NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 112 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

What I don't understand is, from all the singers/musicians/performers in the world, why Fergie? Fergie Jenkins woulda been a better choice.

Fergie definitely was going for sultry, worked in a some Marilyn Monroe, a little Barbra Streisand. I sincerely hope Fergie wasn't trying to pull off a performance like this HOF anthem at the All-Star Game in LA 35 years ago.

The funny thing is I really think she did think that. She really thought she was doing something special out there. Lololol.

And can we move away from singers like Fergie and Pink doing all these anthems? There’s gotta be better singers out there.

The funny thing is I really think she did think that. She really thought she was doing something special out there. Lololol.

And can we move away from singers like Fergie and Pink doing all these anthems? There’s gotta be better singers out there.

That was evidence why each celebrity should have someone in their entourage who can tell them “no that’s insane. You’ll look ridiculous” without fear of being fired

What's the problem with Pink? She was fantastic, even with the flu. And she hit the under as well.

Cuban should be forced to sell the team.
This crap isn’t acceptable.
They did to Jerry Richardson.

#Mavstoo

On top the comments Cuban made publicly on tanking should never be made publicly.

No ignorance excuse Mark.

He gone.

A Spurs doctor had to set him off. Leonard is quiet and not an attention seeker. Did this injury come from the Zaza dirty play or something else.
So weird.

Lakers can offer 2 of Randle, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma for Kawhi.

Or Philly could offer Covington and Fultz.

The offers this offseason should be crazy.

The Kawhi thing is just so weird.

This thread I crazy:

I like how this thread evolved into an AMA about this dude's jail experience in Thailand lol

First comment "I like how this thread evolved into an AMA about this dude's jail experience in Thailand lol" so i guess this thing escalated.

i'm sure it was a joke thread, but to stay somewhat on topic, I actually do think Curry is underrated. He could be the best player in the league.

John Wall the latest edition to the Ewing Theory of his team playing better without them.

Hey the Cavs lost and Love's still out with an injury - are we back to blaming Lue again?

Hard to keep track of things like that with all their roster movement.

The Kawhi thing is just so weird.

I like how this thread evolved into an AMA about this dude's jail experience in Thailand lol

First comment "I like how this thread evolved into an AMA about this dude's jail experience in Thailand lol" so i guess this thing escalated.

i'm sure it was a joke thread, but to stay somewhat on topic, I actually do think Curry is underrated. He could be the best player in the league.
My favorite are the idiots out there who hate steph and call him overrated because they think he "just shoots" and cannot do anything else.

So many clowns, man.

My favorite are the idiots out there who hate steph and call him overrated because they think he "just shoots" and cannot do anything else.

So many clowns, man.

I had this take a few posts earlier, Steph really is underrated. I think it's hard to truly quantify how much effect his shooting has on everyone else. (not me, i get it, i'm a stable genius and like, really smart)

Just as a for instance, since Durant went to Golden State, the Warriors have played 3,418 possessions with Steph on the court and KD off.

Offensive Rating: 120.6
Defensive Rating: 104.2
Net Rating: +16.2

They've played 2,569 possessions with KD and without Steph

Offensive Rating: 110.7
Defensive Rating: 106.6
Net Rating: +4.1

They've also played 6,458 possessions with both on the court

Offensive Rating: 125.3
Defensive Rating: 108.4
Net Rating: +16.9

Basically, when Steph plays without Durant, they are nearly just as good as when Steph and Durant play together. But when Steph is off the court, they are much, much worse.

Here's one more, 644 possessions when Steph sits and the other big 3 all play

Offensive rating: 110.1
Defensive Rating: 100.3
Net Rating: +9.8

I'm bored, here's another one

Warriors have played 339 possessions with Steph and without any of the other big 3.

Offensive rating: 123
Defensive rating: 105.9
Net Rating: +17.1

Just to be clear, when Steph plays without any of the other 3 all stars, they are actually better than any of the lineup combos above! Now, it's 339 possessions (maybe I should change over to minutes, it's 160 minutes) over nearly 2 years, I wouldn't put much stock in them. They probably mostly came in blowouts. In those 160 minutes, Steph has a usage of 36.4 and a true shooting of 63.3%. Well then

There have been 1,893 minutes (3,993 possessions) where the big 4 have played together.

Offensive rating: 125.8
Defensive rating: 106.5
Net Rating: +19.3

Last one, I promise. 822 minutes with the big 4 and without Zaza (so more than half of the minutes the big 4 play together comes with Zaza on the court, as the 5th starter, that makes sense)

Offensive rating: 128.2
Defensive rating: 107.4
Net Rating: +20.8

So this interesting. Tonight the Jazz are honoring Daryl Griffith. In the 84-85 season he set an NBA single season record for three pointers made with 92.

Curry holds the current record.

At 402.

he's my favorite nba player, i think the 2nd best in the world . . . or he was when he was playing.

but i have my doubts whether he'll be as good playing for any other organization

I agree with your first sentence. Love watching him and think he's better than KD, Steph, etc.

I really hope he stays with the Spurs so I don't have to worry about your second sentence.

The more I dig into this, the more i"m convinced Steph is the best guy on the warriors

At the least, I think he's the MVP of the team. Whether he is the best basketball player, I think so, but that's up for debate. But valuable? For today's NBA, I think he's more valuable than KD.

I had this take a few posts earlier, Steph really is underrated. I think it's hard to truly quantify how much effect his shooting has on everyone else. (not me, i get it, i'm a stable genius and like, really smart)

Just as a for instance, since Durant went to Golden State, the Warriors have played 3,418 possessions with Steph on the court and KD off.

Offensive Rating: 120.6
Defensive Rating: 104.2
Net Rating: +16.2

They've played 2,569 possessions with KD and without Steph

Offensive Rating: 110.7
Defensive Rating: 106.6
Net Rating: +4.1

They've also played 6,458 possessions with both on the court

Offensive Rating: 125.3
Defensive Rating: 108.4
Net Rating: +16.9

Basically, when Steph plays without Durant, they are nearly just as good as when Steph and Durant play together. But when Steph is off the court, they are much, much worse.

Here's one more, 644 possessions when Steph sits and the other big 3 all play

Offensive rating: 110.1
Defensive Rating: 100.3
Net Rating: +9.8
not to diminish him or his talents, but the team is very clearly built around him. it will never happen, but it would be curious to see how steph would perform on another team

not to diminish him or his talents, but the team is very clearly built around him. it will never happen, but it would be curious to see how steph would perform on another team
Making his way Steph would be interesting, but put him on a team as the player he is now and he'll have the keys.

If Jimmy Butler tore his ACL and Kawhi doesn’t come back, OKC is in good position to get the three seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom