Nate Oats to Alabama | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats to Alabama

My feeling...if we keep recruiting like this and have a couple big seasons on the court, I’d feel good about turning it over to Red.

We keep going 18-14 every year, and I want the outside hire.
Even if we don't

Does ANY other program name a Coach in Waiting, EVER???
NO.

Yes. Jimbo Fisher was football coach in waiting at FSU when Bobby Bowden was HC. He did become HC and won a championship, Bowden was forced to decide between his contract not bring renewed or become "coach in name only" or "ambassador coach" wasn't a graceful exit for Bowden.

Yes. Jimbo Fisher was football coach in waiting at FSU when Bobby Bowden was HC. He did become HC and won a championship, Bowden was forced to decide between his contract not bring renewed or become "coach in name only" or "ambassador coach" wasn't a graceful exit for Bowden.

Muschamp at texas... didnt work out
Holgersin ar wvu... worked out

Think key is you gotta actually commit to pushing the coach out the door when the time comes.

Oats is a real deal recruiter. Getting a football recruit to Bama is one thing. But basketball. I mean wow. And no this isn’t a “bags” situation. So don’t even go there. I hope he’s the next coach at cuse (if it isn’t one of our guys)

Oats is proving himself as a recruiter

Damn good recruiter, may be one of the best in college basketball. Just got a commitment from top 10 player in 2021 JD Davison after having #12 ranked class last cycle.

Option A, assuming Hopkins is comfortable at UW and the school looks outside the current staff.

Oats is a real deal recruiter. Getting a football recruit to Bama is one thing. But basketball. I mean wow. And no this isn’t a “bags” situation. So don’t even go there. I hope he’s the next coach at cuse (if it isn’t one of our guys)
The kid is from a Alabama and staying in Alabama.

SU won’t match the amount of money Alabama will pay Oates.
Especially if he starts winning. Saban has said before too the football program will help the basketball program any way possible BC both teams success affects the others recruiting

He'll be unmemorable in one year and Alabama will still suck.

#boldprediction
I was thinking the same thing - just like that kid a few years ago ...and realized I couldn't pull his name. Think he plays for the Cavs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom