NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I missed the NBA.

Such a great night on paper with the two matchups we have. I'm torn between watching my beloved Cubs try to stay alive against the Dodgers versus watching opening night of the NBA.

Oh man, that’s just awful. You can only hope like Paul George, that he has a full recovery and comes back the same player eventually. Major bummer to start the season.

That looked like a lot more than just a torn ACL. Looked like his toes were touching his damn kneecap.

That may be the worst I've seen. He likely has a dislocation and a serious, serious break. Foot was turned the wrong way and bone was about to bust out of his leg.

Worst injury since Kevin Ware.

Ware’s injury made me throw up.

It’s knee dislocation.

Worst injury since Kevin Ware.

Ware’s injury made me throw up.

It’s knee dislocation.

Gotta be a fracture. My immediate thought wasn't knee ligament... Fracture. But wow... So sad.

Gotta be a fracture. My immediate thought wasn't knee ligament... Fracture. But wow... So sad.
Hopefully it’s bone and not ligament.

Bones heal. Ligaments cause scar tissue.

He is a tough SOB for how he handled that pain. I would have been screaming like a banshee.

That was a bada$$ commercial from Nike.

How can they use “Shut ‘Em Down”, when PE was talking about shutting THEM down in part of that song? Like...I’m stumped.

“I like Nike, but wait a minute.
The neighborhood supports, so put some money
in it
All corporations owe
They gotta give up the dough to my town
Or else we gotta Shut ‘em down”

Last edited:
As hard as it was for me not to root for Gordie Hayward when he left the Jazz like he did, I am saddened by this injury he suffered tonight. OMG. Get well!!!

Can't expect Boston to bounce back this game from that. Rotations are screwed up and have to deal with a teammate that just went through that. Brutal.

Who takes his slot in the starting lineup now?

I can't even begin to image what's going through Hayward's mind. I'm depressed just sitting on my couch. Not even a big Celtics fan.

Hopefully it’s bone and not ligament.

Bones heal. Ligaments cause scar tissue.

He is a tough SOB for how he handled that pain. I would have been screaming like a banshee.
Shock

Early reports are Fibula fracture.

They will need swelling to go down before an MRI can determine ligament damage.

Ankle fracture dislocation according to this doctor. Man I really hate the east. Was hoping Boston could compete with Cleveland. This just made this season garbage again.

Early reports are Fibula fracture.

They will need swelling to go down before an MRI can determine ligament damage.

TNT reporter just said fractured ankle is the initial report. I certainly can believe broken fibula but where did you see that?

I just hope their is no ligament damage.
Again it’s fractured ankle/fibula the bones will heal and get better.

TNT reporter just said fractured ankle is the initial report. I certainly can believe broken fibula but where did you see that?
Boston sports doctor I follow on Twitter.
She is one of the doctors for the Patriots.

Tatum's going to need to have a big year.

Hope Gordon gets healthy.

Spot just opened up on the Eastern conference all-star team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom