My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

I just relistened can’t believe how much Pat was actually on JB’s mind.
Like wow shocked. One of the greatest college basketball coaches of alltime actually cared that much what fan “Pat” said.
I bet it had to do with his opinion on Buddy but still man. That was unexpected.
It's just crazy. He should just ignore it. I think the reason it bothers him so much is he knows there is something to it. JB is coaching like he wants it to be. Not as it is. Look, we can still finish pretty strong. This still could turn out to be a decent season. It amazes me that he is letting something fans say bother me.

JB was on his heels a bit all night. granted he did take responsibility for the programs failures and then repeatedly pointed out that we fans are too dumb to understand the complexities of coaching decisions.

He also said the 3 guards are in the game "a little bit and not much" when Buddy slides to the 3. It seems there have been games when the 3 guards have been in the game alot together.

He was pissed at you by name though.

Then was kinda pissed at Axe for not correcting you which is kinda nuts. You are a fan with an opinion even if you said that it’s completely subjective.

Are you going to call him next week after he called you out and said you won’t call him anymore.
I won’t call him anymore because I can’t stand Matt Park or Paulie. I am not a basher I’m just trying to figure it out

getting thru is easy. i've actually made pity calls with softball questions when things were slow.

One thing I remember now JB said to me was he doesn’t sit the shooters because he doesn’t know if they will go off at any time.
Citing he watched Steph Curry miss 6 shots in a row to start a game and then finished making 7 shots in a row.
He thinks Joe and Buddy are elite shooters even if the numbers don’t suggest it.

It's just crazy. He should just ignore it. I think the reason it bothers him so much is he knows there is something to it. JB is coaching like he wants it to be. Not as it is. Look, we can still finish pretty strong. This still could turn out to be a decent season. It amazes me that he is letting something fans say bother me.
Guys when I went back and looked I couldn’t believe how bad buddys plus minus is for offense box score and of course for defensive but literally you can’t find a starter that played over 20 minutes with the worst rating it’s crazy

So who thinks
  • I should’ve called
  • and who thinks if you were me you would’ve called
Yeah he wants to spar with you.

Unless you have the goods ready to cite and they actually let you go back and forth I wouldn’t call.
Like at the beginning of the call say coach are we going to get a chance to respond to each other or are you just wanting to vent on me.

One thing I remember now JB said to me was he doesn’t sit the shooters because he doesn’t know if they will go off at any time.
Citing he watched Steph Curry miss 6 shots in a row to start a game and then finished making 7 shots in a row.
He thinks Joe and Buddy are elite shooters even if the numbers don’t suggest it.
He remembers what he wants! we used to talk matchups every game on his show about the next game and very rarely did I come up with outlandish theories because why would I bother on his show to do that I might’ve done it like twice a year

He remembers what he wants! we used to talk matchups every game on his show about the next game and very rarely did I come up with outlandish theories because why would I bother on his show to do that I might’ve done it like twice a year

You definitely should call in next week. Nothing wrong with a respectful ack and forth and your clearly someone on his mind.

You called in? Oh please give a play by play of this.
SWC I am sure will have it more accurately.
I gave about a minute statement to JB. He listened. It was respectful.
He wasn’t upset at what I said but he shifted to his beliefs. He doesn’t like defensive metrics for the zone because he doesn’t believe they are accurate. THen he said he leaves shooters in because he doesn’t know when they get hot.
I couldn’t get my follow up in and then went to commercial.
Because I wasn’t rude or putting him on the defense I was given a chance to make my comment.
It was fair and I while I disagree with what JB said I am glad he didn’t get upset.

Now he was ready to pile on Pat.

I was going to drop a line like your biggest fan Hulk always has your back but I didn’t get to it.

Josh In Boulder back again tonight - Starts rambling about the weather and then asks a qustion about Marek shooting 3s after Wes Durham and Corey Alexander brought up his %s from previous years. Matt and JB screw up the zoom and can't get the mute off. JB says he doesn't make em anymore after changing his shot, says hes smarter then the announcers.

I'm trying to imagine JB with a cat filter.

Matt apologizes unable to get to emailed questions, says they were wordy.

JB says BC will have all of there scholarship guys back on Sat and that they have played very well at times this year. Says SU is going to try and keep getting better. JB says they will get in another game in early March where there is currently an opening. Matt tries to ask if it can be an OOC game, JB says No. Show ends with the fight song playing as Matt trails off.

Did he say 'wordy or 'worthy?

He was pissed at you by name though.

Then was kinda pissed at Axe for not correcting you which is kinda nuts. You are a fan with an opinion even if you said that it’s completely subjective.

Are you going to call him next week after he called you out and said you won’t call him anymore.

I love listening to Pat's calls. he's got so much enthusiasm, even if I have to turn down the volume a tad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom