Moyer update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer update

It was a bad roll of the ankle. I would be pleasantly surprised if he is back within 2 weeks. Yes all sprains are different and they have great services to help Matt out but all of his body weight took that fall on a full jump. Ice, board rehab, electrostim and lots of tape. Get healthy soon Matt.

Pitt is so awful that we won't even need Moyer tomorrow.

They should feel bad.

Oh, my bad, wrong thread.
Pitt is bad but it is hard to win with only 5 players, assuming Sidibe is limited. God forbid one of the 5 gets into foul problems.

Does anybody think Matt being out may actually help Marek? When Marek's in there he seems to play tentative looking over the shoulder for JB's hook after a mistake. It seems he plays not to make a mistake. Against BC he played free, easy and with confidence knowing he was not coming out. This may help Marek, to play without fear of being pulled. Look what it's done for Frank, knowing he's not coming out.

Does anybody think Matt being out may actually help Marek? When Marek's in there he seems to play tentative looking over the shoulder for JB's hook after a mistake. It seems he plays not to make a mistake. Against BC he played free, easy and with confidence knowing he was not coming out. This may help Marek, to play without fear of being pulled. Look what it's done for Frank, knowing he's not coming out.
For the most part this season, Moyer has been the guy subject to the quick hook after a mistake or two, not Dolezaj. There have been several games where JB has opted to stay with an ineffective Dolezaj. Now he may have no choice.

Moyer will be out for 1 week.

Hope you're right. Hope the MRI was clean. "Unlikely to return in the near future" doesn't sound like a week.

Is that Moyer’s hand in his sweats pocket?

No big deal. Just happy to see someone over there probably.

Matty sporting some AirPods. Oh yeah, what's up with his shorts?

Hope he can be ready for Saturday. He played well against Virginia in the first game.
I think Saturday might be a difficult lift. I sprained my ankle, and felt better, and then rolled the crap out of it later that day playing a pickup game. But if he can, now with Washington out, maybe we can get the "big" lineup on the court, if only for entertainment: TB/Brissett/Moyer/Sidibe/Chukwu

I'd be surprised if Moyer plays, but who knows. This seems like a bit of gamesmanship; making the opponent think we have a little more depth and perhaps making GT less prone to pressure D or attempting to get us in foul trouble.

Doubt it will change anything in GT's gameplan, but can't hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom