My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

That would have been an interesting call for sure.
I didn’t lie and my question was respectful. Screener said they didn’t want to upset Coach.

Call from some guy in Colorado about Jessie Edwards, asked what JB wants to see for him to get on the court because he coached at IMG and Jessie was there so he must be good.

Said Edwards only played 1 semester at IMG and didn't play on the Varsity squad. Said he's not physical enough and is way behind because of his late start playing bball. Can pass and shoot but not nearly physical enough. Doesn't weigh enough and is a year away.

"Hopeful he will be ready next year to help us"

I didn’t lie and my question was respectful. Screener said they didn’t want to upset Coach.

Seems way over the top to me, hopefully you call back next week and get it on.

That sucks. Wish they would have kept you on hold and preview your question to JB during a commercial and let him decide if he wants to respond

I don't know which one is more hilarious, that they didn't want to upset coach or that Kadary can only play 20 minutes per game. Buddy and Joe had COVID and were still going 35.

This has become a circus.

But why did he get into foul trouble? What that because of how we played him?

I don’t think it had to do with how we specifically played him per se, but more to do with picking up quick early fouls causing him to be tentative, etc. Simply, an off game. At least that’s what I recall. Really not all that uncommon of a circumstance, especially for college guys.

Matt ends the show asking about Henry Aaron because he forgot to ask last week, must have got to it late because they started to play him off with the fight song and you could barely hear JB's response. Classic SU production.

See, this is just wrong. As long as people are polite, there is no reason not to put a call through. JB accepts money to take calls. They can't all be coach, love the team. You are doing a great job. By the way, I have a daughter that I would like Buddy to meet. It is possible, that Jb has an answer that all of us would say, hey, I didn't think of that after jb gave his reasons for whatever the question was. But not likely. And that is why he doesn't want to take the calls he is paid to take. Coach, why does your son play 40 minutes every game. Even against Va Tech when we had a big lead and he played the 3 at the end. That he doesn't take the questions doesn't even surprise me.

So before Kadary won us the game against NC St in the second half. His 30 second performance in the first half was conditioning related. Not to mention the others stating him playing other minutes throughout the season.

How about this, girard averaged 33 minutes a game as a freshman. Surprised he was the same age and managed to play all that time last year. Brisset averaged 38 minutes a game his freshman year. Tyus battle 30, Richardson 34, and Lydon 30. Just examples over the last 6 years. And the best guard on our team can’t play 30 minutes because of his conditioning; convenient excuse.

I don't know which one is more hilarious, that they didn't want to upset coach or that Kadary can only play 20 minutes per game. Buddy and Joe had COVID and were still going 35.

This has become a circus.

Makes for a hell of a call in show though. JB had Matt shook at one point, he kept asking him if he knew who lead the league in 3pt defense and he wouldn't answer. Finally says quietly I know your up there and JB goes, "WERE #1. I couldn't hold back my laughter.

That sucks. Wish they would have kept you on hold and preview your question to JB during a commercial and let him decide if he wants to respond
Not a big deal. I just said I wanted to ask coach what he sees in practice that fans don’t. I thought it was a fair question but they probably didn’t want JB to get upset.

Makes for a hell of a call in show though. JB had Matt shook at one point, he kept asking him if he knew who lead the league in 3pt defense and he wouldn't answer. Finally says quietly I know your up there and JB goes, "WERE #1. I couldn't hold back my laughter.

You know it's bad when he's shaking up the company man.

Buddy's biggest graduation envelope is going to be from Wildhack.

So moving Louisville at the Dome to February 15th wouldn’t add a road game.

It just would force us to play Saturday-Monday-Wednesday with the first 2 games at home then at Louisville the 3rd game.

Does he not get this stuff can get done in a manner that wouldn’t put us on the road.

I wish Matt would ask him about playing consolation games at the ACC Tournament.
Clearly Kadary doesn't have the stamina for that sort of schedule.

See, this is just wrong. As long as people are polite, there is no reason not to put a call through. JB accepts money to take calls. They can't all be coach, love the team. You are doing a great job. By the way, I have a daughter that I would like Buddy to meet. It is possible, that Jb has an answer that all of us would say, hey, I didn't think of that after jb gave his reasons for whatever the question was. But not likely. And that is why he doesn't want to take the calls he is paid to take. Coach, why does your son play 40 minutes every game. Even against Va Tech when we had a big lead and he played the 3 at the end. That he doesn't take the questions doesn't even surprise me.

We have some real jellyfish sports guys and shows in this town.

Call from some guy in Colorado about Jessie Edwards, asked what JB wants to see for him to get on the court because he coached at IMG and Jessie was there so he must be good.

Said Edwards only played 1 semester at IMG and didn't play on the Varsity squad. Said he's not physical enough and is way behind because of his late start playing bball. Can pass and shoot but not nearly physical enough. Doesn't weigh enough and is a year away.

"Hopeful he will be ready next year to help us"
Great recruiting job then. Love that we’re taking kids who are three year projects, while we have 2 other three year projects at the same position. Fantastic use of resources and time.

How about the starting guards allowing penetration, and allowing passes into the high post so easily?

Who is that “on”?

And maybe, because we’re going to suck at rebounding no matter what if you keep playing Marek at the 5, we should try to compensate for that by trying to force more turnovers. The guard coming off the bench does that well.

If your not able to listen, Jim's on an extended 10 minute rant defending Joe and Buddy. He must have heard some rumblings because Matt Park was droning on about something else and he just went right into it.
Doubled down in defending B&B. Still not buying it, the team looks better on O and D when Kadary is in game and one of them sits. I think Joe and Kadary is the best combo

Last edited:
Not unexpected answers but make no mistake, It’s an absolute clown show.

stuff like “Joe and Buddy are top 12 in assists in the ACC” is pravda level spin

Kadary has 7 less assists than Buddy (27 to 20) in literally half his mins. Clown show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom