Naes Howard | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

I have heard of nothing and Naes showed up alone with no back up.Naes is a wanna bee and the most that will happen is the University will lose a low level drug dealer according to some chatter. He is singing like a canary now.
Dumb ass will have a hard time behind bars!!

Many jailers are big Orange fans and Naes might want to remove his shoe laces when going down the stairs handcuffed from behind.
They take your shoelaces when you get booked along with your belt and any strings that might be in your hoodie. I am sure he might stumble some down the stairs in any case.

They take your shoelaces when you get booked along with your belt and any strings that might be in your hoodie. I am sure he might stumble some down the stairs in any case.
ummmm. I know that and I know a little something else that will not come out.

As per the previous discussion on this board, Bailey reports: "Babers instructed his players not to wear any Syracuse football clothing out in public places and not to travel alone as associates of Howard may be looking for them, sources said."

Law enforcement has to have a serious conversation with these so-called "associates" and advise them is would not be a good career move to spend time cruising around South Campus.

Anyone else have an issue with the PS reporter speaking with Howard 8 days before the incident?

How is this kid still a story? He got thrown off two teams, has been in trouble with the law multiple times, etc.

I understand he's a local kid that was supposedly trying to get back on the team, but if the reporter had done his due diligence and understood the potential ramifications of rehashing all of this stuff (spoken with the previous coaching staff, other members of the media, etc.), perhaps he understands the kid is a lunatic and doesn't do the interview.

And perhaps the plot to find these two kids and attempt to do permanent harm would not have happened. I'm really curious why they would run with this and have the 2-hour interview. Howard likely wanted to bring more attention to himself, but the reporter can politely decline or not answer.

Anyone else have an issue with the PS reporter speaking with Howard 8 days before the incident?

How is this kid still a story? He got thrown off two teams, has been in trouble with the law multiple times, etc.

I understand he's a local kid that was supposedly trying to get back on the team, but if the reporter had done his due diligence and understood the potential ramifications of rehashing all of this stuff (spoken with the previous coaching staff, other members of the media, etc.), perhaps he understands the kid is a lunatic and doesn't do the interview.

And perhaps the plot to find these two kids and attempt to do permanent harm would not have happened. I'm really curious why they would run with this and have the 2-hour interview. Howard likely wanted to bring more attention to himself, but the reporter can politely decline or not answer.
oh for crying out loud. You are blaming the reporter for this?

To answer your question - no, I do not have an issue with the PS reporter speaking to Howard. Anyone who would have a problem has a seriously twisted understanding of culpability and causation.

There's a numerous amount of ballers that this city has produced. [Dorsey Levens, Mike Hart, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Latavius Murray,etc.] It takes cojones to leave your comfort zone and become a man. Really wish Naes committed elsewhere and became another team's problem. Maybe he would have gotten sh#t together.

As a townie who grew up on the south side, this sickens me. Growing up in Syracuse we would see players at the barbershop, the club, the mall and sometimes at the park balling, shout out to "General Douglas." They were viewed as celebrities to us.

This should never happen here. We should use this incident to reinforce the relationship the University has with the city. Many of the players on the team come from the same socioeconomic status of some of the young in our inner city. They've encountered each and every problem that these kids deal with today.

I think having the players going to city high schools speaking to kids about hard work, the adversity they've faced and how they overcame it might be empowering. Conrad McNasty and Shelby Hill's visit to my class in high school was memorable and helped solidify my love for the Cuse.

I'm positive that the city has the team's back.

As of 2015 12 known gangs with 1,317 identified members in the city of Syracuse. Time to bring in the National Guard and round them all up! Give them all "something to remember."

How would you figure out who is in a gang and who wasn't? Would you contact the gang's HR department to have them provide you a personnel contact list?

oh for crying out loud. You are blaming the reporter for this?

To answer your question - no, I do not have an issue with the PS reporter speaking to Howard. Anyone who would have a problem has a seriously twisted understanding of culpability and causation.

I never said that the reporter was to blame. Just saying it should have been fully vetted before rewarding someone that did not deserve it an interview request.

Former local HS football star returns to University to try to win his spot back on the roster. Why was he kicked off the first time? Why didn't it work out at Wagner? What has the reception been like with former teammates and the new HC? Etc...

That sounds like an article i'd be interested in reading. I see no issues with Mink reporting on it.

Last edited:
Former local HS football star returns to University to try to win his spot back on the roster. Why was he kicked off the first time? Why didn't it work out at Wagner? What has the reception been like with former teammates and the new HC? Etc...

That sounds like an article i'd be interested in reading. I see no issues with Mink reporting on it.

Fair enough. Sure I'm in the minority with this one, which is fine. Just think you have to be careful with certain subjects and do a little extra legwork before accepting.

I never said that the reporter was to blame. Just saying it should have been fully vetted before rewarding someone that did not deserve it an interview request.
The interview wasn't published until after the incident, when it became timely. We don't know what the original plan was - maybe they were going to talk to ex-coaches to further flesh it out, hold it until the fall in case he made it back onto the team (or not), or they might have decided it wasn't print-worthy after talking with him.

the mere fact that you conceive of an interview with a reporter as a "reward" and linking it to whether or not it is deserved shows a deep misunderstanding of the press and its role in society. A reporter's job is to seek out news of interest to the readership. As Whitey points up upthread, the story of Howard has legitimate local interest.

How would you figure out who is in a gang and who wasn't? Would you contact the gang's HR department to have them provide you a personnel contact list?

Tattoos sometimes and claims of allegiance or membership are the two most common ways from what I've been told (as to how they are "known")

Observation.....good police work. Informants and more informants. Meta data communications>narrowed>isolated to individual comm. Lots of ways with tech. Big Brother is always watching/listening 24/7. Lots of little local brothers getting in on the act.

the mere fact that you conceive of an interview with a reporter as a "reward" and linking it to whether or not it is deserved shows a deep misunderstanding of the press and its role in society. A reporter's job is to seek out news of interest to the readership. As Whitey points up upthread, the story of Howard has legitimate local interest.

Howard requested the interview.

Sounds like we're dealing with a group of rational people here.

Chicos-Bail-Bonds.jpg