NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Yeah, couldn’t believe Melo missed both. Maybe he gets to the line so infrequently now that it’s hard to get in a groove to knock pressure Ft’s down?

Thing is though - I don’t think they even fouled Melo. They were trying to foul and the ref obviously knew that and he blew the whistle, but when he reached for Melo I don’t think he actually got him.
He does rarely get to the line now, and he's getting there even less frequently in recent weeks (almost never) as he's become primarily a 3-point shooter. Still, I was surprised to see him miss both in that spot, as he had just drained two 3s to help build that lead.

Yeah, he’s pretty good.

It's still amazing he has a negative net rating this year. Some of that is a fluke, I'm, sure, but the Cavs defensive rating is 9 points better when he sits.

Watching some of the game last night, love the Raps bench unit. Pascal Siakam was actually making plays off the dribble and hitting corner 3's. Whoa!

Lebron had 35 points and 17 assists last night, plus 0 turnovers. Of those 17 assists, 11 of them lead to 3 pointers. Good lord
LeBron played a perfect game basically and the Cavs only won by 3 at home.

Toronto is the favorite in the East.

You're probably right, but then again, I wouldn't put it past Lebron to have a perfect playoff run. (They are also still missing some guys, Nance, Hood, Thompson)

Cavs were a 1 1/2-pt favorite, they won by "only" 3 after giving up 79 in the first half and being down 15. They also played without Tristan Thompson, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance Jr. Cedi Osman and Kyle Korver. Plus, Ty Lue's out, but Larry Drew's a good fill-in and, of course, they have a coach on the court.

The Cavs aren't sweeping the Raptors this year, series maybe would go 6, even 7, but, as much as I like my neighbors across the lake, LeBron's in their way. What LeBron did last did was not unique. The Cavs are a lottery team without him.

Cavs were a 1 1/2-pt favorite, they won by "only" 3 after giving up 79 in the first half and being down 15. They also played without Tristan Thompson, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance Jr. Cedi Osman and Kyle Korver. Plus, Ty Lue's out, but Larry Drew's a good fill-in and, of course, they have a coach on the court.

The Cavs aren't sweeping the Raptors this year, series maybe would go 6, even 7, but, as much as I like my neighbors across the lake, LeBron's in their way. What LeBron did last did was not unique. The Cavs are a lottery team without him.

If the team gets healthy over the next few weeks, I still think they take the East without too much trouble.

Grizzlies lose by 61 tonight... when do you ever see that in the NBA?

Grizzlies lose by 61 tonight... when do you ever see that in the NBA?

I figured i would see some tweets about how this was the largest margin of victory since X, but i never did. 61 points, how embarrassing.

A lot of teams should have picked him.

It cracks me up that twice the Jazz traded to get a Denver pick and ended up with franchise cornerstones.

Oh man, forgot the details of that Gobert deal. Utah just bought the pick.

So Kyrie and Steph are both out for a while.

That sucks.
Jazz 8.5 point favorites over the Warriors in Oakland tonight. Warriors will be playing walk ons.

Last edited:
Jazz 8.5 point favorites over the Warriors in Oakland tonight. Warriors will be playing walk ons.
Jazz up 24 after 3 periods. So the Western Conference standings get tighter. All of the seeds 4 through 8 have either 31 or 32 losses with anywhere from 5 to 8 games left.

Love this, love Philly (the city and Sixers), best basketball town in the land. My heart belongs to LeBron, but I'm so geeked for my first hoops love in the '60s -- the former Syracuse Nats franchise -- to be good again and in the playoffs. Seven wins in a row, 4th in the East, game back of the Cavs, now this -- the surprise return of the No. 1 pick after being out 68 games.

NCAA tournament, nice. But the NBA playoffs, the real deal, greatest show on Earth. Gonna be fun,

Love this, love Philly (the city and Sixers), best basketball town in the land. My heart belongs to LeBron, but I'm so geeked for my first hoops love in the '60s -- the former Syracuse Nats franchise -- to be good again and in the playoffs. Seven wins in a row, 4th in the East, game back of the Cavs, now this -- the surprise return of the No. 1 pick after being out 68 games.

NCAA tournament, nice. But the NBA playoffs, the real deal, greatest show on Earth. Gonna be fun,

Great to see him back and looking good. And yeah, if he can be a factor that really makes Philly dangerous. Gives them a guard that can break down a defense and get his own shot and him along with Bellinelli and Illysova(nice pickups) gives them a much better bench than they had a couple months ago.

I am a celtics die hard.

I find it very hard not to watch embiid and the 6ers and not appreciate and root them on.

Embiid is an unreal talent, and a special guy it seems like.

I am a celtics die hard.

I find it very hard not to watch embiid and the 6ers and not appreciate and root them on.

Embiid is an unreal talent, and a special guy it seems like.

Great, funny, talented kid. If LBJ's 7-year finals run is gonna end this year -- and I don't think it will -- I would love to see the Sixers win the East. It's far from a fantasy. Team's playing very, very well, coming together when it matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom