NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Yup
IT, Frye and first round pick for Clarkson and Nance

Magic Johnson won big time.
He cleared salary and gained an asset.

I think CLE did fine with this trade as well. IT was a plague in Cleveland. Clarkson and Nance should be able to enjoy the ride while Bron is there.

Danny Ainge is insane.
He helps the Cavs get cap space to sign LeBron in 2013 by taking Tyler Zeller and getting a first round pick in that transaction.
He flips that pick to Phoenix in February 2014 for Isaiah Thomas.
Brad Stevens system helps IT become an all star.
They flip Isaiah and pick for Kyrie.

Damn he is good.

Danny Ainge is insane.
He helps the Cavs get cap space to sign LeBron in 2013 by taking Tyler Zeller and getting a first round pick in that transaction.
He flips that pick to Phoenix in February 2014 for Isaiah Thomas.
Brad Stevens system helps IT become an all star.
They flip Isaiah and pick for Kyrie.

Damn he is good.

Can't wait until they beat Toronto in the playoffs this year in heartbreaking fashion and he's never allowed in Canada.

From Zack Lowe
So, the Cavaliers traded Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye and a first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a first-rounder and a second.

Yikes.

From Zack Lowe
So, the Cavaliers traded Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye and a first-round pick for Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic, a first-rounder and a second.

Yikes.

No PG13 and No Bledsoe. That's a huge miss.

Did Jae Crowder just clank another three and forget to run back on defense?

From Zack Lowe

Yikes.

They still have first rounder and second rounder, where from?

If Isaiah take a buyout from the Lakers he can come back to Boston.

They still have first rounder and second rounder, where from?
Cavs have Brooklyn’s first and they got the Miami Heat 2nd in 2020 that was added during the renegotiation when the IT medicals were discussed.

Cavs have Brooklyn’s first and they got the Miami Heat 2nd in 2020 that was added during the renegotiation when the IT medicals were discussed.
okay, so it was NOT the Brooklyn pick included. that is good.

Looks good for both sides since Cle keeps the Brooklyn pick...as long as Lebron doesn't go to LA this summer.

Looks good for both sides since Cle keeps the Brooklyn pick...as long as Lebron doesn't go to LA this summer.
When factor in Kyrie it’s horrible deal for Cleveland.
Clarkson is good but doesn’t really fix their D that much.
Nance is Thompson like.

Clarkson’s contract was hurting LA in cap space. They didn’t flip a pick to move it.

Magic Johnson just turned the Lakers into the destination for 2 Max players this year or could sign players to 1 year Max deals like Philly did with Redick.

It’s an A+ deal for the Lakers
C deal for Cavs.

Best case scenario for Cleveland: Isaiah never gets healthy, Cleveland upgrades but has zero chance of beating the Warriors and probably isn't even the favorites to come out of the East.

Worst case scenario for Cleveland: Isaiah gets healthy, returns to all-star form, and you just gave up a 1st round pick to make your team worse and take on long-term money and then lose the greatest player in franchise history to the team you traded with.

Even in the best case scenario, it's a bad trade for Cleveland.

Do you think Love has value as a trade target in the summer or no? Or would Utah be willing to throw in a first?

Love is good; he's owed 2 more years at about $50 million total, which is a lot, but it's not totally crazy. I wonder if they'd be able to get actual assets from a team in the summer. Maybe not, maybe the money is too tough to match up. I dunno.
Their trade today blew up my thinking, but my assumption had been that stripping out salary was more important than assets for Cleveland. It's not worth paying for that roster without LeBron.

Is Cleveland done making moves? I think this makes them better but definitely isn't enough to beat GSW/OKC/Hou and 50/50 they get out of the East.

Trading Kyrie to Boston was a mistake but trading him in general...I mean, he hates Lebron...fire of a thousand suns hates.

Best case scenario for Cleveland: Isaiah never gets healthy, Cleveland upgrades but has zero chance of beating the Warriors and probably isn't even the favorites to come out of the East.

Worst case scenario for Cleveland: Isaiah gets healthy, returns to all-star form, and you just gave up a 1st round pick to make your team worse and take on long-term money and then lose the greatest player in franchise history to the team you traded with.

Even in the best case scenario, it's a bad trade for Cleveland.

Can you bank on IT getting healthy in the next 2 months though? Hard to see him wanting to stick around in Cleveland.

Their trade today blew up my thinking, but my assumption had been that stripping out salary was more important than assets for Cleveland. It's not worth paying for that roster without LeBron.

I just decided to look at the Cavs cap situation; it's actually not that awful. If you assume Lebron leaves and Shump exercises his player option, (this was all before the trade today), they'd be sitting around $90 million, safely under both the tax and the cap. (with cap charges and holds on their first rounder they'd probably be close to the cap but i'd imagine if Lebron leaves the immediate issue is to duck the tax). So from a pure financial POV, they won't be in a terrible spot.

God, Shump has an $11 million option for next year

who?

You guys need Woj tweets directly to your phone

So I think its a 3 teamer, Cavs end up moving Rose and Crowder and Shump for Hood and George Hill. Joe Johnson is going to Sacto. I feel like Utah is getting something other than Crowder and Rose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom