NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

If the NBA eliminated the 3rd Qtr and games went 1st Qtr, 2nd Qtr, 4th Qtr...the Knicks may be pushing the Warriors all time single season win record.

Anthony Davis is sick! This is three nights after he had 45 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks and 5 steals.

February has been a crazy month for big men in the West. So funny to see Anthony Davis dominate with his athleticism and scoring while Nikola Jokic looks winded and can barely dunk but keeps throwing up triple doubles.

Who had it worse?

KG during his first stint in Minny:

Yeah, he rarely had much. Him and Marbury were set to make them a power and then Marbury forced a trade. Management botched the Joe Smith signing and got hammered with penalties that really set the franchise back if I remember right.

And then they finally got him help for one year with Cassell and Sprewell and they made a run...and the following year Sprewell wouldn’t sign for what they were offering and I don’t think he ever played again.

There was a time (maybe like 2003-05 or so) where I felt Garnett was the best player in the game.

Yeah, he rarely had much. Him and Marbury were set to make them a power and then Marbury forced a trade. Management botched the Joe Smith signing and got hammered with penalties that really set the franchise back if I remember right.

And then they finally got him help for one year with Cassell and Sprewell and they made a run...and the following year Sprewell wouldn’t sign for what they were offering and I don’t think he ever played again.

There was a time (maybe like 2003-05 or so) where I felt Garnett was the best player in the game.

I had Terrell Brandon's rookie card. Was sure he was going to be awesome.

I had Terrell Brandon's rookie card. Was sure he was going to be awesome.

I remember Sports Illustrated running an article in the mid 90’s about how he was the best PG in the NBA. He might’ve even gotten the cover? While I didn’t agree that he was the best, he was really good at the time.

I loved Mark Price so I watched the Cavs a lot back in the early 90s. Loved Brandon as a backup, and those couple years when he started for Cleveland after Price was gone. He was never quite the same in Milwaukee and Minnesota though.

Weird that he was just gone at 31 while still fairly productive. I don’t remember what happened there, assuming he just had enough of the injuries and walked away?

I remember Sports Illustrated running an article in the mid 90’s about how he was the best PG in the NBA. He might’ve even gotten the cover? While I didn’t agree that he was the best, he was really good at the time.

I loved Mark Price so I watched the Cavs a lot back in the early 90s. Loved Brandon as a backup, and those couple years when he started for Cleveland after Price was gone. He was never quite the same in Milwaukee and Minnesota though.

Weird that he was just gone at 31 while still fairly productive. I don’t remember what happened there, assuming he just had enough of the injuries and walked away?

Wikipedia seems to indicate it was injuries that did him in that early. Good memory.

Or LeBron during his first stint in Cleveland:

Can somebody do this for the Carmelo Era in NYC??

Fluck Cleveland and Minnesota, a useless town and state.

Brandon did get the cover; saw that floating around on twitter last night.

I remember the Cavs then were playing so damn slow, I just looked it up, in 96-97, they averaged 82 possessions per game! The game in general was a lot slower (teams averaged 90 possessions per game, it's now 97) and they were 9% below the league average. Just awful. Cavs scored over 100 points 16 times that season, 3 of those games in OT. They scored over 110 once. They scored under 80 points 22 times. 22!!!! They lost one game to the Spurs 64-59.

IMG_1362.PNG

People were busy messing with poor Wesley's Wikipedia page last night.

Harden's broken a lotta ankles -- seeing him make a defender go down in a heap is hardly novel -- but what makes this one a classic is how Harden didn't take the wide-open three, he waited for Wesley to get up and help to rush in before drilling the three. Then he had something to say to Wesley on the way down the court.

That's a man who has confidence in his shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom