NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

When IT gets bought out he needs to come back to Boston.
Finish the year get a proper send off and try and get his money out there.
He would be a perfect 2nd unit scorer.
Kyrie’s minutes could be cut back and he can go after a ring.

Toronto won’t want him.
East playoff teams all have their guards.
Can’t see any contender giving him a starting job.

Granted she's an LA mouthpiece, but Shelbourne is reporting that Isaiah is very happy to have been traded to the Lakers and the Lakers have zero interest in waiving him.

Granted she's an LA mouthpiece, but Shelbourne is reporting that Isaiah is very happy to have been traded to the Lakers and the Lakers have zero interest in waiving him.
When Lonzo comes back and with KCP good luck having IT happy.

If he isn’t going to get a lot of minutes he won’t be happy in LA.

When Lonzo comes back and with KCP good luck having IT happy.

If he isn’t going to get a lot of minutes he won’t be happy in LA.

His agent reportedly said he won’t accept coming off the bench. Lol. Good luck then. Keep burning bridges while being hurt and not producing and your little 5’8 ass will be calling Ice Cube for a 3 on 3 roster spot before long.

His agent reportedly said he won’t accept coming off the bench. Lol. Good luck then. Keep burning bridges while being hurt and not producing and your little 5’8 ass will be calling Ice Cube for a 3 on 3 roster spot before long.
As long as more people keep bringing this kind of A-game to the OT board, we can start Cuse Football and Cuse Hoop threads here and avoid the Romper Rooms...

Toronto has done a fantastic job of developing players via the G-League. The G League players in Toronto get treated very well, and they play in the outskirts of Toronto and share many of the resources.

Delon Wright, Paskal Siakem, Fred Van Vleet, Norm Powell have all spent time in the D-League in prior years and are now valuable members of the team.

This might be as good as an opportunity as any for Malachi to develop,

Yeah, way better team and way better organization in every aspect. Plus going from living in Sacramento to Toronto is a major upgrade IMO.

Gotta say, as a Laker fan I’m not real happy. The pick will be late first. Ok, fine...if we get lucky, maybe we can pick another Clarkson or Nance - both of whom we just traded.

I’m not interested in the 2018 FA class. I don’t want George(like I said - Ingram will be better in a couple years), and I don’t want LeBron either - getting LeBron means filling the roster with a bunch of mediocre overpaid old guys and we aren’t beating GS anyway. He’s not coming anyway.

I want to play the long game. Keep letting our guys develop and get better. Play the max contract guy game another year or two down the road and get the right one for us, while having a solid young core that is starting to win by that point. Kinda like when we got Shaq. A superstar just hitting his prime joining a young playoff team to put us over the top and eventually start a little mini-dynasty.

I could end up being very wrong, as we’ll have to see how it plays out. But that’s how I feel right now. I don’t want to be the Knicks signing Amare - because they were so dead set on signing a max guy.

Last edited:
Gotta say, as a Laker fan I’m not real happy. The pick will be late first. Ok, fine...if we get lucky, maybe we can pick another Clarkson or Nance - both of whom we just traded.

I’m not interested in the 2018 FA class. I don’t want George(like I said - Ingram will be better in a couple years), and I don’t want LeBron either - getting LeBron means filling the roster with a bunch of mediocre overpaid old guys and we aren’t beating GS anyway. He’s not coming anyway.

I want to play the long game. Keep letting our guys develop and get better. Play the max contract guy game another year or two down the road and get the right one for us, while having a solid young core that is starting to win by that point. Kinda like when we got Shaq. A superstar just hitting his prime joining a young playoff team to put us over the top and eventually start a little mini-dynasty.

I could end up being very wrong, as we’ll have to see how it plays out. But that’s how I feel right now. I don’t want to be the Knicks signing Amare - because they were so dead set on signing a max guy.
Magic killed it.

Lakers can sign LeBron and then they got Clarkson’s salary off the books and didn’t have to attach a pick to get it done.

If Kawhi tells the Spurs he wants out.
The Lakers can offer a package of Randle, Ingram or Kuzma.

Kawhi is a FA the following year.

Magic was awesome today.

Magic killed it.

Lakers can sign LeBron and then they got Clarkson’s salary off the books and didn’t have to attach a pick to get it done.

If Kawhi tells the Spurs he wants out.
The Lakers can offer a package of Randle, Ingram or Kuzma.

Kawhi is a FA the following year.

Magic was awesome today.

I don’t want Lebron so that we can lose to GS in the playoffs for 2-3 years, and I also don’t want Kawhi if it involves giving up Ingram! I’m sounding picky, I know. I like our young core, I don’t want them to get impatient. This team is nowhere near being ready to win now, and that’s fine. Play the long game.

Cap space is awesome, I just hope we don’t rush to use it this year. I think Ingram will become a superstar - I’m sold on him.

I don’t want Lebron so that we can lose to GS in the playoffs for 2-3 years, and I also don’t want Kawhi if it involves giving up Ingram! I’m sounding picky, I know. I like our young core, I don’t want them to get impatient. This team is nowhere near being ready to win now, and that’s fine. Play the long game.

Cap space is awesome, I just hope we don’t rush to use it this year. I think Ingram will become a superstar - I’m sold on him.
The long game with these Lakers aren’t a championship team.
I think Ingram could be an Allstar.
Lonzo is nice but he looks like he will be a Rajon Rondo type PG.
Lakers need FA to become contenders.

I can't believe the Lakers got that pick from the Cavs instead of Utah getting it.

I don't think Cube's interested, either.

Pop and the Spurs would rather fold the franchise than trade Kawhi to the Lakers.

This trade allows them to sign two max free agents (George and Lebron). Ingram gives them a quasi big 3.

IF, and it's a big IF, you can get those two guys, you do it.

Last edited:
I can't believe the Lakers got that pick from the Cavs instead of Utah getting it.

When I saw the details of that 3 way come out, I kept thinking Utah had to be getting some kind of pick from someone. They lost Rodney Hood and Joe Johnson for Crowder and Rose. Ok, they buy out Rose (though Johnson is gonna get bought out too). Crowder is signed for the next 2 years at like $7 million, not terrible, but not great. But Hood was the best player here, and they didn't even save money! I have to be missing something, right?

When I saw the details of that 3 way come out, I kept thinking Utah had to be getting some kind of pick from someone. They lost Rodney Hood and Joe Johnson for Crowder and Rose. Ok, they buy out Rose (though Johnson is gonna get bought out too). Crowder is signed for the next 2 years at like $7 million, not terrible, but not great. But Hood was the best player here, and they didn't even save money! I have to be missing something, right?

Hood is a restriced free agent at the end of the season with a history of injuries, only thing I can think of. I agree with you. They must value Crowder and his small contract for the next two years??? Crowder's stock seems to be getting lower as the days go by. Seems like Celts that are traded get worse, Maybe just me I don't know

This trade helps the long-game because you're no longer paying Jordan Clarkson.

Cleveland just gave you a first round pick to take expiring contracts; that just doesn't really happen lol. I can't believe what the Lakers pulled off yesterday.

Hood will certainly be paid more than Crowder after this season. I'm not a big Crowder fan personally, but at this time last year, people thought he had a ton of value because of how cheap his contract was.

The Jazz are good at player development and putting guys in a position to succeed. All I can figure is they realized the time with Hood ran its course and they felt like Crowder was misused in Cleveland and that they could get him back to what he was in Boston. They might be right. Snyder > Lue in terms of coaches that get player development. And dat contract tho.

Hood will certainly be paid more than Crowder after this season. I'm not a big Crowder fan personally, but at this time last year, people thought he had a ton of value because of how cheap his contract was.

Yeah I do get that, but Crowder just seems like he's fallen off a cliff. Maybe they would've just been better off letting Hood walk as an RFA or something. I dunno.

Or maybe Utah can get Crowder back to his old form.

Yeah I do get that, but Crowder just seems like he's fallen off a cliff. Maybe they would've just been better off letting Hood walk as an RFA or something. I dunno.

Or maybe Utah can get Crowder back to his old form.

I think the $7 mil or whatever Crowder is paid is worth taking a flier on even as someone that thought he's been overrated for a long time. It's not like they took on Jordan Clarkson's contract or something.

The Celtics with Hayward and Morris each healthy are deep enough to win it this year in my opinion.

their A and B lineups are good enough. I’d say someone please talk sense into me. But this team was built for a 7 game series imo.

I think the $7 mil or whatever Crowder is paid is worth taking a flier on even as someone that thought he's been overrated for a long time. It's not like they took on Jordan Clarkson's contract or something.

Amazing how quickly the nba went from every team having cap space to where we are now.

The Celtics with Hayward and Morris each healthy are deep enough to win it this year in my opinion.

their A and B lineups are good enough. I’d say someone please talk sense into me. But this team was built for a 7 game series imo.

I think Boston may still be the favorite to win the east, but the best argument against them not winning it all is the Warriors could be the best team ever.

I also don't think the depth Boston has is really an advantage in the playoffs; the best players play a lot mroe minutes in the playoffs.

Amazing how quickly the nba went from every team having cap space to where we are now.

I think Boston may still be the favorite to win the east, but the best argument against them not winning it all is the Warriors could be the best team ever.

I also don't think the depth Boston has is really an advantage in the playoffs; the best players play a lot mroe minutes in the playoffs.

yeah just look at the Lou Williams contract 3 years at 24 mil? I was kind of shocked they were able to wrap him up for that.. Evreyone feeling the after math of 2016

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom