NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 111 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Not to take anything away from Shaq but his Laker teams that won three three consecutive finals beat the Pacers, Sixers and NJ Nets. Not exactly murderer's row, particularly that Sixer team with George Lynch and Eric Snow in the starting line-up. Meanwhile Wilt lost four finals with the Lakers - two to the Boston Celtics and two to the NY Knicks - and two that came down to the 7th game. Can't hold too much against Wilt there for losing to some of the all time great teams in NBA history.

One thing the two had in common was neither one could shoot FTs.

The finals competition wasn't great for sure, but the west was loaded. In 2001, for instance, the Lakers played a 50 win Blazer team in the first round that had Rasheed Wallace, Scottie Pippen, Damon Stoudemire, Steve Smith, Arvydas Sabonis, etc. They swept them, winning by an average of 15 per game.

In round 2, they played a 55 win King team. They swept them, "only" winning by about 10 points per game.

In the conf finals, they played a 58 win Spurs team, coached by one of the greatest coaches of all time, and with 2 of the greatest players of all time. They swept them, winning by more than 20 points per game.

The finals competition wasn't great for sure, but the west was loaded. In 2001, for instance, the Lakers played a 50 win Blazer team in the first round that had Rasheed Wallace, Scottie Pippen, Damon Stoudemire, Steve Smith, Arvydas Sabonis, etc. They swept them, winning by an average of 15 per game.

In round 2, they played a 55 win King team. They swept them, "only" winning by about 10 points per game.

In the conf finals, they played a 58 win Spurs team, coached by one of the greatest coaches of all time, and with 2 of the greatest players of all time. They swept them, winning by more than 20 points per game.

No doubt those Laker teams were very legit and point taken about the loaded west. That said, Wilt lost to some coaches and numerous players that are enshrined in Springfield, Mass including about a half dozen players from your NY Knicks.

No doubt those Laker teams were very legit and point taken about the loaded west. That said, Wilt lost to some coaches and numerous players that are enshrined in Springfield, Mass including about a half dozen players from your NY Knicks.

Right, my point wasn't to knock Wilt, but focusing merely on who the Lakers beat in the finals instead of the whole road is missing the point a little

Right, my point wasn't to knock Wilt, but focusing merely on who the Lakers beat in the finals instead of the whole road is missing the point a little

Gotcha.

That was the worst national anthem EVER.
WTH was Fergie thinking. She was singing like she was having s e x.

I didn’t even make it that far. They were doing way too much. Not interested. The games have been complete trash for years. This event is basically a complete waste of time to watch now, and I’m a huge NBA fan.

So now that Melo is not an all star anymore and in all likelihood won’t be again...I hope it’s not too long before we put someone in the league that can make it. Hopefully Bazley.

Are Bing, Coleman, and Melo our only all stars?

What the actual hell am i wtching? What an awful halftime show my god

Also, Carl Lewis is still the champ of bad anthems.

When you get a competitor like Michael Jordan to break character and start laughing it’s an alltimer.
Carl couldn’t sing.
Fergie was having sex while doing the national anthem and she thought she killed it at the end.
It was brutal.

What I don't understand is, from all the singers/musicians/performers in the world, why Fergie? Fergie Jenkins woulda been a better choice.

Fergie definitely was going for sultry, worked in a some Marilyn Monroe, a little Barbra Streisand. I sincerely hope Fergie wasn't trying to pull off a performance like this HOF anthem at the All-Star Game in LA 35 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom