NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

So what do you guys think of the Raptors -- legit contender or not? Or the so/so playoff performances of the past sour you on their prospects.

As a Raptors fan, I am like many, very cautious despite our record. Love the young bench however.

Usually, I would be on board.

But until I see someone in the East take down LeBron, I'm cautious with anyone but Cleveland.

With that said, I think GSW turns it on in the playoffs and rolls through everyone.

Usually, I would be on board.

But until I see someone in the East take down LeBron, I'm cautious with anyone but Cleveland.

With that said, I think GSW turns it on in the playoffs and rolls through everyone.
I view it the opposite.

LeBron's been fortunate so far in the East. It's matter of time before he gets bounced.

It happens this season.

I view it the opposite.

LeBron's been fortunate so far in the East. It's matter of time before he gets bounced.

It happens this season.

It's obviously going to happen eventually, and when it does, we probably should have seen it coming. But until it happens, I just don't know.

The Raps bench is great, in Zach Lowe's latest story he had a tidbit that they have a 5 man bench unit with a net rating of like +25. Best in the league!

Jerami Grant replacing Melo as the 3rd member of OKC's Big 3
Grant had another great game last night with 20 points, but there's still some life left in Melo, who has gone 11-18 from behind the arc in his last two games and is morphing into a very good high-volume 3-point shooter. OKC seems to be peaking at the right time and will be a tough out if they can get everyone healthy.

I'm watching Spurs vs Rockets now and hoping for Houston to win (rooting for them for the first time ever). Every time I see Houston they get better. I don't think anyone beats them this season.
I think healthy, interested Warrors will beat them.

I think healthy, interested Warrors will beat them.
I just lost Thompson for a little bit. That hurts them. Should be fine for the playoffs though. I do wonder though if shorter term injuries end up taking a toll once the player is back.

I just lost Thompson for a little bit. That hurts them. Should be fine for the playoffs though. I do wonder though if shorter term injuries end up taking a toll once the player is back.

Obviously every situation is different, but Kevin Durant did ok last year when he came back from the injury. So, I dunno.

Do I love the bet I made saying the Warriors would beat Houston in 5 games or less? I do not.

So the Suns aren't just bad, they're stupid. They were getting blown out by the Jazz, and Chriss went up for a big dunk and kind of got twisted up and missed it and went down. No call.

Jazz inbound the ball, and Dudley levels Rubio out of nowhere. Rubio gets up and gets in Dudley's face, Chriss runs over and then shoves Rubio down. Both Dudley and Chriss got ejected.

There is some bad blood between the teams. A dumb play by Warren on the Suns knocked Exum out until tonight's game actually.

I now believe in the Raptors.

That's really well done.

By the way, I hear there is an end to you tagline.

In a room of conservatives I feel liberal, in a room of liberals I feel conservative, and in a room all alone, I feel myself.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

By the way, if you and I ever bet on anything and I win, you just saw what I'm making you do!

Last edited:
So the Suns aren't just bad, they're stupid. They were getting blown out by the Jazz, and Chriss went up for a big dunk and kind of got twisted up and missed it and went down. No call.

Jazz inbound the ball, and Dudley levels Rubio out of nowhere. Rubio gets up and gets in Dudley's face, Chriss runs over and then shoves Rubio down. Both Dudley and Chriss got ejected.

There is some bad blood between the teams. A dumb play by Warren on the Suns knocked Exum out until tonight's game actually.

Chriss might be my least favorite player in the league. I like nothing about him.

People don’t believe me when I say ‘if they got rid of the 3rd QTR, the Knicks would be pushing 75 wins’...
That's when they throw the game, then make it look good in the 4th

Somebody give Alvin Gentry a medal. Thank you for speaking out about the Officiating towards certain players...and the fellating of one certain player named James Harden.

So sick of everything about that clowns game. Doesn't even attempt to score half the time, just flops, head bobs or swings through trying to get contact instead of shooting/taking it to the hoop like a man.

Fireball Jr. do you think Lue really is sick or do you think they're trying to shake things up a little bit in a way that doesn't kill his reputation?

Fireball Jr. do you think Lue really is sick or do you think they're trying to shake things up a little bit in a way that doesn't kill his reputation?

I'm no doctor, although I played one as a child, but I've thought for awhile Lue did not look healthy, his bad back and other ex-jock ailments aside. He's puffy, put on weight, seemed off.

Seems to be stress: headaches, chest pains, inability to sleep. They're aiming for him to be back next week.

Dr. FBJ recommends rest and what's in Dr. FBJ's medicine cabinet: generic Ambien and Xanax. And some marihuana -- but only the medicinal kind (isn't it all?).

I don't know why anyone would want to be a head coach. They make money, but not even NBA journeymen money. Certainly not Ted Danson money.

I went to college with Nick Saban, I see him and think that for all his money and fame and bad hair dye, he doesn't come across as being happy. He looks downright miserable.

I think Lue's a good coach, still learning how to be the head guy, but I don't think they're trying to deep-six him.

Does anyone remember last year when Lebron lead the league in minutes played and everyone agreed that was kind of ridiculous and they should back off a little?

Well, guess who leads the league in minutes played this year

Does anyone remember last year when Lebron lead the league in minutes played and everyone agreed that was kind of ridiculous and they should back off a little?

Well, guess who leads the league in minutes played this year

Yes, but he's "only" playing 37 and change a night, a second below his career average.

He's in his 15th season, is 33, has played more minutes in his career than Methuselah, has played all 70 games this year and his numbers are ridiculous. Seems strange to say, but I -- and hoops people a whole lot wiser than me -- think LeBron's playing better than he ever has.

Was nice to see Kevin Love back last night. Tristan Thompson coming back soon, too, although while he's been out, the 6-11 kid, Zizic, has gone from riding the bench and playing in the G League to getting a shot and making the most of it, scoring in double figures, rebounding, blocking shots and actually being more of a defensive force at the net than Thompson.

Toronto coming to town tomorrow night, playoffs soon come, it's show-time!

Yes, but he's "only" playing 37 and change a night, a second below his career average.

He's in his 15th season, is 33, has played more minutes in his career than Methuselah, has played all 70 games this year and his numbers are ridiculous. Seems strange to say, but I -- and hoops people a whole lot wiser than me -- think LeBron's playing better than he ever has.

Was nice to see Kevin Love back last night. Tristan Thompson coming back soon, too, although while he's been out, the 6-11 kid, Zizic, has gone from riding the bench and playing in the G League to getting a shot and making the most of it, scoring in double figures, rebounding, blocking shots and actually being more of a defensive force at the net than Thompson.

Toronto coming to town tomorrow night, playoffs soon come, it's show-time!

The only thing I would say against this is that it seems like his defensive play isn't the same as in the past. His offensive numbers are off the charts though.

This is almost certainly a fluke, but he actually has a negative net rating this year. Cavs have been 2.1 per 100 better when he sits. The last 3 years, for instance, he's been about a +17 each year

OKC, a 5-point fave on the road, blew one they needed last night against a Celtics team sans Irving, Smart and Brown. I watched it, still think there's no way OKC could lose.

OKC, a 5-point fave on the road, blew one they needed last night against a Celtics team sans Irving, Smart and Brown. I watched it, still think there's no way OKC could lose.

Watched the end, OKC missed 3 straight FT. really hard to believe

Watched the end, OKC missed 3 straight FT. really hard to believe

Yeah, couldn’t believe Melo missed both. Maybe he gets to the line so infrequently now that it’s hard to get in a groove to knock pressure Ft’s down?

Thing is though - I don’t think they even fouled Melo. They were trying to foul and the ref obviously knew that and he blew the whistle, but when he reached for Melo I don’t think he actually got him.

Was at TD garden for the game last night. Incredible. Shame it had to be melo who blew it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom