Nate Oats to Alabama | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats to Alabama

Beilein is 67.

Coach Boeheim is 75. Let's say he coaches 3 more years hes 78. Belien is 70 at that time.

Beilein couldn't coach SU for 5 years or so ? U said it yourself Great, Great Coach. Age ain't nothing but a number. Coach Boeheim is 75 no signs or plans to call it quits. Coach K is 73 still going strong.
I disagree that Coach K is still going strong. IMO he’s been showing his age the last couple years. Looks confused out there. I think his assistants are coaching the team these days.
A lot of people like to compare Boeheim to Bobby Bowden’s last few years at FSU. Coach K is more like Bowden than JB.

How’d his first two years go?

As one of the many su fans who want hopkins to be the next coach. I have no problem admitting i have been rooting against him at Washington. Easier for him to become the next coach here if he's not successful out there. He's getting the first call regardless but easier for him to say yes faster.

As one of the many su fans who want hopkins to be the next coach. I have no problem admitting i have been rooting against him at Washington. Easier for him to become the next coach here if he's not successful out there. He's getting the first call regardless but easier for him to say yes faster.

That's completely illogical.

After JB retires, my first call would be to Hop, right behind him is Oats. Oats would absolutely kill it here.

If he's a bad coach in a mediocre conference he cannot coach here. I love Hop, graduated with Hop, but last year left a heck of a lot more questions.

He can recruit he will bring talent here regardless. He's got the dome, the acc conference, and the Syracuse fan base.

What was Oats’ record in his one season at Alabama?

If Red doesn't cut it i could see Oats. I believe Red is going to get a chance.

If Red doesn't cut it i could see Oats. I believe Red is going to get a chance.

And if Hopkins doesn't work out at UW, make him Red's top assistant. The money saved on hiring Red can go towards paying Hop. That's a deadly combo for recruiting.

Yeah I’m to the point now where I’m 99% it’s Hop, Oats or Red. The problem with the first 2 that I could see happening:

* Hop loves Seattle and is a west coast guy. If he’s successful at Washington and the money is right, I think he stays and creates his own legacy. I think for him to come back to Cuse means UW didn’t quite go as planned.

* Oats I think would come here no matter how successful he is at Bama (money being close to equal). But him struggling at Bama would make JW nervous I’d imagine.

It’s hard to say - those who want Hop would probably need Washington to go OK, but not great. Those who want Oats need him to succeed but for Bama not to backup the Brinks truck for him (which they would). Seems like a very fine line for both.

Red I think is the safety

At this point, it's hard to not support Red as next HC. Oats hasn't coached a game in the SEC yet. Let's stop theorizing before we actually see results.

Oats is legit. Bama will be a monster if he stays another two years. Which he wont.

As does any other coach we'd consider.

I mean if he had the same talent here in Syracuse this year he would not have finished last in the ACC. They dont have the dome they dont have the fans and the passion they dont have the facilities compared to SU. Completely different Climate here btw they lost a lot of close games sometimes with big leads bunch of those losses would have been wins here. Just my opinion.

I mean if he had the same talent here in Syracuse this year he would not have finished last in the ACC. They dont have the dome they dont have the fans and the passion they dont have the facilities compared to SU. Completely different Climate here btw they lost a lot of close games sometimes with big leads bunch of those losses would have been wins here. Just my opinion.

By this logic, anyone currently on SU's coaching staff would be able to have just as much success as SU head coach as Hopkins would, since it apparently has nothing to do with coaching ability and everything to do with fans, facilities, etc.

By this logic, anyone currently on SU's coaching staff would be able to have just as much success as SU head coach as Hopkins would, since it apparently has nothing to do with coaching ability and everything to do with fans, facilities, etc.

I think those factors could have resulted in a few more wins. Yes I do believe that.

My next coach Wish List

1. Hopkins
2. Oats
3. John Beilein.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online