My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

My question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

I’m going to be honest here and I’m probably going to catch some for saying it. I’ve said it before JB is the Syracuse program, JB built the Syracuse program but I am pretty ready for him to hang it up. I would be extremely appreciative for what he has done but I would be extremely content if he hung them up after this season. He is starting to lose people, fans, alums, former players, etc...it’s hard to coach your son I’ll give him that. But after today’s Q and A with Boeheim is pretty much sealed the deal for me. Some of his answers were What worthy.
It’s so beyond obvious that Kadary needs to play more and he is using the condition excuse to cover for Girard and Boeheim. Literally our hall of fame coach is holding us back from being a better team by covering his son and Girards ass. Kadary quite honestly might be the best all around player on this team but says he’s not conditioned enough? Give me a break, he played 30 seconds in one half because he wasn’t conditioned enough...??? But Buddy and Girard play 35 minutes after getting covid and are our least efficient players Adios. Love JB and what he’s done for this program but he’s lost me after the last few seasons. I’ve been ready for change since the year Hop left. Should have been his. I wholeheartedly think it’s best for the program if JB retires after this season. Best for JB’s legacy, this current team and the future of the program.

Ron from Rochester called in with a convoluted question about some radio guy and him stating that we should be starting Kadary and sitting Girard. Coach gave a long non-answer but ended with "Joe Girard is not playing that bad, thats what people are not getting"

Braswell wasn't play bad. It all comes down to practice.

Tell me how Joe's practicing - that's all I care aboot!

They seem pretty desperate for calls, poor Steve sounded like he had tuberculosis for the first 30 seconds of his call and they hung with it. Matt also keeps noting phone lines are open.

I'd just had a bit of what I was drinking go down the wrong way while I was on hold during the commercial and wasn't fully recovered yet. I'm fine.

I didn’t lie and my question was respectful. Screener said they didn’t want to upset Coach.

I send in my question ahead of time but the screener always asks me what I want to ask about, suggesting that he hasn't seen it, (although Matt usually knows what I'm going to ask). Tonight I told him "defending big men" and he put me right through. I aware that my experience might not be the same as a new caller. But the calls from Ron and Josh make it seem like the screener is willing to let questions that might upset the coach go through.

I have listened to the show on and off throughout the years. He usually sounds aloof, disinterested, half asleep and like it is the last place in the world he wants to be, which is unfortunate because he is getting paid to do it. He should at least pretend to be interested because of that and for the sake of the poor souls who listen.He sounded more engaged tonight. He spewed all these stats tonight about how we were 1st or 2nd in the conference on this and that and stats on how effective Buddy and Joe are on O and D. But one stat he didn't give: We are tied for 9th in the conference and not in the NCAAs. No amount of cooking the books will fix that.

I wonder if the committee will look at any of those stats or just at the W-L record. leading the ACC in things like assists, steals, three point defense, blocks, etc. sounds rather impressive but I suppose they will want us to win games, too.

I'm saving that, (If I decide to ask it), for the last show of the season.

I'm hoping Bourama begins his comeback Saturday and we can look at the minutes of Marek, Quincy, Alan and Buddy and see whose minutes go down. That's four essential plays who can play three positions when Bourama is at center. Something's got to give. I think we'll wind up talking about: Can Alan play the 2 in a zone? if he can, shouldn't he at that spot?

(There has been no articles giving details of this year’s Jim Boeheim show. I had to call into the radio station to find out that the first show will be tonight. I’ll assume there has been no changes since last year. No schedule had been posted but the show is usually on a Thursday unless there is a game or a holiday that night.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show will likely start out on Zoom and not be at a local restaurant. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which usually begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | Live News, Sports, Music, and Podcasts

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, against us Keve Aluma was 1 for 10 from the field, had 2 points and 4 rebounds and was in foul trouble the whole game. Against Virginia’s Jay Huff, Aluma was 10 for 15 from the field, scored 29 and grabbed 10 rebounds. What did we do to give Aluma such problems and is that something we could do to otheI saw

I saw your comment about wondering if we still needed you. Wasn't sure if you were serious. I don't always like a post even if I do. Just wanted to say I read these every week. Live out of town and enjoy your write ups all season for years. Thank you

Last edited:
I wish Kadary was even getting the 20 MPG JB says he is getting.
544C7815-EB78-4106-9E8D-AFD919538809.jpeg

Kadary has played 312 minutes this year.
The games Buddy missed he played 103 minutes or 34.3 MPG
The games Buddy has played he has played 209 minutes or 17.4 MPG.

Again JB thinks we can’t do this simple math.
17.4 MPG with Buddy not out for Covid protocol is not 20 MPG.

Kadary does not play enough.

Attachments

• E63BCF9A-C1F1-400C-942A-18AC07F1E2AB.jpeg
    E63BCF9A-C1F1-400C-942A-18AC07F1E2AB.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I’m going to be honest here and I’m probably going to catch some for saying it. I’ve said it before JB is the Syracuse program, JB built the Syracuse program but I am pretty ready for him to hang it up. I would be extremely appreciative for what he has done but I would be extremely content if he hung them up after this season. He is starting to lose people, fans, alums, former players, etc...it’s hard to coach your son I’ll give him that. But after today’s Q and A with Boeheim is pretty much sealed the deal for me. Some of his answers were What worthy.
It’s so beyond obvious that Kadary needs to play more and he is using the condition excuse to cover for Girard and Boeheim. Literally our hall of fame coach is holding us back from being a better team by covering his son and Girards ass. Kadary quite honestly might be the best all around player on this team but says he’s not conditioned enough? Give me a break, he played 30 seconds in one half because he wasn’t conditioned enough...??? But Buddy and Girard play 35 minutes after getting covid and are our least efficient players Adios. Love JB and what he’s done for this program but he’s lost me after the last few seasons. I’ve been ready for change since the year Hop left. Should have been his. I wholeheartedly think it’s best for the program if JB retires after this season. Best for JB’s legacy, this current team and the future of the program.
One of the decisions parents make is coaching their kids. Its impossible to treat them fairly. Some are too hard on their kids others soft. In hindsight it probably would have been better if Buddy would have followed his brothers lead and gone away to school.
Take Buddy off the team and these issues dont exist. Granted SU would miss him as he is a very good player. I hope Jim wakes up before he really screws up and has Kadary transfer out.

You won’t catch any flack because I think most of us wholeheartedly agree with you. Great post, my thoughts exactly. He’s contradicting himself and getting caught in his own lies to protect Buddy and Joe. He always said “college kids don’t get tired, especially with TV timeouts”, yet now conveniently it’s an issue because it affects his son’s playing time. Utterly ridiculous. Like you said, I will always appreciate what he has done for this program, but it’s time.

Could JB be using the Kadary conditioning as a means too keep Buddy but more specifically Joe G in the starting lineup and maintain their minutes. Jb is smart he knows the media and fan game in this town. Btw we should probably be careful what we write on this board and others and what we call up local radio on cause JB said has hinted at past pressers he knows what gets said on message boards and he listens to the local radio shows. He has called into Axe show a couple times when something has been said he doesn't agree with or like.

Could JB be using the Kadary conditioning as a means too keep Buddy but more specifically Joe G in the starting lineup and maintain their minutes. Jb is smart he knows the media and fan game in this town. Btw we should probably be careful what we write on this board and others and what we call up local radio on cause JB said has hinted at past pressers he knows what gets said on message boards and he listens to the local radio shows. He has called into Axe show a couple times when something has been said he doesn't agree with or like.

Why should we be careful? Lol

The funniest thing I find in these threads are that people are afraid of picking up a phone and asking a question to somebody. The person on the other end of the line is human, but just knows way more about basketball than we do.

I think one problem we have is thinking an athletics coach, or any celebrity for that matter, has more power than he does. What is JB going to do if people on here say things he doesn't like, ground us? Put us in time out?

Wow. This is getting to the point of wondering when someone will cut the audio like yanking somebody off the stage. JB is all over the map.
Kinda like when they cut comms on Bobby Bowdens headset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom