Movies to watch during lockdown? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Movies to watch during lockdown?

Watched Crazy People last night. Forgot how funny that movie is.
The Secret in Their Eyes is a great foreign film. I typically don't like subtitles but didn't mind at all in this film. The American remake from 2015 was just ok.

Godfather 1
Godfather 2
Scarface
Juice
New Jack City
Star Wars 1-9
Boiler Room
Wolf of Wall Street
Wall Street
Glory, good call Mike, cto, Brian, everyone
Jarhead
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
Black Hawk Down
The Last Samurai
Apocalypse Now
Tommy Boy
You don’t mess with the Zohan
The Fugitive
Patriot Games
WarGames
Blue Crush - yes, I’m a dog ;)
A Night at the Roxbury
The Sandlot
Employee of the Month
The Karate Kid
Zoolander
Zoolander 2
The Goonies
The Perfect Storm
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumberer
U-571
Way of the Dragon aka Return of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
The Last Dragon!
Edit: I’m ashamed to miss Tombstone among some others I just read here on pass 1.
That's a great list. However while dumb and dumber is one of the best comedies ever made. The 2nd dumb and dumber is a Trainwreck.

Last edited:
My Favorites are constantly rotating but Children of Men and City of God are always at the top of my list. City of God is a Brazilian film that shows what gang life is like there.
Children of Men is fantastic. Haven't seen the other. I'll add it to the list.

That's a great list. However while dumb and dumber is one of the best comedies ever made. Than 2nd dumb and dumber is a Trainwreck.
Negatory, my friend! Are you thinking about the last one, when they are older? Cause ‘when Harry met Lloyd’ is a hidden gem. You should check it out again, the Lloyd kid is brilliant. And perhaps you’re forgetting this little nugget?

Negatory, my friend! Are you thinking about the last one, when they are older? Cause ‘when Harry met Lloyd’ is a hidden gem. You should check it out again, the Lloyd kid is brilliant. And perhaps you’re forgetting this little nugget?
The one that recently came out.

The French Connection
True story: I worked for one of the guys the movie is based on, Sonny Grosso, Rest In Peace. Worked for his production company a few summers when I was younger. He also has a one liner in Godfather 1, playing one of Captain McCloskey’s sergeants “He’s a war hero, Captain”. Was a super-nice guy, we talked a lot of Yankees baseball and Joe D gave him some special memorabilia. Also had a table at Rao’s.

Recently stumbled on Snow Day on cable. Chevy Chase in the Cuse, competing with the rival weather man was pretty funny, and the snow plow scenes while the kids were in their roadside igloos was also a nice reminiscence.
Skipped school to see that with a buddy when I was in the Hoyts red vest Mafia.

Those were the days.

Anyone know what the record for person liking the most posts in a thread is? I think tee1222 wins for this one. Unless his mouse button got stuck or something. :)
Maybe the poster who announced melo was coming here.

I can never not watch Good Will Hunting when I happen upon it while channel surfing.
Funny story...

Back in college we used to screen upcoming movies and the actors of the movies would attend the screening and discuss the movie business with us. We saw Empire Records during one screening and a young actress named Renee Zeilweger discussed the movie.

We had another screening of Mallrats. Pretty dumb movie. One of the actors came in. I thought he was pretty bad in the movie. Anyway, he was discussing what he was going to do next. Said he was headed up to Boston to shoot a movie that he and his best friend wrote.

The best friend was Matt Damon. The guy was Ben Affleck. The movie was Good Will Hunting.

Last edited:
gonna do a kurt russell quasi-marathon over the next 8 nights
used cars
the thing
escape from new york
big trouble in little china
captain ron
breakdown
soldier
bone tomahawk

Don't forget Grindhouse: Death Proof.

gonna do a kurt russell quasi-marathon over the next 8 nights