Moyer update | Syracusefan.com

Moyer update

Donna later tweeted sprained ankle but he also was in a walking boot.

We shouldn't need him vs. Pitt on Saturday. But it'd be nice to have him @GaTech on 1/31

Not that this provides the definitive answer, but there were several second hand shots of the bench, and Moyer was on his feet joking around with teammates. Hopefully, that's a sign that the ankle sprain injury isn't too serious.

"It's a sprained ankle," Boeheim said. "He could be out for a little while."

He ran/limped up the tunnel when he left in the first half. He rolled his ankle, I had a good view of it. I would be surprised if he’s out more than a week.

Not that this provides the definitive answer, but there were several second hand shots of the bench, and Moyer was on his feet joking around with teammates. Hopefully, that's a sign that the ankle sprain injury isn't too serious.
Medical DQ?

Ankle sprains are never given the significance they deserve.

Speaking from personal experience. They are seriously under appreciated.

Would be absolutely shocked he plays against Pitt, given its saturday

They can be so different. I sprained one in practice in high school and though it was incredibly painful at first I didn’t miss any games, though I was pretty limited for one game. After that, it healed up quickly and was pretty much back to normal maybe 7-10 days after it happened.

I sprained one in the off-season once and I was limping around for weeks that time. I remember trying to jump after I thought it had healed up probably a month later and feeling like my whole ankle and Achilles was going to explode. They both felt about the same when they happened, but one healed so much faster than the other.

I've had sprains where I could still play, sprains that hurt and couldn't play but could limp around, and sprains where I couldn't take one step for two weeks.

Our body's are difficult to say the least.

Hope he's back soon, we're far far too thin in depth.

Chronic ankleitis

Backiotomy.png

I know a trail runner that sprained her ankle during a race win, and couldn't get it back for the entire season, because of re-injury, just out hiking, etc.

I sprained mine during practice my sophomore year I got it checked out and such and they said just a sprain. It hurt and all but not enough to keep me from playing for more then about a week so I gave it a go and I had issues with it all year but pushed my way through. Near the end of the season I got it rechecked when it was flaming up a lot and found out I had a break in it and it probably wasn’t noticed because it swelled up so much and the x-ray wasn’t the clearest. Ankle sprains are so damn weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom