NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Great, funny, talented kid. If LBJ's 7-year finals run is gonna end this year -- and I don't think it will -- I would love to see the Sixers win the East. It's far from a fantasy. Team's playing very, very well, coming together when it matters.
Watching Embiid preach the process, then smile and cheer on Fultz’ first few baskets was special. Embiid’s whats right about professional sports imo.

Love this, love Philly (the city and Sixers), best basketball town in the land. My heart belongs to LeBron, but I'm so geeked for my first hoops love in the '60s -- the former Syracuse Nats franchise -- to be good again and in the playoffs. Seven wins in a row, 4th in the East, game back of the Cavs, now this -- the surprise return of the No. 1 pick after being out 68 games.

NCAA tournament, nice. But the NBA playoffs, the real deal, greatest show on Earth. Gonna be fun,

A little controversy in Fultz's post game interview.
Stephen A. calls out Markelle Fultz: He is a 'fool' for dodging injury questions | First Take | ESPN

I wonder how much Philly fan love is there for Fultz today; second game back, bumps his head into Joel Embiid's, now Embiid -- with the Sixers on a roll and half-a-game behind the Cavs with the playoffs starting in two weeks -- has to undergo surgery, is in concussion protocol and will be out 2-4 weeks.

Freak accident, but result sucks. Embiid's tweet is the best, though, as is he. Love the kid!

I wonder how much Philly fan love is there for Fultz today; second game back, bumps his head into Joel Embiid's, now Embiid -- with the Sixers on a roll and half-a-game behind the Cavs with the playoffs starting in two weeks -- has to undergo surgery, is in concussion protocol and will be out 2-4 weeks.

Freak accident, but result sucks. Embiid's tweet is the best, though, as is he. Love the kid!

I have a conspiracy theory that the NBA will give ROY to Mitchell over Simmons and DPOY to Gobert over Embiid because they don't want to encourage "trusting the process" to the rest of the association.

So Grant Hill, Steve Nash, and Maurice Cheeks made the hall of fame.

Chris Webber and Ray Allen didn’t make it. I’m sure they will.

I remember the narrative on guys like Hill and McGrady being “they would’ve been hall of famers if not for injuries”. Now they ARE Hall of Famers. Not complaining, just an observation. Seems like certain longevity standards no longer apply and there’s more “cmon, this guy was amazing at his peak” type guys getting in.

I remember the narrative on guys like Hill and McGrady being “they would’ve been hall of famers if not for injuries”. Now they ARE Hall of Famers. Not complaining, just an observation. Seems like certain longevity standards no longer apply and there’s more “cmon, this guy was amazing at his peak” type guys getting in.

If that ever starts happening in the baseball HOF

don-mattingly-new-york-yankees-autographed-photograph-3357451.jpg

I was debating Hill with my friend yesterday.

I think maybe Hill gets the benefit of the doubt because its a basketball HOF vs NBA HOF; the guy was so damn great at his peak, and he stayed in college for 4 years at a time when guys were coming out after 2. Say he comes out after 2 instead, and now his NBA career likely has 2 more high level seasons; his case is a lot better, right?

Also, I know Hill hung around a lot as a role player, but he did play for a long time. He went to school for 4 years, missed time for injury, but the guy did play 1,026 games. Here are some HOF around him in NBA games played
Walt Bellamy- 1043
Oscar Robertson- 1040
Chet Walker-1018
Gail Goodrich-1031
Joe Dumars-1018
Calvin Murphy 100
David Robinson-987
Chris Mullin-986
Isaiah Thomas-979
Mitch Richmond-976
Kevin McHale-971

Like, it's really not that bad, is it?

Ray Allen should totally be in, what am I missing there?

I think maybe Hill gets the benefit of the doubt because its a basketball HOF vs NBA HOF; the guy was so damn great at his peak, and he stayed in college for 4 years at a time when guys were coming out after 2. Say he comes out after 2 instead, and now his NBA career likely has 2 more high level seasons; his case is a lot better, right?

Also, I know Hill hung around a lot as a role player, but he did play for a long time. He went to school for 4 years, missed time for injury, but the guy did play 1,026 games. Here are some HOF around him in NBA games played
Walt Bellamy- 1043
Oscar Robertson- 1040
Chet Walker-1018
Gail Goodrich-1031
Joe Dumars-1018
Calvin Murphy 100
David Robinson-987
Chris Mullin-986
Isaiah Thomas-979
Mitch Richmond-976
Kevin McHale-971

Yeah, he played for a long time. But his last great season was his 6th year in the league at age 27. He missed much of the next 4 seasons and by the time he was able to play most of a season again he had a couple more pretty good years and then was a role player.

I’m glad he’s in though.

And yeah, Ray Allen...no idea why he didn’t go in this year.

Yeah, he played for a long time. But his last great season was his 6th year in the league at age 27. He missed much of the next 4 seasons and by the time he was able to play most of a season again he had a couple more pretty good years and then was a role player.

I’m glad he’s in though.

And yeah, Ray Allen...no idea why he didn’t go in this year.

Yeah I get it, I was really just surprised that ended up with as many games as he did. (The Suns medical staff is amazing; from ages 36-38 Hill missed a total of 3 games)

Thoughts?
At this point I'm actively rooting for Simmons over Mitchell for ROY because I believe that's going to royally piss him off (and Gobert will feel slighted by that too because he's insane, which is fun because Rudy needs anger fuel to burn brightest) and Simmons will become a little bit shorter Wade with a better jumper.

Walt Bellamy- 1043
Oscar Robertson- 1040
Chet Walker-1018
Gail Goodrich-1031
Joe Dumars-1018
Calvin Murphy 100
David Robinson-987
Chris Mullin-986
Isaiah Thomas-979
Mitch Richmond-976
Kevin McHale-971

Looks like Ray Allen is in. He wasn’t included in the initial reports I read.

The Spurs somehow still can win 50 games this year if they finish the year 5-0 (@LAC, @LAL, Por, Sac, @NO). Don't think they will, but have a shot. They have won 8 out of 10.

They thumped Houston today.

If the playoffs were to start right now they would have home court against OKC and then likely play Houston in round 2.

The Spurs somehow still can win 50 games this year if they finish the year 5-0 (@LAC, @LAL, Por, Sac, @NO). Don't think they will, but have a shot. They have won 8 out of 10.

They thumped Houston today.

If the playoffs were to start right now they would have home court against OKC and then likely play Houston in round 2.
Yeah, Spurs have turned it on.

Meanwhile, Thibs is burning out his Wolves in the regular season.

Yeah, Spurs have turned it on.

Meanwhile, Thibs is burning out his Wolves in the regular season.

I saw an amazing stat, the Wolves 5 man starting unit has played something like 200 more possessions together than any other 5 man unit in the league. And Butler has been out injured for over a month now??

Is Brad Stevens a shoe-in for CoY at this point? I would've said Casey had it pretty much locked up, but these last few weeks have been incredible for the Celtics, beating OKC, Utah and Toronto with a G-league bench.

I saw an amazing stat, the Wolves 5 man starting unit has played something like 200 more possessions together than any other 5 man unit in the league. And Butler has been out injured for over a month now??
Seriously, it's a joke.

Is Brad Stevens a shoe-in for CoY at this point? I would've said Casey had it pretty much locked up, but these last few weeks have been incredible for the Celtics, beating OKC, Utah and Toronto with a G-league bench.

Larry Drew.

I think Nate McMillan deserves strong consideration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom