My Big East Power Rankings | Syracusefan.com

My Big East Power Rankings

Alsacs

Living Legend
1. West Virginia- best team in the Big East. Geno Smith is a great QB and should be able to torch every defense in the Big East throwing to Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey who are the best WR tandem in the Big East. If WVU doesn't beat themselves with turnovers they should easily go 11-1 and play in the Discover Orange Bowl.
2. Cincinnati- they have been the second most consistent team in the Big East. They got hammered by a mediocre Tennessee team on the road, but Tyler Bray UT's QB is very underrated and torched the Bearcat defense. Zack Collaros and Isiah Pead, and D.J. Woods are the best QB,RB,WR tandem in the Big East. I am giving them the 2nd slot until somebody beats them.
3. Rutgers- even though they aren't a dominant team they sadly beat Syracuse in a game and get the 3rd slot. The SU game was given to them, but to be fair Rutgers took advantage and won the game.
4. Syracuse- hasn't played a complete game, but has alligator blood and plays every game close.
5. UConn- they beat USF, and I can't put USF above somebody they lost too.
6. Pitt- has a great RB in Ray Graham, but no QB Tino Suseri is Pitt's Troy Nunes or R.J. Anderson he can make plays, but isn't that good. Pitt has a good defense, but when you lose 4 games you can't be that high.
7. South Florida- I gotta give credit to the poster on this forum that called them the Virginia Tech of the New Big East because that is right on the ball. B.J. Daniels is a good athlete, but makes a lot of mistakes they gave UConn that game, but like Rutgers against SU UConn took the charity and won. USF has the most athletes on defense in the Big East. I shudder when I think of USF's defensive line against SU's offensive line, but if Daniels doesn't protect the ball they could have trouble winning Big East games.
8. Louisville- taking their lumps with the freshman QB Teddy Bridgewater. They have a lot of young talent, but struggle to light up the scoreboard. SU-UL could be another 10-9 type game, but if the talent develops which it should the Baby Cards should be future Big East champs in 2-3 years, but when you lose to Florida International, Marshall at home and only score 7 points at North Carolina you are a year away.
My projected Big East final standings
1. WVU 7-0
2. Cincinnati 5-2 losses, WVU, SU
3 Rutgers 4-3 losses WVU, Cincinnati, USF
T4 Syracuse 3-4 losses RU, WVU, USF, Pitt
T4 South Florida 3-4 losses Pitt, UConn, WVU, Cincinnati
T4. Pitt 3-4 losses WVU, Cincinnati, RU, UConn,
T6 UConn 2-5 losses WVU, Cincinnati, RU, SU, Louisville
8. Louisville 1-6 losses to WVU, Cincinnati, RU, SU, USF, Pitt

1. West Virginia- best team in the Big East. Geno Smith is a great QB and should be able to torch every defense in the Big East throwing to Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey who are the best WR tandem in the Big East. If WVU doesn't beat themselves with turnovers they should easily go 11-1 and play in the Discover Orange Bowl.
2. Cincinnati- they have been the second most consistent team in the Big East. They got hammered by a mediocre Tennessee team on the road, but Tyler Bray UT's QB is very underrated and torched the Bearcat defense. Zack Collaros and Isiah Pead, and D.J. Woods are the best QB,RB,WR tandem in the Big East. I am giving them the 2nd slot until somebody beats them.
3. Rutgers- even though they aren't a dominant team they sadly beat Syracuse in a game and get the 3rd slot. The SU game was given to them, but to be fair Rutgers took advantage and won the game.
4. Syracuse- hasn't played a complete game, but has alligator blood and plays every game close.
5. UConn- they beat USF, and I can't put USF above somebody they lost too.
6. Pitt- has a great RB in Ray Graham, but no QB Tino Suseri is Pitt's Troy Nunes or R.J. Anderson he can make plays, but isn't that good. Pitt has a good defense, but when you lose 4 games you can't be that high.
7. South Florida- I gotta give credit to the poster on this forum that called them the Virginia Tech of the New Big East because that is right on the ball. B.J. Daniels is a good athlete, but makes a lot of mistakes they gave UConn that game, but like Rutgers against SU UConn took the charity and won. USF has the most athletes on defense in the Big East. I shudder when I think of USF's defensive line against SU's offensive line, but if Daniels doesn't protect the ball they could have trouble winning Big East games.
8. Louisville- taking their lumps with the freshman QB Teddy Bridgewater. They have a lot of young talent, but struggle to light up the scoreboard. SU-UL could be another 10-9 type game, but if the talent develops which it should the Baby Cards should be future Big East champs in 2-3 years, but when you lose to Florida International, Marshall at home and only score 7 points at North Carolina you are a year away.
My projected Big East final standings
1. WVU 7-0
2. Cincinnati 5-2
T3 Syracuse 3-4
T3 Rutgers 3-4
T3 South Florida 3-4
T6. Pitt 2-5
T6 UConn 2-5
8. Louisville 1-6

No offense but your predicted Big East standings don't add up. You have the league as a whole finishing at 26-30 (you need to somehow hand out 2 more wins)

Never mind, that probably should make sense with this horrid league.

No offense but your predicted Big East standings don't add up. You have the league as a whole finishing at 26-30 (you need to somehow hand out 2 more wins)

Never mind, that probably should make sense with this horrid league.
Your right I should change Rutgers to 4-3 I thought I did the math right. I will fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom