Movies to watch during lockdown? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

Just finished Outer Banks on Netflix. Loved it. Bonkers show. Good build up.
Was really liking the suspense being built until around episode 6 or so...then things just seemed to beall over the place to me. At least it ends with something to build on and towards another season.

Was really liking the suspense being built until around episode 6 or so...then things just seemed to beall over the place to me. At least it ends with something to build on and towards another season.
Yeah, there was one part in particular that got a bit "Scooby Gang" to me that really didn't make sense and doesn't seem to build to anything bigger, but overall I really liked it. I love shows that find ways to keep making the situations the characters are in crazier and crazier.

Since I’m only 6 or 7 in, I really didn’t like the “hey you live with us now,” surprise.
Thought it was cheesy and way to much like The O.C. But again I did like the O. C.
It's wild to me how many things you could say it mashes up, and pretty well at that.

It's like National Treasure meets The O.C.

It's like Into the Blue meets The Outsiders.

It's like The Goonies meets Breaking Bad.

Started watching Picard on the CBS All Access free month. So far... I'm not so sure. The plot seems about the level of a mid/high end video game at this point.

Zerozerozero on Amazon Prime, mix of subtitles and Enlgish but real good, is big in Europe supposedly

So we watched a movie called Fast Color on Amazon Prime. Not sure what to make of it. It's pretty interesting. Very different. It's kind of a super hero movie, sort of. I liked the ending a lot.

Barca Dreams - History of FC Barcelona

Becoming Champions - Stories about the 8 countries that have won the World Cup

Gomorrah - Fictional series, in Italian, about the Camorra.

We are Marshall - story about the tragic plane crash that took the lives of most of the Marshall football program and its aftermath
Watched Suburra - the movie. Italian. Netflix.

Started watching Mossad 101. Netflix.

Last night we watched Richard Jewell on Amazon.

Watched Suburra - the movie. Italian. Netflix.

Started watching Mossad 101. Netflix.

Last night we watched Richard Jewell on Amazon.
Also starting watching Blacklist with James Spader. netflix.

The Mrs. and I binged Upload on Amazon Prime. Really enjoyed it. People are able to have their consciousness uploaded to digital "heavens" when they die. Funny, and surprisingly gory at times for some out of nowhere shock laughs. Likable characters dealing with interesting problems. It's by Greg Daniels of The Office and Parks and Rec fame.

So far in the last few weeks I have watched...

Prisoners
Wind River
Above Suspicion
The Night Clerk
Rust Creek
Cold Pursuit
The Gift
Three Identical Strangers

The Mrs. and I binged Upload on Amazon Prime. Really enjoyed it. People are able to have their consciousness uploaded to digital "heavens" when they die. Funny, and surprisingly gory at times for some out of nowhere shock laughs. Likable characters dealing with interesting problems. It's by Greg Daniels of The Office and Parks and Rec fame.

Another series by The Office & Parks n' Rec?
I'M IN.
My daughter and I LOVE both of those shows, they are amazing.
Thx for the heads up!

Another series by The Office & Parks n' Rec?
I'M IN.
My daughter and I LOVE both of those shows, they are amazing.
Thx for the heads up!
I would say Upload is not for kids, at all.

I would say Upload is not for kids, at all.

She's 17. Rising HS Senior.
Still no?

FWIW, we haven't allowed her to watch GOT, since there are so many times during that show you question humanity. My wife & I still haven't gotten thru Breaking Bad, we're about halfway now, but stopped watching that several months ago now, just can't motivate for more of that, even tho we both want to, eventually.
(another show I'm hoping she'll avoid for a decade or 2)

She's 17. Rising HS Senior.
Still no?

FWIW, we haven't allowed her to watch GOT, since there are so many times during that show you question humanity. My wife & I still haven't gotten thru Breaking Bad, we're about halfway now, but stopped watching that several months ago now, just can't motivate for more of that, even tho we both want to, eventually.
(another show I'm hoping she'll avoid for a decade or 2)
17 might be ok, there are a lot of f bombs, and some sex scenes where nothing is shown but it's pretty clear what's happening. So depending on how comfortable you are watching stuff like that together. I was surprised my wife was into the show honestly, she's usually not into much swearing and adult behavior in her entertainment.

Hollywood Shuffle. One of the funniest movies ever made imho.

Binged the two seasons of Master of None on Netflix over the last week. Season one was more of a goofy comedy with some romantic points sprinkled in. Season 2 was much more of a romantic comedy but both seasons were great. One of the best shows I've watched in a while.

Also starting watching Blacklist with James Spader. netflix.
Watched "Yesterday" on Amazon. Worth watching.

Brings to mind the question, if the Beatles showed up today with their music, would they still become superstars?

Binged the two seasons of Master of None on Netflix over the last week. Season one was more of a goofy comedy with some romantic points sprinkled in. Season 2 was much more of a romantic comedy but both seasons were great. One of the best shows I've watched in a while.
I originally didn't even finish episode 1. I liked Aziz' standup, but just didn't gel with Master of None to begin with. Later, when i saw that they were shooting in Italy for Season 2, i decided to go back and try again. So glad i did. Season 1 was pretty good, and then 2 was fantastic. I fell hard for Alessandra Mastronardi, but also the creative interweaving of the cultural and life history stories was fantastic. Hoping all parties get their stuff together to make a third season.
ptlite-icon_32.png

Watched "Yesterday" on Amazon. Worth watching.

Brings to mind the question, if the Beatles showed up today with their music, would they still become superstars?

No, they’d be Boomers. Would be mercilessly cyber-bullied until eventually killing themselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom