Nathaniel Hackett: Up-and-coming coach in the Big East | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Nathaniel Hackett: Up-and-coming coach in the Big East

Coach's kids are in the driver's seat for being used to the long hours and the stupid lingo

those things are what matter most on the coaching ladder.

chuck bullough is an up and comer and his father hank was HORRIBLE

it wouldn't be the first time a so-so assistant here moved high up the ladder. brian schottenheimer

doesn't mean hackett won't end up succeeding, i just shrug at this stuff mostly

Two other things to add to your list:
  1. Trying to block the punt when we had them pinned back inside the 5. Instead of getting the ball around midfield or in their territory, we got a roughing the kicker penalty that gave them a first down, and they eventually scored a TD on that possession after we gift wrapped them a second chance.
  2. The INT that bounced off of Foster's shoulder pad at the goal line. We score there, and the game starts to turn into a rout.

Geez, I forgot about those two plays - must be the trauma. I really don't have anything against a conservative style of play - if it wins. The paradigm of a great defense and a ball control offense go together. Actually, it seems to make sense if you don't have a plethora of play-makers. I would prefer a more exciting style but I am not particular how we win.

Cali must be on a binge or something, I have no idea what he was tyring to say there. Bath Salts are a hell of a drug.
The subject was the Iowa game when Doug pounded the middle of the Iowa defense futilely on four consecutive downs. Try and keep up. If you are inhaling "bath salts the damage to you is apparent to all.:rolling:

Phone Line was down from New Orleans, couldnt get his play into Deleone in time or was it Maloney???:crazy:
All those years sitting next to Roberta Deleone's late wife put me at a huge disadvantage. I couldn't loudly comment on the play calling free of having a beer poured on me . I thought and stil think that Roberta was a great person but she had to hear enough garbage from surrounding fans who didn't know who she was. My wife and Roberta got along great trading kid stories.:oops:When I traveled to Syracuse after my CVA she came over and gave me a big huge and tsaid that we would both get through this. I knew she was suffering through cancer and she had the courage to smile and be happy to see me. She was gone not long after. I miss the Dome and her.:oops:

This thread ended up going about how most would've expected.

I think we can all agree that both talent and play calling could both stand to improve, no?

Consistancy (or lack thereof) has been the key to our offensive struggles. Is it always the play calling? Nope. Is it always the players fault? Nope.

If the players are more consistant, the schemes don't look as bad. If the coach schemes better to match our current talent, the players end up looking much better.

Hackett get's most of the blame (has gotten plenty from me, some deserved) from fans but it appears most don't ever look to other position coaches when dishing out the blame. Still too many drops, still too many missed blocks, etc.

If this team could just clean it up a bit in all areas, they could acheive much greater results IMO.

The subject was the Iowa game when Doug pounded the middle of the Iowa defense futilely on four consecutive downs. Try and keep up. If you are inhaling "bath salts the damage to you is apparent to all.:rolling:

Cali, Doug Marrone wasn't our coach for the 2006 Iowa game. He was in New Orleans coaching their offense at that point and for the next 2 years as well.

Cali I know I am going to regret this but you do realize Doug Marrone wasnt our coach in 06 right? Or the O coordinator? Or associated with the team or program in anyway?

Love it.

Cali's achieved that which us mere mortals can only dream of...completely wiping Greg Robinson from his brain. Kudos, Cali.

LOL I wish I could erase all SU football from 2002 until the 2o1o season.

I was going to stop reading this thread but I'm glad I didn't. God bless ya Cali! That was just awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom