Moyer Attracting Offers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer Attracting Offers

The conversation didn’t stay private because his mom posted about it on Facebook on her way to church.
So Boeheim has to address Facebook posts at press conferences because they're public?

I guess it bears repeating for the 1000th time. Nobody was saying JB didn't have a right to be ticked off about what happened. With that said, plenty of people (myself included) felt strongly that a press conference wasn't the time and place to address it. If it was handled in house, maybe the damage to the player/coach relationship was still done but airing it so publicly was a terrible look for the program.

Yeah, she did that, too. So we agree that the Moyer family made all of this business public. JB didn't open the door. It was already open.
You just don't get it. People don't have expectations about player's parents. I'm sure some are great and some are overbearing. Whatever, nobody outside of our fanbase knows or cares about what Mrs. Moyer is posting on Facebook.

I do expect a HOF coach to take the high road and not engage with that stuff to the press.

He already has offers from Vanderbilt and Stanford.
Along with Kansas State and Xavier.

Well, seeing as how Xavier doesn't currrently have a coach, I wonder just who would have made that offer and just how binding it might be on the new coach, when he gets hired. That's why some people think the family's interviews are a bit exaggerated.

Terrific kid. They did a great job raising him. Nobody disputes that.

But JB burned that bridge very publicly, as he has done way too many times in recent years (Chris McCullough, Tyler Roberson, Jerami Grant, Tyler Ennis come to mind ...).

Last edited:
Well, seeing as how Xavier doesn't currrently have a coach, I wonder just who would have made that offer and just how binding it might be on the new coach, when he gets hired. That's why some people think the family's interviews are a bit exaggerated. Terrific kid. They did a great job raising him.

JB burned that bridge very publicly, as he has done way too many times in recent years (Chris McCullough, Tyler Roberson, Jerami Grant, Tyler Ennis come to mind ...).

Jerami and Chris were both sitting behind the teams bench at the Florida State game two years ago, so not sure there’s any bad feelings there.

No, I'm merely pointing out that you can't make something public when it's already public.

Everyone on this board already knows your feelings on the matter. If you want to keep repeating yourself, that's your right. It's just unnecessary.

There's "Facebook Public" and then there's "Television Public". Those are 2 different things.

I'd bet he ends up at Xavier - has been liking anything Xavier-related on twitter past few days
(I only know this because I follow him and his "likes" show up in my feed)

Believe you are correct and according to article in local paper it sounded like that's what the Moyer's were hoping for. Best of luck to him.

I'd bet he ends up at Xavier - has been liking anything Xavier-related on twitter past few days
(I only know this because I follow him and his "likes" show up in my feed)

Solid chance of this, depending on whom is hired. Close relationships there but we will see whom they replace Mack with.

Only a 115 mile trip on game days. I'm sure his parents will get to know the medical staff really well.

Yup. I do that drive all the time. Can get to the exit off of I-71 for X in 90 minutes.

Only a 115 mile trip on game days. I'm sure his parents will get to know the medical staff really well.
Yeah that assumes the new coach would push him to play and actually communicate with the family.

Is parent-staff communication the norm at this level?

Of course it is. You're saying you don't expect a staff to return repeated phone calls from parents, simply inquiring about the physical well-being and treatment of their son? It's common courtesy. I'm done with this topic. It's obvious some people disagree. I'm not going back and forth on this. Whatever people think, they will think.

Of course it is. You're saying you don't expect a staff to return repeated phone calls from parents, simply inquiring about the physical well-being and treatment of their son? It's common courtesy. I'm done with this topic. It's obvious some people disagree. I'm not going back and forth on this. Whatever people think, they will think.

I didn’t say that I expect/don’t expect anything. Just curious about the typical level of communication between parents and staff at that level of ball.

Why didn't they call their adult son? Had they lost his number?

I didn’t say that I expect/don’t expect anything. Just curious about the typical level of communication between parents and staff at that level of ball.

You didn't but others have in other threads. Sick of arguing about something like that. Carry on.

You didn't but others have in other threads. Sick of arguing about something like that. Carry on.
Gee and people still wonder why the father actually drove to Syracuse.

So Boeheim has to address Facebook posts at press conferences because they're public?

I guess it bears repeating for the 1000th time. Nobody was saying JB didn't have a right to be ticked off about what happened. With that said, plenty of people (myself included) felt strongly that a press conference wasn't the time and place to address it. If it was handled in house, maybe the damage to the player/coach relationship was still done but airing it so publicly was a terrible look for the program.
That’s not what Alsacs said. Alsacs said JB made it public. I corrected him.

Talking about something publicly is different from making it public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom