Movies to watch during lockdown? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

That's a more lighthearted Hitchcock. along the lines of The Trouble with Harry.
Certainly isn't dark or threatening. But, definitely the most beautiful of his films. Can't get better than Cary Grant and Grace Kelly on the French Riviera.
I see no connection with The Trouble with Harry!

Gettysburg , Glory, Civil War Series Ken Burns.
Silver Linings Playbook
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Rocky
Big Lebowski
School of Rock
Gladiator
Braveheart
Sea Biscuit
Miracle
500 Days of Summer
Forest Gump
Most Will Ferrel with John C Reilly
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Not in order of favorite

Mine, as well.
What about The Philadelphia Story?
love it. I guess I love any movie with Jimmy Stewart in it. And throw in Cary Grant (see Charade above) and you can guess I like it.

Mine, as well.
What about The Philadelphia Story?
To show my age I am going to throw a couple of movies almost no one other than me has heard of but that I love from back when. the first is a movie called fate is the Hunter. It is about the investigation of a airplane crash. Glenn Ford stars. The second is Mirage with Gregory peck. If you are ever up at 2 a.m. and can't sleep, they might be on. Really liked both.

For a variety of reasons, from a variety of genres, here is my playlist suggestions while being socially distant over the

Leon the Professional - amazing performances
The Thin Man - B&W old school comedy mystery
Fantastic Mr Fox - love Wes Anderson
They Live - great B sci-fi movie
Monsoon Wedding - Stunning
Firefly series, then Serenity - Joss Whedon rules!
Shaun of the Dead - Edgar Wright rules!
Or any other movie directed by Edgar Wright
The Sting - Best big con movie ever
Grandma’s Boy - guilty pleasure
Forgot Wes Anderson in my list
Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, Rushmore great stuff

Rochelle, Rochelle
Sack Lunch
The Other Side of Darkness
Brown Eyed Girl
Cry, Cry Again
The Muted Heart
The Pain and the Yearning
Cold Fusion
Mountain High
Ponce de Leon
Chow Fun
Agent Zero
Prognosis Negative
Flaming Globes of Sigmund
Chunnel
Death Blow — “When someone wants to blow you up, not because of who you are, but for different reasons altogether...”
Firestorm
A young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk

Which version? ;)
Referring to High Society?
I was such a Grant/Hepburn/Stewart fan for so long, so intensely, i just refused to even consider a different version of that film. Add to it that i don't like Sinatra or musicals, and it couldn't even overcome having Grace Kelly in it. Then, i had a Derp Epiphany some years ago—that, 'Hey Stupid, they're not making any more old/classic movies.' So, i got over it, watched it, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Forgot Wes Anderson in my list
Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic, Rushmore great stuff
Wes Anderson is my spirit animal.
I got to see him introduce/speak in a panel at a premier of Grand Budapest Hotel. That was something.

"One on One" - Henry Steel got Game, surprised this didn't make the top 20 BBALL Movies of All time

A Beautiful Mind
A Midnight Clear
Memento
12 Angry Men
One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
Boogie Nights
Dial M for Murder
Something about Mary
Shawshank Redemption
Rear Window
Rope

gonna do a kurt russell quasi-marathon over the next 8 nights
used cars
the thing
escape from new york
big trouble in little china
captain ron
breakdown
soldier
bone tomahawk
Don't forget about miracle and tequila sunrise. Dark blue was pretty good also.

Tonight my wife and I decided to introduce our kids to the Back to the Future trilogy. Should be fun.
Excellent family movies and surprisingly the third in the series is excellent.

Just watched the Fab Five 30 for 30 on ESPN. Now the Loyola Marymount one is coming on! Haven’t seen these since they first aired. Classic material!

To show my age I am going to throw a couple of movies almost no one other than me has heard of but that I love from back when. the first is a movie called fate is the Hunter. It is about the investigation of a airplane crash. Glenn Ford stars. The second is Mirage with Gregory peck. If you are ever up at 2 a.m. and can't sleep, they might be on. Really liked both.
Mirage ... beware of stairwells with missing floors.

The 30 for 30 shows are all good. My favorite is Requiem for the Big East...not sure why.

Same! I bet that one is coming at some point. The Len Bias one is on next at 10. Seems like they’re showing all the college hoop ones.

Don't forget Grindhouse: Death Proof.
one of the rare kr films i don't like. tedious, slow pace, typical tarantino too in love with his own (ponderous) dialogue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom