Movies to watch during lockdown? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

Dunkirk,
Glory,
Lawrence of Arabia,
Patton.

Movies about people heroically overcoming odds...even though some people die. The kind of stuff we need today. And they are all true stories
I loved 1917. Watched it last week. The way it was filmed was so interesting. All real time and no cut always.

I watched knives out the other day and like it
Actually just about to watch this with my wife. Saw it with a buddy and loved it, it'll be fun to see her react to it.

I've been on vacation this week. We've been getting a free preview of HBO and Showtime so I've been watching some classics.

Back to the Future - I hadn't watched the whole movie in years. Parts were a bit darker than I remembered with the whole Libyan terrorist angle and a bit more profanity than I remembered, but still a really good movie. They set up the sequel perfectly with the ending.

What About Bob? - This is one of my go-to movies whenever I need a laugh. Just hilarious. I wonder if the fact that Richard Dreyfuss couldn't stand Bill Murray during filming helped some of his acting?

Unstoppable - Usually it drives me crazy when a movied inspired by a true story makes up so many details, but I still really enjoy this one. It's not one of Denzel's best, but I enjoye it for edge of the seat excitement.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World - I watched this as kid, At the time, I enjoyed the plot but didn't really appreciate who everyone was. Watching it from an adult perspective when I recognize the people and enjoy the plot line made this one a good watch.

If you like history and especially World War II then downfall is a great movie. I watched it last night for the first time and although it has subtitles it has to be the best movie I’ve seen in a year and a half. It’s about the last two weeks of Hitler in his bunker and it’s always fun to watch him sweat out the last minutes of his life

I've been on vacation this week. We've been getting a free preview of HBO and Showtime so I've been watching some classics.

Back to the Future - I hadn't watched the whole movie in years. Parts were a bit darker than I remembered with the whole Libyan terrorist angle and a bit more profanity than I remembered, but still a really good movie. They set up the sequel perfectly with the ending.

What About Bob? - This is one of my go-to movies whenever I need a laugh. Just hilarious. I wonder if the fact that Richard Dreyfuss couldn't stand Bill Murray during filming helped some of his acting?

Unstoppable - Usually it drives me crazy when a movied inspired by a true story makes up so many details, but I still really enjoy this one. It's not one of Denzel's best, but I enjoye it for edge of the seat excitement.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World - I watched this as kid, At the time, I enjoyed the plot but didn't really appreciate who everyone was. Watching it from an adult perspective when I recognize the people and enjoy the plot line made this one a good watch.
SNL's Unstoppable spoof is also really solid.

I've watched a lot of disney plus the last month. All 4 Avengers, couple star wars including the last one, and a few old school movies (beauty and the beast, little mermaid, fantasia, homeward bound).

So far in the last few weeks I have watched...

Prisoners
Wind River
Above Suspicion
The Night Clerk
Rust Creek
Cold Pursuit
The Gift
Three Identical Strangers
And...your reviews please.

I've watched a lot of disney plus the last month. All 4 Avengers, couple star wars including the last one, and a few old school movies (beauty and the beast, little mermaid, fantasia, homeward bound).
I have a 6 year old so we have watched it so much. If I have to watch frozen 2 or toy story 4 again I'm going to lose my mind

I thought Extraction was a crazy entertaining movie, full of action and some heart, not the most though provoking movie. It doesnt take long to figure out that the Stunt guys were driving this movie

Just watched “About a Teacher.” it was an awesome movie!

And...your reviews please.

Prisoners (awesome movie, I had watched "The Captive" before this and someone mentioned this movie was far better and it was. A few questions, but really good movie)

Wind River (I felt you could see the story a mile a way, but it was still a good movie. I thought Renner was really good in his role)

Above Suspicion (I read the book first, and the movie was ok, obviously the books are a lot better. I thought Clarke did really well in this role though)

The Night Clerk (The worst on this list, story just kind of goes nowhere)

Rust Creek (Didn't think I would enjoy it, but I did. I thought Jay Paulson plays his part really well)

Cold Pursuit (It was good. I liked the good humor weaving into the action. More or less the type of characters that Neeson has been playing lately. William Forsythe is always great and is great in this movie)

The Gift (This movie kept my attention, really kind of dark, smart thriller)

Three Identical Strangers (Really good documentary. Really good twist and turns and makes you say what the hell?)

Rambo last blood is pretty good. Simple but good

Had been searching for Gummo on DVD for $20 or less for about 5 years and finally found a copy. Should be here today.

Add "Arkansas" to the list, just watched it. Really good film that I wasn't expecting to be anything more than ok. Vince Vaughn plays a good part.

We watched Knives Out last night. Very fun movie -- highly recommend.

Watched this when you suggested it, and got through halfway before I was bored to death with it. Was very surprised at the positive reviews for it.

what kind of movie were you looking for? its a story/acting movie not an action driven movie.

Watched this when you suggested it, and got through halfway before I was bored to death with it. Was very surprised at the positive reviews for it.
Agree with you. I was disappointed after watching it. Must have been the hype.

I absolutely hated it and I watch a lot of movies and am an easy critic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom