My thoughts on the upcoming season | Syracusefan.com

My thoughts on the upcoming season

i've never been less excited about a Syracuse football season since I matriculated. Even the nadir of GERG there was a twinkle of optimism for even the first few games that maybe it could turn around.

My contention with this season is if it happens, what is the end game? Feel like it's a season to play but don't feel like it's a season where any team can achieve and reach lofty goals.

If we lose every game this year or go .500 i'm not going to lose much sleep over it. If we go undefeated it'll be written off as a fluke year.

I'll be excited when life goes back to normal and Syracuse sports are a fun thing to watch while i'm not worrying about life, kids, job, etc.

I see some game times were released. I realized this is the first time in probably 40 years that I don’t have the schedule in my calendar.

Nah. I'm just in it for the clicks.
You guys are depressing. I'm not expecting much from this season, particularly due to the schedule. But I have to say that if this team somehow, some way, gets above .500, it will have a positive affect on recruiting. At least we can cheer for that. And if we don't get there? Then I'll have had some fun watching some games and seeing what the future might hold

You guys are depressing. I'm not expecting much from this season, particularly due to the schedule. But I have to say that if this team somehow, some way, gets above .500, it will have a positive affect on recruiting. At least we can cheer for that. And if we don't get there? Then I'll have had some fun watching some games and seeing what the future might hold
Agree...very, very depressing. I am looking forward to kick-off at 12 pm on September 12th!

Efffff that. I'm pumped. Life has been not great, to say the least, the last seven months and I cannot wait to have 'Cuse football back in my life every week.

It's not the season we would all want but college football Saturdays are A1 and I'll take whatever form of them I can get at this point.

I'll watch and care, don't get me wrong.

But this season isn't going to have that feeling at Noon when Game Day ends and coverage of the first game starts with the crowd already hyped for kick off and you know the next 12 hours are full of endless possibility.

It's Cuse being part of a ritual, not Cuse by itself.

I'm pretty jacked, as I love seeing the development and new kids emerge. I used to love the spring scrimmage for the same reason. To get a look at the kids and hoping for that wow moment from one of them.

I watched HS football last night and the kids (and coaches) were playing their butts off. Kids need sports.

I'm pretty jacked, as I love seeing the development and new kids emerge. I used to love the spring scrimmage for the same reason. To get a look at the kids and hoping for that wow moment from one of them.

I watched HS football last night and the kids (and coaches) were playing their butts off. Kids need sports.
And sports need kids

I think we’re all struggling to varying degrees. I am about as hardcore as it gets and it doesn’t feel normal by any means this year. I think the first time Syracuse scores a td, we’ll all be back “in” a little bit more and the juices will start flowing.

Efffff that. I'm pumped. Life has been not great, to say the least, the last seven months and I cannot wait to have 'Cuse football back in my life every week.

It's not the season we would all want but college football Saturdays are A1 and I'll take whatever form of them I can get at this point.
Oh I’m pumped as well. I’m just not putting much of anything into results

I have missed 5 home games in 20 years as a season ticket holder and probably not going to one this year, that was kind of taking the wind out of my sales for the upcoming year, but then I remembered there will still be a spread and it can be gambled on so I’m back!!!!

I totally agree on development and the emergence of new players. FWIW, during this crazy year, I will personally be looking at each game as an individual spring scrimmage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom