Most significant player in Syracuse history

GooseMutt

All Conference
Melo?
Bing?
Boeheim?
Other?

Guarantee never get 100 percent consensus

Bing put us on the map. Pearl made us a national player. Moten and Wallace saved us from being bad during the first probation. Melo won us a national title. Boeheim has kept us a national player more than we could ever hoped for when he took over in '76. My vote at the end of the day goes to Pearl.

Dave Siock

But seriously, I'll go with 2 - so sue me if that's against the rules:
Carmelo for delivering the greatest moment in my sports life
The Pearl for blazing the trail and making it possible.

pretty close between Pearl and Wallace.

Pearl because he legitimized Boeheim has a major recruiter, Wallace because he almost singlehandedly kept us good through some lean years post-probation. Committing to SU with the university facing a post season ban was the ultimate show of loyalty.

Pearl.

Wallace.

Coleman.

Moten.

Carmelo.

Pearl put us on the map as a national power [with an assist from ESPN and the burgeoning / fledgling Big East conference]. Wallace was a blue chipper who decided to stay home, which kept things afloat during a troubled time in program history, and led us to the NC game. Coleman was a big time recruit who ended up being the best player in college basketball and an eventual #1 pick. Moten was a lightly regarded recruit who far outshot his rankings and became the all time BE scoring leader, a key during a time where we struggled to recruit in the aftermath of probation. Carmelo led us to our only title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom