NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

People were busy messing with poor Wesley's Wikipedia page last night.

Harden's broken a lotta ankles -- seeing him make a defender go down in a heap is hardly novel -- but what makes this one a classic is how Harden didn't take the wide-open three, he waited for Wesley to get up and help to rush in before drilling the three. Then he had something to say to Wesley on the way down the court.

That's a man who has confidence in his shot.
Also, a man that will poop the bed in the playoffs.

My goodness.

When that shot was in the air i wonder how worried he was it wouldnt go in
Given how much I like to #hatehard, I suspect he didn't care and already considered it a victory no matter what.

So JR Smith threw a bowl of soup at Damon Jones. And as weird as those words might seem, I’m not surprised whatsoever.
Oh you mean the Cavs still have issues?

I am shocked. SHOCKED.

NBA Storylines are so next level. No other league even comes close.
The youngest guys grow up right in front of you in the NBA. Baseball and football have an internship program.

NBA Western Conference playof race. Only four games separate the 3rd through 10th ranked teams with about 19 or 20 to go. Will be interesting to see how the coaches manages this.

NBA Western Conference playof race. Only four games separate the 3rd through 10th ranked teams with about 19 or 20 to go. Will be interesting to see how the coaches manages this.

The western playoff race and also the tanking race at the bottom of the standings are both amazing.

So you know how the Jazz coach Snyder has that serial killer look to him?

I'm at their game against Orlando and he just got tossed with like a minute to go as they we're putting the game away and he legitimately may have killed a ref had Mitchell and Crowder not intervened.

It was awesome.

I'm at their game against Orlando and he just got tossed with like a minute to go as they we're putting the game away and he legitimately may have killed a ref had Mitchell and Crowder not intervened.

It was awesome.
Did you notice the assistant coaches didn't hold him back. They knew better. Mitchell figured he better do something. It's amazing how well Rubio is playing and how much the players like each other.

Hey Fireball Jr. can your Cavs beat a team ahead of the Jazz once in a while and help a team out?

I'd love to see them come to the aid of your squad, starting tomorrow night at Denver and Friday night against the Clippers. Larry Nance Jr. is gonna put the Cavs on his shoulders. New starting center? Tristan Pipp?

Last edited:
I just fell in love with Kevin Love for having the courage and strength to come out of his lifelong protective shell and admit one of his demons is anxiety. This is an even bigger, braver act than LeBron, et al., saying they're not gonna shut up and just dribble.
Kevin Love discloses his battle with panic attacks, calls them 'mental health' issue

Society here and throughout the world is about a century behind on the invisible but often debilitating issues of depression and mental health, and macho males sports locker rooms likely are among the last places you'd expect to find enlightenment, but in the last two weeks, two star basketball players -- DeMar DeRozan and now Kevin Love -- have gone global with their issues. The times, and the locker rooms, are changing.

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 11.12.28 AM.png

Last edited:
So many teams vying for playoff spots and seeding, it’s like a playoff atmosphere every night in a lot of these games. The league is so good right now. Whenever I hear people pine for the 90’s or early 00’s, I can’t help but shake my head.

It was awesome.
I heard today that the last time a Jazz coach was ejected against the Magic it was Jerry Sloan and it happened within two minutes of the tipoff.

So many teams vying for playoff spots and seeding, it’s like a playoff atmosphere every night in a lot of these games. The league is so good right now. Whenever I hear people pine for the 90’s or early 00’s, I can’t help but shake my head.

The western conference playoff race and also the tanking race between the bottom 8 or so teams in the league is just great stuff.

Emmanuel Mudiay has played 9 games with the Knicks, 192 total minutes. In those 192 minutes, the Knicks are being outscored by 20 points per 100. We have truly found our tank commander.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom