lineup. I guess we aren’t playing to be at the top of the conference anymore and mediocrity is acceptable.

One game of proof that’s your argument ? When he’s wide open all game from an awful zone what do you expect the top 5 nba prospect to do. Can’t believe people are so shocked from this.

I don’t think it’s overreacting. Imagine SU next year without Hughes. We’re a very average team.

You're being generous to call getting their butts handed to them in the Dome vs that team "mediocrity" ;)

Mediocrity is a stepping stone they can aim for on the long road back.

League .500 is the New Normal when you have The Real Fans prancing around when they thought we had a ‘chance to finish 4th.’

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom