My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

I just relistened can’t believe how much Pat was actually on JB’s mind.
Like wow shocked. One of the greatest college basketball coaches of alltime actually cared that much what fan “Pat” said.
I bet it had to do with his opinion on Buddy but still man. That was unexpected.

At least he answered the 'nepotism' question Cuserunner wanted. Now I don't have to ask it.

you should call Pat
He made excuses about the defense and how it’s hard to calculate in zone. Well everybody’s got the same criteria and advantage and disadvantage and buddy offense is also the lowest in the history of any starter! it’s a fact it is not an opinion!

JB was on his heels a bit all night. granted he did take responsibility for the programs failures and then repeatedly pointed out that we fans are too dumb to understand the complexities of coaching decisions.

Aren't we?

SWC I am sure will have it more accurately.
I gave about a minute statement to JB. He listened. It was respectful.
He wasn’t upset at what I said but he shifted to his beliefs. He doesn’t like defensive metrics for the zone because he doesn’t believe they are accurate. THen he said he leaves shooters in because he doesn’t know when they get hot.
I couldn’t get my follow up in and then went to commercial.
Because I wasn’t rude or putting him on the defense I was given a chance to make my comment.
It was fair and I while I disagree with what JB said I am glad he didn’t get upset.

Now he was ready to pile on Pat.

I was going to drop a line like your biggest fan Hulk always has your back but I didn’t get to it.

He really did answer the questions we were able to ask. he just didn't spend a lot of time on them before he went off again.

He made excuses about the defense and how it’s hard to calculate in zone. Well everybody’s got the same criteria and advantage and disadvantage and buddy offense is also the lowest in the history of any starter! it’s a fact it is not an opinion!

Maybe it's hard for opposing coaches to figure out who is responsible for what in a zone, too?

He really did answer the questions we were able to ask. he just didn't spend a lot of time on them before he went off again.
Yeah he pivoted on my question. He gave answer that was fine but if the numbers backed what he thought I think he would agree with them.

I also think when he acknowledged the regular season struggles and put it on him he understood the pulse of the fanbase. Which I said I didn’t think he understood. The frustration in the fanbase isn’t this season. It’s 7 regular seasons in a row.

RE: his comment about leaving shooters in cause they might get hot, if a guard is ice cold during a game then why not focus on playing guys who can create turnovers that lead to easy transition points? Or focus on winning the game through defense/slow ball?
He would say because it frees up Marek and Quincy inside.
That was his answer to me.

The best part of the Boeheim interview was afterwards when the rodeo clowns came out and helped Brent out of the arena.

Last edited:
He would say because it frees up Marek and Quincy inside.
That was his answer to me.

But teams would be focusing extra attention on those guys anyway if Buddy/JG3 aren't shooting well.

Says the last 10 years we have been down in the regular season for the last 10 years or so but they got through it. Dismissed fans who said "your just getting into the tournament". " Were happy to get in"

Says Barama was on the verge of a big year before he got hurt. "We don't have anyone else at center" John Bol has been better in practice.

Is real fired up about the final four, I am assuming someone send it was a fluke. Keeps coming back to it. Talking about some guy named Pat who used to call in all the time about who should play, know he doesn't call in anymore.

Says Griffin can't play the 2 because he doesn't know the rotations, barely knows the forward rotations. Says Dean Smith never played a first or second year player at 2 positions.

Talks about Joe and Marek being able to play two positions. Says the 3 and the 2 are different.
Doesn’t Buddy play the 3 & 2?

Doesn’t Buddy play the 3 & 2?

I thought the se thing when I heard it. I assume his answer would be that this is Buddy's 3rd year in the system.

The best part of the Beoheim interview was afterwards when the rodeo clowns came out and helped Brent out of the arena.

I listened to the entire interview with JB. A few thoughts - his speech sounded different to me than in the past, almost kind of slurred for lack of a better description. JB is a great coach and I appreciate all that he has done for Syracuse hoops but he needs to pay less attention to the media and fan opinions. Wayyy too thin skinned about that stuff. Just not worth it. I don't like when he makes negative comments about one player to rationalize why he plays another player. That just ain't right.

I do agree with his comments about how they could easily fit 6K fans in the Dome and comfortably socially distance. That policy is complete madness and makes zero sense.

It's just crazy. He should just ignore it. I think the reason it bothers him so much is he knows there is something to it. JB is coaching like he wants it to be. Not as it is. Look, we can still finish pretty strong. This still could turn out to be a decent season. It amazes me that he is letting something fans say bother me.
100 percent agree. Especially on coaching as he wants it to be. I was really hoping that we could have a really good year and make a deep run and then Boeheim could go out that way but I have realized over the last few years that isn't possible. There is only one way this ends sadly.

I listened to the entire interview with JB. A few thoughts - his speech sounded different to me than in the past, almost kind of slurred for lack of a better description. JB is a great coach and I appreciate all that he has done for Syracuse hoops but he needs to pay less attention to the media and fan opinions. Wayyy too thin skinned about that stuff. Just not worth it. I don't like when he makes negative comments about one player to rationalize why he plays another player. That just ain't right.

I do agree with his comments about how they could easily fit 6K fans in the Dome and comfortably socially distance. That policy is complete madness and makes zero sense.
I noticed the speech also. It was slurred.

JB sounded tired, p---ed and sadly more like a Dad than a coach. Since Buddy got here some of us said and most of us knew that this wasn't going to end well, and I haven't changed on that, though now I am less concerned about wins and losses as I am about the man's physical and mental well being.

JB sounded tired, p---ed and sadly more like a Dad than a coach. Since Buddy got here some of us said and most of us knew that this wasn't going to end well, and I haven't changed on that, though now I am less concerned about wins and losses as I am about the man's physical and mental well being.
I'm more concerned about the health of the program. If JB wants to crater his own health that's his own doing.

Yeah he pivoted on my question. He gave answer that was fine but if the numbers backed what he thought I think he would agree with them.

I also think when he acknowledged the regular season struggles and put it on him he understood the pulse of the fanbase. Which I said I didn’t think he understood. The frustration in the fanbase isn’t this season. It’s 7 regular seasons in a row.

He did comment on "the last 10 years", by which I think he meant 2015 onward, (or maybe that other Boston College game).

But teams would be focusing extra attention on those guys anyway if Buddy/JG3 aren't shooting well.

One question I was going to ask Dino Babers next fall about those runs up the middle and those sideline pass: does an unsuccessful play set up a successful play, or do you have to have a successful play to set up the successful play? Do we need to be getting 4-5 yards a crack on the runs up the middle to set up the passes? Do the passes have to be getting first downs to set up the runs? Do Buddy and Joe have to be hitting three pointers to open up the middle? Will a defense shift to cover something if they are already stopping it?

I thought he sounded weird on Axe show, normal on Park's show.

He was more conciliatory at the end of both. I think he ran out of emotional energy and realized he may have gone a bit too far. The only word I heard that he had a problem with was 'anomaly'.

1 hour 8 min mark
Did he really claim credit for winning the 2nd half at Clemson? Does he think the ACC is actually the CBA in the 1980s and SU was playing the Albany Patroons? We get 1 point in the standings for winning the half?

He is grasping at straws. In all seriousness, we never threatened to make it a game in the second half - that proves absolutely noting.

He was more conciliatory at the end of both. I think he ran out of emotional energy and realized he may have gone a bit too far. The only word I heard that he had a problem with was 'anomaly'.
How about Chuwku

Did he really claim credit for winning the 2nd half at Clemson? Does he think the ACC is actually the CBA in the 1980s and SU was playing the Albany Patroons? We get 1 point in the standings for winning the half?

He is grasping at straws. In all seriousness, we never threatened to make it a game in the second half - that proves absolutely noting.
His point about winning the second half was the team didn’t quit.
I don’t know who said the team has quit.
That isn’t a criticism I would give this team.

He was saying if the team quit they wouldn’t have won the second half against Clemson after being down 20.

JB needs to stop caring what the fans think. He is his own worst enemy when he just creates strawmen arguments.

Like I made a point to tell him nobody wants Kadary playing 40
Minutes. I said just 30 is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom