Moyer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm no doctor but speaking from experience a rolled ankle will swell to the size of a grapefruit overnight. there are thousands of connective bands and tissue that take time to unify back into a cohesive stable run worthy support. i was probably hobbled for a good 2 years cuz i wouldn't let it fully heal.

A lifetime of regrets over a sprained ankle?

Do you think the Moyers should trust the medical staff?
Over a sprained ankle? No. Over over compensating and causing another injury, maybe. And what I think regarding our medical staff isn't really important now is it. I do think the medical staff can be trusted. But I also thought the same when they ruled kids out of the football team. Did you agree with the medical staff at that time?

and i run every day on "duct tape and tie wraps" to make it thru tomorrow. surprisingly time is often not an option afforded.
(you take offense to "fool" yet play the part so willingly.)

I didn’t take offense to “fool” or I would have said something. (I just considered the source and Napoleon’s quote about fleas.)

You used the term and then characterized this as civilized discourse.

I was just wondering how you squared the two.

I don't even know what anyone's arguing about anymore. Seems like if he practiced yesterday that this has been settled.
The question was never about Moyer.

Over a sprained ankle? No. Over over compensating and causing another injury, maybe. And what I think regarding our medical staff isn't really important now is it. I do think the medical staff can be trusted. But I also thought the same when they ruled kids out of the football team. Did you agree with the medical staff at that time?
Yeah, it's their job to make that call. I'm not going to question the medical staff and neither should Moyer's parents. This is what their son signed up for and they gave their consent. It's not their place to interfere with the program, no matter how well-intentioned they are.

We have multiple kids on this team that have put the team before themselves injury wise. Battle’s back, Frank’s issues last year and hand, bourama’s tendinitis, moyer’s ankle, im sure paschal and chukwu have crap going on as well. Im still amazed at the and 1 contact brissett shook off vs UB.

This team’s resilient and anything but soft. Not to say anyone called them soft
Paschal and Chukwu??? We have two of those? Thank goodness...I was starting to think our bench was getting really thin. Time to give them both some run!!

Yeah, it's their job to make that call. I'm not going to question the medical staff and neither should Moyer's parents. This is what their son signed up for and they gave their consent. It's not their place to interfere with the program, no matter how well-intentioned they are.
And you agreed with the medical staff when they have dq ed players?

Missed all these posters from the Steven Clark threads. Must all be bball onlies (or because the Moyers don't post on the board)
exactly. Not to mention that the issue hasn't been about the Moyers or the Medical staff. It was about jb airing this in public. I don't care what Jb said to the Moyers in private.

Asked and answered.
I missed the answer. Please repeat it. Were you consistent that the Clark's were out of line to question the medical staff?

Paschal and Chukwu??? We have two of those? Thank goodness...I was starting to think our bench was getting really thin. Time to give them both some run!!
Meant marek and paschal. Apologies. Need coffee

The question was never about Moyer.

Because you didn’t want it to be about Moyer?

Because your argument was about the wisdom of what JB said about Moyer and his parents?

I’m afraid these discussions and their direction are a little out of your control..

In today’s world of lawyers, law suits and the propensity of juries to side with the claimants and against universities, corporations and insurance companies and award huge settlements, I suspect the medical professionals and schools are erring on the side of caution.

I missed the answer. Please repeat it. Were you consistent that the Clark's were out of line to question the medical staff?
I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. I'm not going to question the medical staff. If the university wants to handle an incident with the medical staff as an internal matter, I won't question that either.

In today’s world of lawyers, law suits and the propensity of juries to side with the claimants and against universities, corporations and insurance companies and award huge settlements, I suspect the medical professionals and schools are erring on the side of caution.
After doing a quick Google search, it sounds like that's what happened with the Clark/Tucker situation.

I'm not familiar with what you're referring to. I'm not going to question the medical staff. If the university wants to handle an incident with the medical staff as an internal matter, I won't question that either.
You don't follow football? Well, good for you over the last 15 years. I live and die with it. Not like hoop but close. And the issue to me has never been about the medical staff and it's call. It's about whether JB should have gone public with it or handled it all behind the scenes. I wouldn't care if JB lit the Moyers up for declaring their son unfit to go. I do care that jb went public with it. It serves no purpose and embarrasses the kid. And he didn't deserve that. Heck, he came back way early by everyone's account for the Ville game. I have also said that I don't believe that Jb would play any kid if he thought the kid could injure himself more. It never hurts to take the high road.

After doing a quick Google search, it sounds like that's what happened with the Clark/Tucker situation.
But you back the medical staff, correct? And not being medical pros, we have no idea why the medical staff ruled him out. Only that they did. And to be consistent, we have to side with the medical staff and their judgment.

But you back the medical staff, correct? And not being medical pros, we have no idea why the medical staff ruled him out. Only that they did. And to be consistent, we have to side with the medical staff and their judgment.

Dasher, you’re not having Dave Meggyesy flashbacks are you?

I dont think JB should have called him out publicly. That said the kid practices for two days and then after talking to mom and dad he decides to sit out on the day of the game? I would be very frustrated if I were Boeheim and the team. Its one thing if a trainer says something or if the player comes in and says i cant go. But to say mom and Dad convinced me to sit out is a problem.

The real question I have is why is he practicing on it. If he is injured he should be just getting treatment between games.
So, the kid practices 2 days. Talks to the folks. Says the ankle really hurts and its not getting better. Parents say that he should tell the coach or medical. Kid says, I can't, the team needs me. Folks step in to protect the kid from himself.

No one gave JB the background. He says what he knows at the PC.

Last edited:
One thing Dasher said made sense. This was never about Moyer's injury. What it is about is introducing an external factor that could have cost the team a game and set their post season aspirations way back. Is Boeheim the one that precipitated this. No. That should have never occurred on game day.

So, the kid practices 2 days. Talks to the folks. Says the ankle really hurts and its not getting better. Parents say that he should tell the coach or medical. Kid says, I can't, the team needs me. Folks step in to protect the kid from himself.

No one give JB the background. He says what he knows at the PC.
I think that is it.

One thing Dasher said made sense. This was never about Moyer's injury. What it is about is introducing an external factor that could have cost the team a game and set their post season aspirations way back. Is Boeheim the one that precipitated this. No. That should have never occurred on game day.
lol Something should never have occurred on game day. It was after the game. But that is just me being anti Jb as usual. And you do realize that it didn't, right? Moyer didn't play and we won. JB should have left it at that during the press conference. If he wanted to say something to the Moyers in private, be my guest.

lol Something should never have occurred on game day. It was after the game. But that is just me being anti Jb as usual. And you do realize that it didn't, right? Moyer didn't play and we won. JB should have left it at that during the press conference. If he wanted to say something to the Moyers in private, be my guest.
Moyer backed out on game morning, or the night before. The fotos were on facebook and he was sitting on the bench with a boot on. The reporters would have ferreted this out and JB wanted to be ahead of it. Smart. In any event, Moyer has a high ankle sprain which won't heal for a long time, so Bayer should play the rest of the seaon in those minuets. If he can hit a few three's, it will improve spacing for Tyus, Frank and OB to penetrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom