NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Dirk has to be playing for some reason. I mean he doesn’t need the money and Dallas isn’t winning more than mid 20 games.
Boston-Dallas play again in early December the Mavs could trade him and he would never play a game against them.

I think he has to be on the block and it would have to be an Eastern team to happen and really that is Cleveland or Boston.
Cleveland doesn’t have anything to trade.
Cavs would part ways with Shumpert, have tried apparently. They also have Brooklyn's draft pick, but I'd think they'd want a lot more than Dirk for that.

O'Quinn is a fa at the end of the season (player option I assume he won't exercise). He's a good/solid player, but the Knicks have a lot of big guys.

I'm also assuming the Knicks kind of fall off the pace a little bit, if they continue to play well and are in the playoff race, maybe that's different. But if they could get some kind of a first for him, and open up playing time for Willy, I think you gotta do it,.

Agree 100% wasn’t aware he was a FA at end of year. He will sign next year with somebody for a good amount of $ that will leave you scratching your head a bit. Like the Kelly Olynick deal in Miami

Agree 100% wasn’t aware he was a FA at end of year. He will sign next year with somebody for a good amount of $ that will leave you scratching your head a bit. Like the Kelly Olynick deal in Miami

Doug McDermott is a restricted FA too, he's playing very well so far. Making himself a lot of $.

Lakers are wearing their home golds and for some reason the Bulls are wearing white on the road. Looks stupid having two light colored jerseys out there.

Light at home, dark on the road. Simple. Don’t mess with it.
New NBA rules on jerseys.

LOOK: NBA eliminates home and road uniforms, teases new Nike jerseys

I hated the Lakers wearing gold at Boston. Even if the Celtics choose to wear green the Lakers should always wear purple at Boston.

More impressive than the Boston Celtics 16-game winning streak.
The Celtics are a ridiculous 14-1-1 against the Las Vegas number over that stretch.

lets get some Knick 41-10 in the 3rd QTR love going.

screw the lakers and Celtics.

I think Wily is too raw for what this Knick team is accomplishing, just like Noah is too done.

don't mess with it...

Miami was good tonight.
Dion is a talented kid but man does he chuck it up in crunch time.
He gets the ball and never passes.
He made some clutch shots but he also took some bad shots.

Miami is a good medicore team. They can beat anyone.

Miami was good tonight.
Dion is a talented kid but man does he chuck it up in crunch time.
He gets the ball and never passes.
He made some clutch shots but he also took some bad shots.

Miami is a good medicore team. They can beat anyone.

Yeah, Dion literally dribbled on the perimeter for a few seconds, tried to go to the hole but had nothing so he kept dribbling right under the basket and back out to the perimeter, dribbled some more out there to set up his jumper and then let it fly. Then he did the same exact thing again the next possession! Lol.

Still, he had a couple huge 3’s, plus the dunk off the great cut on the inbounds play.

lets get some Knick 41-10 in the 3rd QTR love going.

screw the lakers and Celtics.

I think Wily is too raw for what this Knick team is accomplishing, just like Noah is too done.

don't mess with it...
Can we talk about how good Hardaway has been for them? I still think they could have gotten him for a lot less but he’s turning into a solid wingman with the ability to take over games like he did last night. I still think not having a tier one point guard is going to bite them in the butt at some point after the calendar turns but they are fun to watch. Also need another 2g/sf who can score off the bench as I ain’t buying into what Dougie McBucket is selling.

Can we talk about how good Hardaway has been for them? I still think they could have gotten him for a lot less but he’s turning into a solid wingman with the ability to take over games like he did last night. I still think not having a tier one point guard is going to bite them in the butt at some point after the calendar turns but they are fun to watch. Also need another 2g/sf who can score off the bench as I ain’t buying into what Dougie McBucket is selling.
McBuckets is better than Novak, so at least we got that going for us.

Hardaway is over priced, but has been spectacular in being better than worse opponents. Too often they played below their abilities, not happening this year. I’m worried about the Jan-Feb grind but with Frankie Frenchie not playing more than 15mins now, maybe he grow to about 25 and give us that. Baker has yet to play and he will provide some good D and minutes as well.

40 Wins would be glorious.

Check out Russ clearly hunting for that 10th assist in garbage time and upset when his teammate doesn’t shoot it, and KD and Curry dying laughing at him on the bench.

They better not blame Melo when this doesn’t work. Russ is a clown.

Hardaway has been better than I thought/feared, Filling up the box score more than he has in the past.

Check out Russ clearly hunting for that 10th assist in garbage time and upset when his teammate doesn’t shoot it, and KD and Curry dying laughing at him on the bench.

They better not blame Melo when this doesn’t work. Russ is a clown.

Just want to be clear; Melo's going to have no blame? It's kinda funny that when Melo was the best player on the team, it wasn't his fault, it was the lack of help around him, and now when he's not the best player on the team, it's time to blame the best player on the team. (I'm not saying I'mm 100% team Russ here or anything; look at how Oladipo has done away from him, I'm just saying, it's kinda funny)

Derrick Rose taking time away from the Cavs; I for one am stunned this isn't working out.

Hardaway has been better than I thought/feared, Filling up the box score more than he has in the past.

Just want to be clear; Melo's going to have no blame? It's kinda funny that when Melo was the best player on the team, it wasn't his fault, it was the lack of help around him, and now when he's not the best player on the team, it's time to blame the best player on the team.

Derrick Rose taking time away from the Cavs; I for one am stunned this isn't working out.

When Melo was the best player on his team, he had a terrible supporting cast.

Russ has two all stars to help him. He’s a great player but you can’t be out there playing for stats like that. He does it all the time too. It’s completely ridiculous.

When Melo was the best player on his team, he had a terrible supporting cast.

Russ has two all stars to help him. He’s a great player but you can’t be out there playing for stats like that. He does it all the time too. It’s completely ridiculous.

He definitely does it all the time, it was like the entire point of last season I think. So I'm not disagreeing with you there (though doing it in a 20 point game in the final minute isn't the end of the world, if you ask me)

But if it doesn't work in OKC (however you want to define that), Melo should get some of the blame. As should Russ. As should PG. Etc.

Fwiw, Melo's true shooting right now is nearly identical to what it was each of the last 3 years. (Seriously it;s been 53. something for the last 4 years) And you can't exactly say the Knicks are missing him right now.

He definitely does it all the time, it was like the entire point of last season I think. So I'm not disagreeing with you there (though doing it in a 20 point game in the final minute isn't the end of the world, if you ask me)

But if it doesn't work in OKC (however you want to define that), Melo should get some of the blame. As should Russ. As should PG. Etc.

Fwiw, Melo's true shooting right now is nearly identical to what it was each of the last 3 years. (Seriously it;s been 53. something for the last 4 years) And you can't exactly say the Knicks are missing him right now.

It was the right move for both parties to move on...and it should’ve happened a year or two earlier IMO. Knicks weren’t going anywhere, why would they want a high priced, older star who would be washed up by the time they rebuild around him...and Melo needed to get somewhere where he had someone to play with.

I’m pretty sure the Knicks have started seasons decently at least once or twice in the previous few years. We’ll see how they hold up, it’s a long grind of a season.

Stat padding like that is just such a scrubby thing to do. It’s like a Ricky Davis thing to do. Not a top guy on a winner thing to do. It’s just a terrible mentality to have. Hard to win anything when your best guy looks at the game that way. Shows me he doesn’t really get it, despite how good he is. Shows how guys look at him that Steph and KD started cracking up after Russ threw his hands up in frustration when Adams didn’t shoot it.

It was the right move for both parties to move on...and it should’ve happened a year or two earlier IMO. Knicks weren’t going anywhere, why would they want a high priced, older star who would be washed up by the time they rebuild around him...and Melo needed to get somewhere where he had someone to play with.

I’m pretty sure the Knicks have started seasons decently at least once or twice in the previous few years. We’ll see how they hold up, it’s a long grind of a season.

Stat padding like that is just such a scrubby thing to do. It’s like a Ricky Davis thing to do. Not a top guy on a winner thing to do. It’s just a terrible mentality to have. Hard to win anything when your best guy looks at the game that way. Shows me he doesn’t really get it, despite how good he is. Shows how guys look at him that Steph and KD started cracking up after Russ threw his hands up in frustration when Adams didn’t shoot it.

They were like 14-10 just last year, so yeah.

I'm not defending Russ here. I don't think it reflects well on him. Just being clear. Did you read Jack McCallum's book about the Warriors? Has some quotes in there about how they aren't really afraid of Russ. Think a play like that is part of the reason

They were like 14-10 just last year, so yeah.

I'm not defending Russ here. I don't think it reflects well on him. Just being clear. Did you read Jack McCallum's book about the Warriors? Has some quotes in there about how they aren't really afraid of Russ. Think a play like that is part of the reason

No way OKC can take down GSW with Russ as the man. Zero. Don't think they could even get one game in a playoff series.

Same reason why I think SAS have a better shot than Houston to take a game or so off of them.

Just want to be clear; Melo's going to have no blame? It's kinda funny that when Melo was the best player on the team, it wasn't his fault, it was the lack of help around him, and now when he's not the best player on the team, it's time to blame the best player on the team. (I'm not saying I'mm 100% team Russ here or anything; look at how Oladipo has done away from him, I'm just saying, it's kinda funny)

Looks like Rose's done. Too bad, somewhat sad, but probably best he walk away while he can still walk.

Plus, as hard as it must be trying to embrace the rapid decline from MVP to DNP and his body's breakdown at his prime, it would've been bad and sad for Rose to come back and be No. 3 point guard behind Isaiah and Calderon -- No. 4 counting LeBron.

How great would Derrick Rose have been if he never got hurt?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom