Navy Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Navy Game Thread...

True but that was early in the 2nd half. The last minute was a prefect execution of what not to do. Even after the turnover where the hell was the defense? How is Ray wide open with SU offsides? Freeking amateur hour.

It’s really amazing thing is how many close games SU has won over the last two years. But today was a perfect example of how to throw away a win.

Just awful execution.

They’ll lose to Virginia on Friday.

This team won’t win more than one game in the tourney anyway.
So the same it’s been for the last couple years. At least this team won’t have the hype others have had and failed to make it to the semi finals

Horrible loss. Navy comes in averaging 8 goals a game, 8!!! The only two guys on their team worth a damn were number 42 and 6, and yet our D allowed them to be such a major factor. 3rd loss this year in the Dome, two were blowouts and complete embarrassments against Albany and Hopkins. Now, a bubble NCAA tourney team comes in and wins. We were incredibly fortunate to steal that win last week against a reeling Tar Heel team. 7-5 heading into the ACC tourney and can easily see us getting bounced by UVA, especially with UVA being at home.

Up 1 with 41 seconds left, at home and possession! I'd like to know what the win/loss probability stats are for that circumstance. This was as crushing a defeat as I can recall, due to the complete unwinding the last 4o seconds.

So the same it’s been for the last couple years. At least this team won’t have the hype others have had and failed to make it to the semi finals

Unfortunately thats a daming but true statement

Our end gameplan with a one goal lead and the ball is awful. Knew we’d try to run it out with one guy. And of course they’d double team.

So predictable.

Just lost homefield in the tourney.
As much as losing home field sucks, I hate hate hate that Sunday night time slot.

Next Fri becomes a must win game now or were 1 or 2 conf tourney upsets away from sitting home. Sickening

True but that was early in the 2nd half. The last minute was a prefect execution of what not to do. Even after the turnover where the hell was the defense? How is Ray wide open with SU offsides? Freeking amateur hour.
Well, that missed goal is looking pretty good now. :)

Next Fri becomes a must win game now or were 1 or 2 conf tourney upsets away from sitting home. Sickening

SU may be reliving the last 40 seconds of this game all summer.

It's funny when Dordevic scored that goal i had this feeling that if we gave Navy the ball back we were in trouble. Still st worst we should have gone to OT. Haven't been this frustrated in a while

argh!
Maybe this will be the wakeup call that gives them the spark that they need.

argh!
Maybe this will be the wakeup call that gives them the spark that they need.
Our Lax Bros will be on Marshall Street tonight looking for that spark

SU beat Virginia 12-11 earlier in the season down there. SU is a different team than they were then, but so is Virginia.

Odds of SU winning twice at Virginia in one year?

It's funny when Dordevic scored that goal i had this feeling that if we gave Navy the ball back we were in trouble. Still st worst we should have gone to OT. Haven't been this frustrated in a while

The older Varello was dominating at the end at the X. Any situation that came down to a faceoff likely wasn’t going to end well for SU.

SU needs to big upgrade at the X.

Varello is pretty ordinary.

So despite being a West Genny grad, I am no lacrosse savant but can someone explain why up a goal, with the ball and coming out of a timeout with 41 seconds left, our best option is to put the ballin the stick of a freshman and ask him to run out the clock?

So despite being a West Genny grad, I am no lacrosse savant but can someone explain why up a goal, with the ball and coming out of a timeout with 41 seconds left, our best option is to put the ballin the stick of a freshman and ask him to run out the clock?
I don't know. Ask Desko!

SU beat Virginia 12-11 earlier in the season down there. SU is a different team than they were then, but so is Virginia.

Odds of SU winning twice at Virginia in one year?

UVA lost a top player to injury in that game, and the emotional fallout from that, put them in a funk for a quarter and a half. Once UVA was able to move on from that, it was a different game and SU held on for dear life.

SU runs the same thing almost every time in that situation. It’s dumb. If you had a time out (they didn’t) it might be okay. There’s several other options that would be better, but SU chose the worst one.

well when you are so fundamentally flawed the ball inexplicably pops out of your cross at the midfield with no pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom