NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 102 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Lebron said he wouldn't waive his NTC; whether or not that is posturing I have no idea.

Looking back, it's really amazing Lebron came back to Cleveland. The relationship with Gilbert has been beyond saving for a long time, it seems.

Stein says the Clippers/Spurs have discussed Danny Green and a 1 for Avery Bradley. Don't get that for the Spurs at all.

Would a Kwahi for LeBron swap be discussed?

Leonard wouldn’t stay in Cleveland but the Cavs could move him around the draft for a haul.
LeBron could stay in San Antonio.

Would a Kwahi for LeBron swap be discussed?

Leonard wouldn’t stay in Cleveland but the Cavs could move him around the draft for a haul.
LeBron could stay in San Antonio.

No way SA would do it.

Agree 100%. It is an impossible situation, exacerbated by Lebron being so combative with ownership. Gilbert knows that despite the regular season difficulties they've faced this year, Lebron can put the team on his back in the playoffs and still get them to the finals, which is a disincentive to trading him. And if he DOES trade him, then the fanbase goes berzerk. But if he doesn't, and Lebron bails again as an UFA after the season, they lose him uncompensated... for a second time. So the options are:

• Don't trade him and cross your fingers for another miracle championship run, but lose him uncompensated at the end of the year, which will draw the fanbase's ire
OR
  • Trade him now since his departure is inevitable and the relationship is irrevocably damaged, and duck and cover for the inevitable fanbase backlash

I think their best course of action would be to do exactly what you say, and find out where he wants to go and accommodate his wishes, and get one of those 3 or 4 team trading deals that enables the Cavs to load up on assets and prepare for the future.

What I expect them to do is botch it somehow, lose in the conference finals putting a sour taste in everybody's mouth, and then be jilted again when Lebron takes his talents elsewhere.

Yep, can't win. And he can't bail on other bad contracts quite yet because they are still going to try and get to the finals so really Gilbert's hands are tied to say the least. I think he just has to wait it out and begin a massive rebuild next year and here again is the reason why Kyrie wanted out so bad, who can blame him?

Ainge wins again but Gilbert is right there with Dolan of the Knicks as being the 2 least desireable owner's to work for in all of the NBA so good luck hiring a quality GM

Yep, can't win. And he can't bail on other bad contracts quite yet because they are still going to try and get to the finals so really Gilbert's hands are tied to say the least. I think he just has to wait it out and begin a massive rebuild next year and here again is the reason why Kyrie wanted out so bad, who can blame him?

Ainge wins again
Kyrie beat LeBron at his own game.
He knew LeBron wasn’t staying and realized he would have been the guy dangled now.
Kyrie wanted out when he found out he was almost traded by Griffin for Bledsoe and the 4th pick last year.

He didn’t like his spot.
So he demanded the trade. It blew up Cleveland’s last stand this year.

LeBron is now gone after the year and at least Cleveland has the Brooklyn pick to start its rebuild.

Ainge wins again

Yeah you gotta give Kyrie credit; he totally saw where this was going. I continue to be so off on that whole situation

Yeah you gotta give Kyrie credit; he totally saw where this was going. I continue to be so off on that whole situation

Yeah and Kyrie has now become one of the more well liked players in the league as well, playing for one of the best franchises, with one of the best GM and Head coaches along with a team with a very promising future, he won freaking big time. Dude has to be whistling Dixie on his way in every day

I like it from the Utah end. Love/Gobert would probably mesh well. If you're Cleveland, do you want to build with Love though? That said, if Lebron leaves in the summer, Love may demand a trade, and this way you have more leverage.
I'm assuming LeBron is gone after the season and Cleveland's only course of action is a clean rebuild. Lebron goes, let IT walk, get out from under Love's contract now (he's not selling tickets, he's not getting free agents to come join him and they don't have the financial flex for that anyway, and he's never shown he can win without other all stars) make good selections in the draft and work to get out from under all those other millstone contracts as fast as they can. Start fresh, thanks for the championship, turn the page.

I'm assuming LeBron is gone after the season and Cleveland's only course of action is a clean rebuild. Lebron goes, let IT walk, get out from under Love's contract now (he's not selling tickets, he's not getting free agents to come join him and they don't have the financial flex for that anyway, and he's never shown he can win without other all stars) make good selections in the draft and work to get out from under all those other millstone contracts as fast as they can. Start fresh, thanks for the championship, turn the page.

Do you think Love has value as a trade target in the summer or no? Or would Utah be willing to throw in a first?

Love is good; he's owed 2 more years at about $50 million total, which is a lot, but it's not totally crazy. I wonder if they'd be able to get actual assets from a team in the summer. Maybe not, maybe the money is too tough to match up. I dunno.

I don’t get why OKC would give any real assets for Avery Bradley.
They won’t pay him in FA as they are won’t pay tax team or they wouldn’t have traded Harden.

Bradley is a nice player but he isn’t an all-star or this must have player.

Simmons is saying the Cavs are trying to get the Clippers to accept a draft pick swap with the Nets pick and the Clippers spot.
That should be enough.

agreed, Cavs are a mess. Fire sale everything and then hire a legit GM at the end of the season. Blow it up, the roster is atrocious. Not enough time though to really do it

Letting David Griffin walk was Gilbert's yuuuugest misstep over the summer, but a "legit GM" wouldn't mean much as long as Gilbert owns the Cavs. He makes the decisions and what he decides the Cavs do today, if anything, will demonstrate if Gilbert cares if LeBron ends his career in Cleveland or if he's content with owning a chronic lottery team.

The Cavs don't win a title and go to the finals the past three years if LeBron's from anywhere other than Akron, Ohio. I think, based on nothing other than conjecture, that he'd like to end his career in Cleveland, but Gilbert doesn't appear to care if he does.

He's high-maintenance, no doubt, but his game is sick. Whatta great game last night between the Cavs and Timberloves, two really good teams, overtime, and it ends like this.

So Cedi Osman was the secret life force the Cavs needed this whole time? Looked like Bron was happy celebrating with him. IT, not so much.
Love me some Cedi. Kid's got game. Great to watch him on the bench, too, he's like a kid, a fan, when LeBron or someone else does something he didn't see on a regular basis in Europe.

They won’t pay him in FA as they are won’t pay tax team or they wouldn’t have traded Harden.

Simmons is saying the Cavs are trying to get the Clippers to accept a draft pick swap with the Nets pick and the Clippers spot.
That should be enough.

They would do it because they think that Bradley would be a great (and much better) replacement for Roberson, and because they legitimately think they can beat Houston and GS in the west. They are all in this year.

That should be enough.

That's such a simple tweak; I can't believe I didn't think of it haha.

They would do it because they think that Bradley would be a great (and much better) replacement for Roberson, and because they legitimately think they can beat Houston and GS in the west. They are all in this year.

Also the better they do in the playoffs, you gotta think the better their odds of keeping George

Letting David Griffin walk was Gilbert's yuuuugest misstep over the summer, but a "legit GM" wouldn't mean much as long as Gilbert owns the Cavs. He makes the decisions and what he decides the Cavs do today, if anything, will demonstrate if Gilbert cares if LeBron ends his career in Cleveland or if he's content with owning a chronic lottery team.

The Cavs don't win a title and go to the finals the past three years if LeBron's from anywhere other than Akron, Ohio. I think, based on nothing other than conjecture, that he'd like to end his career in Cleveland, but Gilbert doesn't appear to care if he does.

He's high-maintenance, no doubt, but his game is sick. Whatta great game last night between the Cavs and Timberloves, two really good teams, overtime, and it ends like this.

Love Hubie calling out the push-off.

From Woj
Cleveland and Lakers in serious talks on a trade, league sources tell ESPN.

Has to be Randle

Edit: it appears it’s Sbumpert and a first round pick for Randle is the rumor.

I don't get that from LA perspective. Actually, from neither perspective. Cleveland gets a young player sure, but doesn't help them this year.

From Woj
Lakers sending Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance to the Cavaliers, league source tells ESPN.
Looking like it’s Shumpert to LA.

I don't get that from LA perspective. Actually, from neither perspective. Cleveland gets a young player sure, but doesn't help them this year.
Steal for the Cavs.

They gave up an expiring contract who does nothing for a bench scorer who is good in Clarkson and energy big in Nance.

Pissed Ainge is asleep while the Lakers are giving away players.

Steal for the Cavs.

They gave up an expiring contract who does nothing for a bench scorer who is good in Clarkson and energy big in Nance.

Pissed Ainge is asleep while the Lakers are giving away players.

What do Lakers gain?

Cavs are trading IT, Frye and their own first round pick for Clarkson and Nance.

Magic absolutely killed it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom