My Pitt Watching/Listening experience | Syracusefan.com

My Pitt Watching/Listening experience

Tobias Funke

All Conference
So to start my flight was delayed so I would not be able to see the whole game, but I was on JetBlue so thankfully I saw the first half. I tend not to let commentators/announcers to get on my nerves, but I found a few things impossible to ignore.

1. If you didn't watch the game and didn't know the score, but went solely based on the color commentary Syracuse clearly would have been down by 20 at the half. By no stretch of the imagination did Cuse play well, but I heard numerous times that Pitt was doing whatever they wanted to do offensively. Now that may have referenced getting the ball into gaps, but by no means did Pitt have a great offensive half.

2. I heard the announcers reference the fact that Pitt allowed one to get away in Syracuse. They made it seem that Cuse got lucky and Pitt had earned that win. Seems like laziness by the announcers to just take Pitt's view and make it their own.

3. Jamie Dixon drove his kids and Doris Burke to work. Enough said...it was clearly worth discussing ad nauseum.

Fortunately the plane landed and after a series of mistakes by the JetBlue folks I was on my way in my rental car. I found the game on Sirius, but it was only the Pitt feed. My goodness it was the worst piece of crap I have ever heard. I legitimately had to keep going back and forth turning the volume up and down because the announcers were yelling in celebration and anger during the last 5 minutes. To put some perspective on it when it was announced that the game was over one announcer essentially said that it was the last bad call in a series of bad calls that cost Pitt the game. Completely ignoring simple facts like Ennis shot the ball with a full second on the clock.

Great Win regardless. It is good to be on top. With every win it will be harder and harder for the naysayers to keep from changing their tune. The longer they last the more they jeopardize their credibility in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom