Movies to watch during lockdown? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

My Favorites are constantly rotating but Children of Men and City of God are always at the top of my list. City of God is a Brazilian film that shows what gang life is like there.

I really liked both, but I'm not sure I would view them again. Lots of the scenes are tough to watch, and both storylines are so depressing. I'm depressed enough as it is.

Godfather 1
Godfather 2
Scarface
Juice
New Jack City
Star Wars 1-9
Boiler Room
Wolf of Wall Street
Wall Street
Glory, good call Mike, cto, Brian, everyone
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
Black Hawk Down
The Last Samurai
Apocalypse Now
Tommy Boy
You don’t mess with the Zohan
The Fugitive
Patriot Games
WarGames
Blue Crush - yes, I’m a dog ;)
A Night at the Roxbury
The Sandlot
Employee of the Month
The Karate Kid
Zoolander
Zoolander 2
The Goonies
The Perfect Storm
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumberer
U-571
Way of the Dragon aka Return of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
The Last Dragon!
Edit: I’m ashamed to miss Tombstone among some others I just read here on pass 1.

Last edited:
Godfather 1
Godfather 2
Scarface
Juice
New Jack City
Star Wars 1-9
Boiler Room
Wolf of Wall Street
Wall Street
Glory, good call cto, Brian, everyone
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
Black Hawk Down
The Last Samurai
Apocalypse Now
Tommy Boy
You don’t mess with the Zohan
The Fugitive
Patriot Games
WarGames
Blue Crush - yes, I’m a dog ;)
A Night at the Roxbury
The Sandlot
Employee of the Month
The Karate Kid
Zoolander
Zoolander 2
The Goonies
The Perfect Storm
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumberer
U-571
Edit: I’m ashamed to miss Tombstone among some others I just read here on pass 1.

Tommy Boy! The fight scene on the side of the road still makes me laugh out loud.

"If I wanted a kiss I'd call your mother"

I really liked both, but I'm not sure I would view them again. Lots of the scenes are tough to watch, and both storylines are so depressing. I'm depressed enough as it is.
Seriously. I saw City of God in Brazil, and then bought the dvd when i got home, because I was so moved/impressed by it. But then i never watched that dvd... I really should now, though. Plus there’s a ‘sequel.’

Anyone ever see City of Lost Children?

Rochelle, Rochelle
Sack Lunch
The Other Side of Darkness
Brown Eyed Girl
Cry, Cry Again
The Muted Heart
The Pain and the Yearning
Cold Fusion
Mountain High
Ponce de Leon
Chow Fun
Agent Zero
Prognosis Negative
Flaming Globes of Sigmund
Chunnel
Death Blow — “When someone wants to blow you up, not because of who you are, but for different reasons altogether...”
Firestorm

Last edited:
Rochelle, Rochelle
Sack Lunch
Brown Eyed Girl
Cry, Cry Again
The Muted Heart
Cold Fusion
Mountain High
Ponce de Leon
Chow Fun
Agent Zero
Prognosis Negative
Chunnel
Death Blow — “When someone wants to blow you up, not because of who you are, but for different reasons altogether...”
Firestorm
There’s no higher than...Mountain High
Why don’t you just tell me the name of the Movie? - Cosmo
lol, Chunnel

Seriously. I saw City of God in Brazil, and then bought the dvd when i got home, because I was so moved/impressed by it. But then i never watched that dvd... I really should now, though. Plus there’s a ‘sequel.’

Anyone ever see City of Lost Children?
The sequel wasn't as good in my opinion. Never heard of City of Lost Children before today, but I'm intrigued now. Plus, it has the original Hellboy himself in it.

Rochelle, Rochelle
Sack Lunch
Brown Eyed Girl
Cry, Cry Again
The Muted Heart
Cold Fusion
Mountain High
Ponce de Leon
Chow Fun
Agent Zero
Prognosis Negative
Chunnel
Firestorm

Wow - its not often that someone makes a list of 17 films and I don't know a single one. :(

The sequel wasn't as good in my opinion. Never heard of City of Lost Children before today, but I'm intrigued now. Plus, it has the original Hellboy himself in it.
(1995 film) Yeah, it was directed by the guys who did Delicatessen and Amelie.
Sort of an alt-universe, steampunk kinda world. Beautiful and odd.

Worked on this in amazing film in Malaysia

Revenge of the Pontianak | Netflix

Did a couple days on dolly for these series

Key Grip on this movie shot in an old gas station in LaGrange, NY off the Taconic Parkway

Yes and many more Syracuse area shot films are coming out this year, (I hope)

Recently stumbled on Snow Day on cable. Chevy Chase in the Cuse, competing with the rival weather man was pretty funny, and the snow plow scenes while the kids were in their roadside igloos was also a nice reminiscence.

Rochelle, Rochelle
Sack Lunch
Brown Eyed Girl
Cry, Cry Again
The Muted Heart
Cold Fusion
Mountain High
Ponce de Leon
Chow Fun
Agent Zero
Prognosis Negative
Chunnel
Firestorm
Welcome to movie phone...why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you want to see

We watched Big Time Adolescence on Hulu the other night. The movie is mostly filmed in Syracuse. It was worth watching.

Prison movies

1584646850534.png

Are you saying he was good? I find the comedian to serious actor transition fascinating. Robin Williams, numerous times, but Jim Carey in the Truman Show and Will Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction were really good, IMO.

Jim Carrey, in one of my top 5 favorite movies ever, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Are you saying he was good? I find the comedian to serious actor transition fascinating. Robin Williams, numerous times, but Jim Carey in the Truman Show and Will Ferrell in Stranger than Fiction were really good, IMO.
Bill Murray in Lost In Translation, and Saint Vincent.
Adam Sandler in the only two of his movies that i've liked—Punch Drunk Love, and Spanglish.

Saw uncut gems last night. Strange movie.

I liked "Good Time" by the same directors (Safdie brothers) a lot more. Like Uncut Gems it is quite fast paced and at times stress inducing, but I found it more focused and entertaining. Free on netflix currently. Would recommend if you did not totally hate uncut gems. Also a good deal shorter so the rollercoaster ends before you have to puke.

I have watched Midway, liked it, Knives out, liked it, Dark Waters, really liked it, and the Hollywood movie with Leo and Brad Pitt. Liked it enough. Margot Robbie is in it. Really like her

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom