Musings during the UCONN game | Syracusefan.com

Musings during the UCONN game

grepal

Starter
Was wondering why our band and students did not make the trip. What I really want to say is that I feel a big part of our problem is we do not have anyone grabbing the role of "Go to Guy". I thought this guy might be Lydon, maybe it needs to be White as Lydon is suffering from a slump, whether it be shooting or the sophomore slump I can not tell. . As for the offense I would love to see early or earlier penetration with the head up looking to pass. We got a couple of really nice passes off of penetration yesterday. Finally, I just need to say that this team should and probably will shoot better most of the year, however, when you depend on so many 3 pointers there will be nights like Monday night and it will not be pretty.

Best thing we as fans can do is support the players and coaches with positivity at the games and if we see them in person. I think we should look for a fastclimb up the learning curve. By the way, Coleman was really, really great last night.

Yea, ummm, where were our fans? I didn't recognize anything as being Syracuse in the Garden last night aside from the fact my tv kept telling me we were playing.

Yea, ummm, where were our fans? I didn't recognize anything as being Syracuse in the Garden last night aside from the fact my tv kept telling me we were playing.

It was about 50/50 in the crowd (maybe 55/45 in our favor), but they had students, band, cheerleaders and their fans were loud all game with tons of cheers. We only got loud when we went on that run at the start of the 2nd half.

I hate that SU doesn't bus in cheerleaders and the band for these games. I remember years ago A&M brought theirs to MSG for a November tournament and we don't have anything. Feels so small time.

It was about 50/50 in the crowd (maybe 55/45 in our favor), but they had students, band, cheerleaders and their fans were loud all game with tons of cheers. We only got loud when we went on that run at the start of the 2nd half.

I hate that SU doesn't bus in cheerleaders and the band for these games. I remember years ago A&M brought theirs to MSG for a November tournament and we don't have anything. Feels so small time.

Agreed, we had a slight advantage in numbers, but Uconn and their fans treated this as their Super Bowl (which it probably was). Back to fun times in the AAC for them. I bet they can't wait for the Tulane and UCF match-ups coming up.

Agreed, we had a slight advantage in numbers, but Uconn and their fans treated this as their Super Bowl (which it probably was). Back to fun times in the AAC for them. I bet they can't wait for the Tulane and UCF match-ups coming up.

I was kind of a d*** after the game and kept screaming "enjoy your f***** games against Tulsa and Tulane." Then I calmed down.

I was kind of a d*** after the game and kept screaming "enjoy your f***** games against Tulsa and Tulane." Then I calmed down.

I'm not sure I've ever left an arena faster. I was on the 2 train about 4 minutes after Lydon's horrendous toss. Couldnt bear watching their fan's celebrate like it was March. Because of that, didn't need to interact with much Uconn nonsense in the post-game exit.

It's sad that our excuse to lose is because the other team wanted it more than we did. Especially when you beat North Florida by single digits and get stomped by two ranked teams the previous 3 games. If that's the case we have weak minded coaching and players. Pathetic...

I'm not sure I've ever left an arena faster. I was on the 2 train about 4 minutes after Lydon's horrendous toss. Couldnt bear watching their fan's celebrate like it was March. Because of that, didn't need to interact with much Uconn nonsense in the post-game exit.

I stopped pretty quickly. It was really from the tunnel to the line for the bathroom. The E came immediately when I got into the subway, so it was a really quick trip home for me. Thankfully.

I was waiting for my buddies to finish their smokes and got to see the storz band outside the arena. I almost committed tubacide (sorry tomcat)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom