NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

LeBron deserves MVP.

Harden will get the MVP 'cause he's never won one and he's finished twice twice. It'll be his career achievement award. Mazel tov, James, and a big whoop-de-doo.

The award's name is misleading -- it's not for the most valuable player, it's for the player who's had an exceptionally good season and whose team has the most wins, or close to it. And that's Harden.

But LeBron, overall, has better numbers and is the only reason many believe a No. 4 seed is a good bet to get to the finals. It's purely hypothetical, but have Harden and James swap teams and, I'd wager a buck or two, that the Rockets would be pretty, pretty good and the Cavs would have way less of a shot of getting to the finals.

LeBron has 4 MVPs, should have more, and he has 3 Finals MVPs, and, I'd guess, he values those way more than a "pre-season" award. The real season begins this weekend. NBA playoffs, greatest show on Earth. Let the games begin!

If this holds, it looks like Minny in the 8 seed, SAS in the 7 seed, and then 3-6 still TBD based on Jazz/Trailblazers.

Granted, Denver could still come back.

GSW without Steph versus SAS is a little interesting. Becomes a lot more interesting if Kawhi comes back.

I think the Minny/Houston series could be an interesting one. Don't think Minny can win, but should be fun.

Great achievement, but just from the box in the second quarter, it looked like his teammates were getting out of the way and letting Russ get all the rebounds.

At times I think he’s great and at times I think he’s a swole Michael Adams Stat Padder Supreme.

Torn.

Man I can’t believe how hard Toronto is playing right now.
They playing Lowry and DeRozen crunch time.
They must really want 60.

The Timberwolves just ran the worst last possession play I've maybe ever seen.
Thibs is an underrated overrated coach.
Doc Rivers gets a lot of crap but man I don’t care Butler missed games this Twolves team shouldn’t be playing for their lives now.

Boston avoiding Washington thanks to Orlando.
Thank you Orlando G league team.

Philly has a free run to the ECF.
As I see Boston having enough to beat the Bucks.
LeBron has a real tough path.
A solid Indiana squad.
Then I think the 2 most talented teams in the East with Boston’s Irving and Hayward out in Toronto-Washington.

The Raptors got a horrible draw.
Washington-Cleveland just to get to the ECF.

Can the Knicks throw an insane amount of dollars at Jay Wright and hope he takes it please.

Boston did it with Brad Stevens.
Thank god zombie boeheim is after wins and not dollars

Can the Knicks throw an insane amount of dollars at Jay Wright and hope he takes it please.

Boston did it with Brad Stevens.
Knowing Dolan, he will probably go after Calamari.

Warriors tanked the last game so they only had to play one of Utah, Houston, OKC to make the finals

I saw a clip of it.

I try not to buy into the persecution complex, but I'm getting tired of seeing people saying Simmons is a no brainer ROY and Gobert shouldn't win DPOY because of the games he missed. I saw a thing that the Jazz were #14 in defense when Gobert came back and are now #1 - that is a LOT of ground to makeup. The last rookie guard before Donovan Mitchell to lead their team in scoring and make the playoffs was Michael Jordan.

Zach Lowe did a pretty good write-up on his awards ballot today.

I really do think Simmons is a no brainer, it's not a knock on Mitchell, but Simmons is also a very good defender, I think when you add that in, it tips the scales pretty clearly in his favor. It's bad timing for Mitchell though, it sucks that he's not goign to win it and Malcolm Brogdon, for instance, won last year.

Gobert I think I agree on. Lowe has some real good stats in his piece. Would recommend it, if you haven't already read it.

Warriors tanked the last game so they only had to play one of Utah, Houston, OKC to make the finals
If Utah won last night they would have been the 3 seed.
Golden State tanked because they aren’t healthy and are bored.
They got lucky they get the Spurs first round without Steph as I think any of the other Western teams would have given them more fits.

It’s amazing how lucky the Warriors got and how unlucky the Raptors got.
The East 1 and 2 seeds could lose first round.

The Timberwolves just ran the worst last possession play I've maybe ever seen.

That was awful, so were a lot of possessions prior to that. One or two earlier, I think they ran a pick and roll with Teague and Gibson? I understand they wanted to get Jokic involved, but you have KAT and Jimmy Butler on your team, maybe they should have the ball in your most important possessions of the season?

Gibson was a beast on the defensive end though.

If this Boston team makes it to the ECF we should a absolutely keep Brown, Tatum and Rozier till the bitter end.

I realize Rozier paired with a draft pick is a match made for a great trade. But kyrie’s always a play away from missing months.

We have a great team and picks. Lets not overplay the hand for another health liabilty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom