NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Looks like Rose's done. Too bad, somewhat sad, but probably best he walk away while he can still walk.

Plus, as hard as it must be trying to embrace the rapid decline from MVP to DNP and his body's breakdown at his prime, it would've been bad and sad for Rose to come back and be No. 3 point guard behind Isaiah and Calderon -- No. 4 counting LeBron.

How great would Derrick Rose have been if he never got hurt?
He apparently forfeits a ton of money from his adidas deal if he walks. Like 35 million. Crazy decision to have to make.

He apparently forfeits a ton of money from his adidas deal if he walks. Like 35 million. Crazy decision to have to make.

Hate to be in his sneakers, A sad future 30 for 30 for sure. I thought Derrick -- or the voters -- stole an MVP from LBJ seven seasons ago, now I'm glad Rose has that trophy. A small consolation prize.

Celtics fans better player Jae Crowder or Marcus Morris?

Watching both play I think Morris is the better player. Stevens system obviously helps both but I watched Cleveland-Charlotte after the Celtics game was over early and I didn’t think the guy is the same player.
Morris is basically doing everything Crowder did and is the higher upside player.
The lazy narrative was Cleveland won the Kyrie trade just because of Crowder his defense wasn’t the same from 2 years ago.

Thunder need to stop giving the ball to Westbrook at the end of games. The other 46-47 minutes, yes, but the dude is not as clutch and Melo or PG.

Watching both play I think Morris is the better player. Stevens system obviously helps both but I watched Cleveland-Charlotte after the Celtics game was over early and I didn’t think the guy is the same player.
Morris is basically doing everything Crowder did and is the higher upside player.
The lazy narrative was Cleveland won the Kyrie trade just because of Crowder his defense wasn’t the same from 2 years ago.

I think that Morris fit nicely to fill in for Crowder. No real drop off. I like crowder but was always confused that he was off limits in trade talks. I worried when he left but have been pleasantly surprised with Morris. I will say I️ always liked Kyrie but truly didn’t appreciate how good he is until now. And Tatum is the real deal

For our system? Morris. I was BITTER that he was the “replacement” but he’s performed well with what we have.

There may be a day when Dwight Howard grows up, but apparently it won't be today.

Watch: Dwight Howard makes lewd gesture vs. Cavs

Remember when this guy was talking about being a virgin as he entered the NBA and wanted the NBA logo changed to a cross or something and his favorite movie was Finding Nemo? Lol. Now he’s got like 8 kids by 8 different women, and does things like make dick jokes to women reporters and lewd gestures to fans.

Remember when this guy was talking about being a virgin as he entered the NBA and wanted the NBA logo changed to a cross or something and his favorite movie was Finding Nemo? Lol. Now he’s got like 8 kids by 8 different women, and does things like make dick jokes to women reporters and lewd gestures to fans.

Exactly! I thought I remembered he was supposed to be a real classy kid that was brought up right and was prepared to handle the NBA spotlight.

Thunder need to stop giving the ball to Westbrook at the end of games. The other 46-47 minutes, yes, but the dude is not as clutch and Melo or PG.

Melo has hit several big shots this year in those situations. He was wide open on that play too. Westbrook creating and drawing the D and kicking to an open Melo or PG seems like the better bet than Westbrook chucking a highly contested shot.

I never understood why people enjoyed watching Westbrook and Harden. Can’t stand the selfish look at me play

For our system? Morris. I was BITTER that he was the “replacement” but he’s performed well with what we have.

"Our system?" Cool, I like imagining who's behind these online pseudonyms and avatars.

Three guesses, wink if I'm close: Jo Jo White? Dee Brown? Harry Mangurian?

One more: Johnny Most Jr.?

I never understood why people enjoyed watching Westbrook and Harden. Can’t stand the selfish look at me play

They are a hard, hard watch.

I hated watching OKC even in the last year Durant was there.

I don’t enjoy Harden at all, though can’t argue that under Pringles it’s at least been effective in winning games. I just can’t stand that play to draw fouls style. It’s as bad as the college coaches who Center their defensive schemes on drawing charges. That’s just not the game I fell in love with.

I used to feel the same way about Kyrie. Different systems make a difference. Though Kyrie’s goal when he goes to the rack is to score(not draw fouls) and it’s a beautiful thing to watch.

Makes you wonder if Howard was actually a genuine kid who got caught up in the NBA lifestyle(which must be incredibly easy to do, especially for a teenager/early 20s guy) or if that was all marketing due to the NBA’s so called “thuggish” image at the time. That was the Iverson(OMG! Tats and cornrows and baggy pants!) era, the Ron Artest in the stands, David Stern putting in a dress code, etc. Were they trying to push Howard as a squeaky clean choir boy just to counteract that and it wasn’t really him?

Little of both?

They are a hard, hard watch.

I hated watching OKC even in the last year Durant was there.

I don’t enjoy Harden at all, though can’t argue that under Pringles it’s at least been effective in winning games. I just can’t stand that play to draw fouls style. It’s as bad as the college coaches who Center their defensive schemes on drawing charges. That’s just not the game I fell in love with.

I used to feel the same way about Kyrie. Different systems make a difference. Though Kyrie’s goal when he goes to the rack is to score(not draw fouls) and it’s a beautiful thing to watch.

I enjoy watching Bron, Kawhi, KD (begrudgingly) and Steph. I also feel those are the top four players in the nba.

I think Harden and Russ are a notch below.

Giannis in there, too.

I enjoy watching Bron, Kawhi, KD (begrudgingly) and Steph. I also feel those are the top four players in the nba.

I think Harden and Russ are a notch below.

Giannis in there, too.

I enjoy watching KD a lot more in GS than I did his last year in OKC. I enjoy watching Kawhi, Steph, Chris Paul, Lillard, Giannis, Embiid, Simmons, etc...lots of guys.

Harden and Russ are great players, I really don’t enjoy them.

Lebron I enjoy, though not as much as the other greats of similar stature(Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, etc). He’s certainly on the same level, and I enjoy his passing but aesthetically I don’t find his game as pleasing as those guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom