NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

not to diminish him or his talents, but the team is very clearly built around him. it will never happen, but it would be curious to see how steph would perform on another team

I guess to an extent, but don't most teams that have elite players build their rosters around them?

Not to belabor the point, but how exactly is the team built around Steph? anymore than any team tries to build around their best player

Last edited:
This OKC-GS game has been very sloppy so far. Not what I needed after the Cuse game.

This OKC-GS game has been very sloppy so far. Not what I needed after the Cuse game.
George and Westbrook are shooting like Brissett and Howard did today.

Melo was big buddies with Draymond and KD in the Olympics...love seeing all that go out the window in the heat of the battle!

Spurs beat the Cavs today and are 36-25.

To keep their streak of 50 win seasons alive, they have to go 14-7 the rest of the way.

Schedule:

NO, LAL, Memphis, @GSW, @OKC, @Hou, Orl, NO, Minny, GSW, Washington, Utah, Milwaukee, Washing, OKC, Hou, LAC, LAL, Portland, Sac, NO.

What are the odds they hit 50?

To keep their streak of 50 win seasons alive, they have to go 14-7 the rest of the way.

Schedule:

NO, LAL, Memphis, @GSW, @OKC, @Hou, Orl, NO, Minny, GSW, Washington, Utah, Milwaukee, Washing, OKC, Hou, LAC, LAL, Portland, Sac, NO.

They'll be close, but I don't see them getting there.

Still, credit to Pop. He's got Aldridge and a bunch of dudes that should be out of gas.

My favorite are the idiots out there who hate steph and call him overrated because they think he "just shoots" and cannot do anything else.

So many clowns, man.
The guy is hands down my favorite player to watch. Gets a bit reckless at times, but that is also where he gets his flair.

Schedule:

Crazy to think they got there in the 66 game season! In the 98-99 season, they were 37-13, on pace for 60 wins, and would've needed to go 13-19 in the final 32. So realistically, they've won 50 games for each of the last 20 seasons. Just madness. And if you go back past that, they won 20 in the season that allowed them to get Duncan, then they won 50 games the 3 years prior to that, so they're working on 23 out of 24 years! And they won 49 games the season before that!

I was also looking at something else, I thought maybe the Warriors would set the NBA record for consecutive 60 win season sif they got there this year. In fact, they'd tie it with the Lakers. But first, ere are the Celtics wins totals, starting in 79-80 (bird's first season)

In his first 9 seasons, their worst year was 56 wins, and they had 6 60 win seasons out of 7.

Here are the lakers over the same period.

That's 12 seasons in a row where 54 was the worst season, and the 4 straight 60 win seasons.

One final random stat; Houston is 30-1 this year when Harden, paul, and capela play

Crazy to think they got there in the 66 game season! In the 98-99 season, they were 37-13, on pace for 60 wins, and would've needed to go 13-19 in the final 32. So realistically, they've won 50 games for each of the last 20 seasons. Just madness. And if you go back past that, they won 20 in the season that allowed them to get Duncan, then they won 50 games the 3 years prior to that, so they're working on 23 out of 24 years! And they won 49 games the season before that!

I was also looking at something else, I thought maybe the Warriors would set the NBA record for consecutive 60 win season sif they got there this year. In fact, they'd tie it with the Lakers. But first, ere are the Celtics wins totals, starting in 79-80 (bird's first season)

In his first 9 seasons, their worst year was 56 wins, and they had 6 60 win seasons out of 7.

Here are the lakers over the same period.

That's 12 seasons in a row where 54 was the worst season, and the 4 straight 60 win seasons.

One final random stat; Houston is 30-1 this year when Harden, paul, and capela play
Houston's success in the playoffs will come down to how the series are officiated. If Harden is shooting 10-15 FTs every night like he has lately they're going to be a tough out. If the physicality picks up and he's not getting every little ticky-tac call he gets during the regular season, they could struggle. Houston shot 32 FT's last night (16 for Harden and 10 for Paul) and still had to sneak out of Denver with a win on a shot where Harden probably traveled. Houston is a highly successful team but I find them infuriating to watch with the way they bait officials into calls, especially on jump shots.

Houston's success in the playoffs will come down to how the series are officiated. If Harden is shooting 10-15 FTs every night like he has lately they're going to be a tough out. If the physicality picks up and he's not getting every little ticky-tac call he gets during the regular season, they could struggle. Houston shot 32 FT's last night (16 for Harden and 10 for Paul) and still had to sneak out of Denver with a win on a shot where Harden probably traveled. Houston is a highly successful team but I find them infuriating to watch with the way they bait officials into calls, especially on jump shots.
Yeah, I can't root for them.

Just purely from a basketball standpoint...I’d like to see Lebron go to New Orleans and become the facilitator to really make that thing click(assuming Cousins comes back reasonably close to what he was)

If they stop calling a foul when they bring their arm into the defender's arm before shooting, that would be a start.

Durant and Thompson can keep him reasonably in check. He and Paul can't stop Steph. Houston's big guy will give the warriors trouble, though.

Durant and Thompson can keep him reasonably in check. He and Paul can't stop Steph. Houston's big guy will give the warriors trouble, though.
Houston has some solid depth, too. Ryan Anderson can give them fits because he makes himself and Capela a matchup nightmare. Draymond can only guard one of them. I don't think Houston beats Golden State, but they definitely have the pieces to give them hell. And to your other point, that swim move to get under a defenders hand-check and flail to draw a foul makes me despise Harden. Gary Harris is a truly excellent on-ball defender and the refs rendered him useless last night.

Houston has some solid depth, too. Ryan Anderson can give them fits because he makes himself and Capela a matchup nightmare. Draymond can only guard one of them. I don't think Houston beats Golden State, but they definitely have the pieces to give them hell. And to your other point, that swim move to get under a defenders hand-check and flail to draw a foul makes me despise Harden. Gary Harris is a truly excellent on-ball defender and the refs rendered him useless last night.
When I see Harden do that, it makes me want to see the defender kick him in the nuts, and I don't watch sports wanting to feel like that.

When I see Harden do that, it makes me want to see the defender kick him in the nuts, and I don't watch sports wanting to feel like that.
Houston 2 point favorites in Utah tonight. Match up of two teams that have won 12 out of 13.

I'm a Nuggets fan (there are dozens of us!) and I wanted to throw my TV out the window multiple times last night.

Houston 2 point favorites in Utah tonight. Match up of two teams that have won 12 out of 13.
The altitude back to back and Capela having the flu make me really like Utah tonight. Also, Donovan Mitchell is worth a watch any night of the week.

The altitude back to back and Capela having the flu make me really like Utah tonight. Also, Donovan Mitchell is worth a watch any night of the week.
Article from Vegas Insider says that the Jazz are 7-2 outright winners in games they are home dogs. Capela has killed the Jazz so if he is down or out that is a big plus for Utah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom