Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

Negativity? Our most proven player is Benny freaking Williams.

We can be good, may be a year away, but at the end of the day we lost our three best players and didn’t replace them with even a quarter of their production.

Are we on the right path? Absolutely. Are we a bubble team at best? Don’t see how we’re not. Why is that negative?
I believe Joe has been replaced especially if they're aiming to be more uptempo and guard straight up. Jesse and Judah are going to be hard to replace. Not high on this addition.

I believe Joe has been replaced especially if they're aiming to be more uptempo and guard straight up. Jesse and Judah are going to be hard to replace. Not high on this addition.
Could look at Chance/JJ to be the Judah/Joe replacements? And Copeland the Torrence replacement - sure he was on the team but he didn’t play any PG…and didn’t really play much at all.

McCloud looks like a bigger, more athletic Chukwu? Which…is nothing to jump for joy about, but it’s also not a bad thing. If that is indeed what he proves to be and that fits well with the rest of the team, that could be a very good thing?

I think the make up of this team is going to be better. Man for Man Jesse and Judah are very good players but our team was an odd assortment of skills last year that really never fit. I believe this years team is going to play better together and will win more games. I know this sounds crazy but im not worried about replacing Joe at all and Jesse didnt do well against the more physical players. Red seems to be heading in a direction of a much more physical downhill type of team which i like. Time will tell.
As a famous coach once said, “I’m not looking for the best players. I’m looking for the right players”

Every time there is a Subaru driving like an idiot I always say “goddamnit V T, get it together pal”, I then chuckle for a couple seconds to myself and go on with my day. It’s the little things that make life so enjoyable.
I can totally picture that. And you’ve got the Mohawk going in my mind

In addition to the one you 100% already have?
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

He had a very good game against a wretched defense. He was also one of the ACC centers Jesse had a great game against. As soon as we dropped the zone back further McLeod was shut down.

What does Jesse’s improvement have to do with Mcleods possible improvement? Absolutely nothing, players don’t automatically get better, I can make a pretty good list of guys who just don’t, probably as long as of a list of guys that do. It’s irrelevant what Jesse did in year two when it comes to McLeod.
when we 'dropped the zone back' how did FSU shoot from 3 after that? I honestly dont remember.

They better be better. We weren’t even close to an NCAA team last year. If those two aren’t better, then we are in trouble
Agreed.

Jesse boned us, may not be a better option, but because we picked him up doesn’t mean he’s better than he is. Read the thread, you’d think he was an all ACC guy, he’ll, someone said they prefer him over Dickinson.
he still played four years. I wouldn't call that "boned".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom