Naes Howard | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

I'm sure "mis-directed anger", "self-loathing", and "delusional" or something to that effect will be in the psych report.
Let's hope this guy isn't the Anger Management therapist -
images

This kid sounds and seems pretty dumb, and said flat out that he's not interested in school and that it "makes his head hurt". How did he even get in?
Hence the friction with his tutors. The staff saw this coming:
Truck_tips_crushes.gif

have to imagine security on south campus has been beefed up. shame it has come this far.

I'm sure "mis-directed anger", "self-loathing", and "delusional" or something to that effect will be in the psych report.

That would seem to be an accurate assessment.

Yah, saw that coming. By all means, though ... let him out on bond!!
Unreal. Well, surely no sane person would try to murder his teammate who he blames for all his failures. Even trying to kill Corey in the process. He has got to be nuts. But he is over it now, and he'll patiently wait until we either confirm it, or give him an opportunity to claim "temporary insanity" anyway. Nothing to see here.

Unreal. Well, surely no sane person would try to murder his teammate who he blames for all his failures. Even trying to kill Corey in the process. He has got to be nuts. But he is over it now, and he'll patiently wait until we either confirm it, or give him an opportunity to claim "temporary insanity" anyway. Nothing to see here.
I'm surprised with how many people in this thread don't understand how our justice system works.

I'm surprised with how many people in this thread don't understand how our justice system works.
You mean poorly right? or stupidly? or incompetently? It sure as heck is not efficient nor does it protect the innocent public, which should be its main function. For those who do not commit crimes, it may more aptly be called the injustice system.

I remember an incident where hoops player Anthony Edwards was kicked out of Sutters I think it was and he got in a fight with the bouncers. He and some of his teammates came back and roughed up the bouncer, damaged his car with hammers and such, and threatened he and others with a duffel bag similar to the one seen in "Falling Down" if you get my reference. I know some of that made the papers, and I know that Edwards' nickname was "Nut" after that. Some of the players come from some pretty messed up and scary backgrounds too. Seems Howard may have been one.

I remember an incident where hoops player Anthony Edwards was kicked out of Sutters I think it was and he got in a fight with the bouncers. He and some of his teammates came back and roughed up the bouncer, damaged his car with hammers and such, and threatened he and others with a duffel bag similar to the one seen in "Falling Down" if you get my reference. I know some of that made the papers, and I know that Edwards' nickname was "Nut" after that. Some of the players come from some pretty messed up and scary backgrounds too. Seems Howard may have been one.

I was at Sutters the night that Mike Edwards got his ass kicked and thrown out of Sutters. I was friends with the bouncers and it didn't happen anywhere near the way you describe. Edwards got thrown out, came back in and tore his shirt off and threatened some bouncers, they grabbed him and opened both front doors of Sutters with his head like a battering ram and tossed him into the alley. He cam back with a few other friends, damaged a bunch of cars behind the bar, some threats were made, Police were called, nobody was arrested and Sutters was shut down shortly after that. Those kids were not in the same league as the gang members that this city is dealing with now, they were amateurs compared to these kids now.

I was also there the night Adrian Autry got his behind kicked by a bouncer at Sutters twice in the Alley about 5 min apart. Rest of the basketball team just watched including LeRon Ellis. The bouncer friend of mine he picked a fight with was an all OHSL super heavyweight wrestling champ. Most lopsided fight I have ever seen.

Sutters was so much fun back then.

I was at Sutters the night that Mike Edwards got his ass kicked and thrown out of Sutters. I was friends with the bouncers and it didn't happen anywhere near the way you describe. Edwards got thrown out, came back in and tore his shirt off and threatened some bouncers, they grabbed him and opened both front doors of Sutters with his head like a battering ram and tossed him into the alley. He cam back with a few other friends, damaged a bunch of cars behind the bar, some threats were made, Police were called, nobody was arrested and Sutters was shut down shortly after that. Those kids were not in the same league as the gang members that this city is dealing with now, they were amateurs compared to these kids now.

I was also there the night Adrian Autry got his behind kicked by a bouncer at Sutters twice in the Alley about 5 min apart. Rest of the basketball team just watched including LeRon Ellis. The bouncer friend of mine he picked a fight with was an all OHSL super heavyweight wrestling champ. Most lopsided fight I have ever seen.

Sutters was so much fun back then.
DC must have been gone by then.

It was 93

Michael Edwards and Anthony Harris along with four other players

Harris had huge potential never realized here but excelled at Hawaii

CuseOnly said:
I was at Sutters the night that Mike Edwards got his ass kicked and thrown out of Sutters. I was friends with the bouncers and it didn't happen anywhere near the way you describe. Edwards got thrown out, came back in and tore his shirt off and threatened some bouncers, they grabbed him and opened both front doors of Sutters with his head like a battering ram and tossed him into the alley. He cam back with a few other friends, damaged a bunch of cars behind the bar, some threats were made, Police were called, nobody was arrested and Sutters was shut down shortly after that. Those kids were not in the same league as the gang members that this city is dealing with now, they were amateurs compared to these kids now. I was also there the night Adrian Autry got his behind kicked by a bouncer at Sutters twice in the Alley about 5 min apart. Rest of the basketball team just watched including LeRon Ellis. The bouncer friend of mine he picked a fight with was an all OHSL super heavyweight wrestling champ. Most lopsided fight I have ever seen. Sutters was so much fun back then.

Wrestlers > basketball players when it comes to brawls. Not close.

http://articles.courant.com/1993-01-17/sports/0000107182_1_bouncer-conrad-mcrae-adrian-autry

Stumbled across this looking into something else regarding Sutter's.

I don't remember Bishop getting charged with anything or anyone else but I do remember Edwards getting suspended.

Great find.

There were a few incidents up there when I was hanging out that were way more dangerous that this one but not many of them were more publicized than this one.

There was a bouncer up there, huge guy with dreads can't remember his name that got shot in the thigh and the bullet broke his femur.

Another friend got stabbed in the back about 5 times and afterwards beat the daylights out of the kid that stabbed him.

Can't remember what year it was but there was about 20 BC students outside Sutters Front doors in the alley after a football game they won chanting "We are BC". Chant leader was standing on the guard rails that were out front. Needless to say, they didn't make it much farther than where they were standing, only difference was that they were now sleeping in the alley. Folks at Sutters didn't like that chanting very much.

Tons of stories, way more fun than now days.

I miss Sutter's Mill. Good times gettin' tossed out those doors and then heading downstairs to Chuck's.

Yep, DC had a black belt in street fighting. Fearless and didn't care if he took one to land one.

I'll never forget the bench-clearer against Cornell. He came off the bench and cleaned house:
Oh my goodness, DC is the best

Moose Johmston knew how to do some damage as well. So much so, that he branched out to Ithaca on occasion.