NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Amazing how quickly the nba went from every team having cap space to where we are now.

I think Boston may still be the favorite to win the east, but the best argument against them not winning it all is the Warriors could be the best team ever.

I also don't think the depth Boston has is really an advantage in the playoffs; the best players play a lot mroe minutes in the playoffs.
I think, at any moment, there’s multiple players for Boston that couldd be the best player on the floor for Boston that night.

Throughout the season we’ve seen Kyrie, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Rozier and even Marcus Smart each nearly single handedly influence the outcomes of game against solid competition. Throw Hayward in there and wow.

I think what still separates GS is Durant. If Durants on, you lose. I dont care what team you are unless its Lebron scoring 55.

Rozier/Kyrie/Smart/Larkin can give curry/thompson/livingston problems though.

I think, at any moment, there’s multiple players for Boston that couldd be the best player on the floor for Boston that night.

Throughout the season we’ve seen Kyrie, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Rozier and even Marcus Smart each nearly single handedly influence the outcomes of game against solid competition. Throw Hayward in there and wow.

I think what still separates GS is Durant. If Durants on, you lose. I dont care what team you are unless its Lebron scoring 55.

Golden State has Durant AND Curry. It's almost unfair.

I know Boston has given the Warriors trouble in the regular season, but I'm just not gonna believe it till i see it in June.

Golden State has Durant AND Curry. It's almost unfair.

I know Boston has given the Warriors trouble in the regular season, but I'm just not gonna believe it till i see it in June.

Warriors have become like every other great NBA team, they aren't putting a ton of emphasis on the regular season as ultimately anything but the title will be considered a failure and rightfully so. They will turn it up the last 30 games to get the 1 seed and destroy all comers come playoff team. I think this mentality bothers Steve Kerr but is what it is at this point, not much can be done

I am not buying Houston even when healthy is even a real threat, maybe to take them 6 games or so but nothing more.

Warriors have become like every other great NBA team, they aren't putting a ton of emphasis on the regular season as ultimately anything but the title will be considered a failure and rightfully so. They will turn it up the last 30 games to get the 1 seed and destroy all comers come playoff team. I think this mentality bothers Steve Kerr but is what it is at this point, not much can be done

I am not buying Houston even when healthy is even a real threat, maybe to take them 6 games or so but nothing more.
I give Houston a 50/50 shot to even make it to play GS in the postseason. Harden is absolutely woeful come crunchtime. Could be bounced first series.

I give Houston a 50/50 shot to even make it to play GS in the postseason. Harden is absolutely woeful come crunchtime. Could be bounced first series.
I would favor Houston to win the win West right now.
I don’t buy the Warriors are bored narrative.
The Rockets look better.

0 faith in the beard on my end
Houston has lost 1 game when Harden, Paul, Calepa have all played this year.
They are better defensively because of Paul and shoot the ball well.

Harden is the MVP this year.
They are legit.

Golden State is good but the Rockets are not pushovers.

I made a bet with my friend yesterday, if the Warriors play Houston in the playoffs, I have the series going 5 games or less.
I hope you got odds.
Warriors bench hasn’t been good.
Rockets bench has been better.
Rockets matchup better this year.
Especially if the Rockets get the Spurs 2nd round and the Warriors get either Minnesota or OKC.

Spurs are paper tigers this year.

I hope you got odds.
Especially if the Rockets get the Spurs 2nd round and the Warriors get either Minnesota or OKC.

nah, you're probably right, 2 wins for Houston is probably the right number, but I don't care. I'm a gambling man.

Same friend and I made some kind of Nick Foles vs Sam Bradford bet in like 2013 No real stakes, just a fun bet. I had Foles, I think I clinched that one Sunday.

I hope you got odds.

Spurs are an unknown until Kawhi comes back. They are going to win 50 games without him playing. If they get a month of runway with him, who knows how good they'll be.

Spurs are an unknown until Kawhi comes back. They are going to win 50 games without him playing. If they get a month of runway with him, who knows how good they'll be.
I would rather play the Spurs over the TWolves or Thunder if I were Houston.

Spurs are old and even with Kawhi I don’t see him being 100% this year.

I don’t trust the Warriors to sweep thru the West this year.
They aren’t going to get a tomato can in the 2nd round like they did last year in Utah.

Rockets are really good. They are better than any team in the East.

Alright, I’m feeling better about the Lakers situation. It makes sense. I’m one of those fans that likes to win with “our guys”, so part of me was bummed to see Nance and Clarkson go.

I obviously greatly enjoyed the 2000-2002 3 peat, but part of me was bummed that Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones weren’t a part of it, because they were the ones that started the turnaround and brought Laker basketball back and I loved rooting for them.

But really, the Lakers front office has done a great job fixing the mess they inherited. It’s unfortunate that Russell, Nance, and Clarkson all had to go, but the moves make sense.

Alright, I’m feeling better about the Lakers situation. It makes sense. I’m one of those fans that likes to win with “our guys”, so part of me was bummed to see Nance and Clarkson go.

I obviously greatly enjoyed the 2000-2002 3 peat, but part of me was bummed that Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones weren’t a part of it, because they were the ones that started the turnaround and brought Laker basketball back and I loved rooting for them.

But really, the Lakers front office has done a great job fixing the mess they inherited. It’s unfortunate that Russell, Nance, and Clarkson all had to go, but the moves make sense.

loved Nick the Quick

loved Nick the Quick

Same. He was one of those players who caught my eye in college and I found myself rooting for Cincinatti in the tournament because of him. Loved him. Then the Lakers got him, and his second year was just a special season. One of my all time favorite teams to watch and root for and he was their best player and the heart of the team.

In the early Shaq years, I used to love the play where Shaq would spin off his defender and Van Exel would put the alley oop pass on the money.

Joe Johnson signing with the Houston Rockets per Shams

Was hoping OKC would get him. They could use one of these guys to give them some 2 guard scoring off the bench. Maybe Bellinelli or Evans?

Hurts to lose Nance. Great defender. Exciting. A kind of guy every team needs.

Josh Hart is cheaper than Clarkson and may have a higher ceiling. He's been a pleasant surprise. Kuzma has all-star potential. So does Ingram.

If you add two elite FAs, I don't see why they couldn't be the second or third best team in the west.

Looking forward to a little Sunday matinee, the Cavs at Boston. Gonna be interesting to see how well the mid-season overhaul works for the Cavs.

One of the four new Cavs, George Hill, is gonna start at the point and Cleveland’s new Wild Thing, Cedi Osman, is getting his second start. Like that kid a lot.

And the Garden or whatever it’s called now will be nutso; LeBron, Kyrie, Celts on the rise, Cavs overhauling the team with only 28 games to go in the pre-season — pre-playoffs. And, to boot, Paul Pierce’s jersey going up in the rafters.

From all I read and hear, sounds like the Cavs new 34-year-old GM done good for a newbie.

Boston laying 4, hope Cavs don’t lay an egg. We shall see. Giddy-up!

Cleveland Cavaliers: Koby Altman's gutsy moves, Terry's Talkin' -- Terry Pluto

You need to worry about Cleveland and even first place Toronto before worrying about Golden State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom