NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

So lookin' forward to the sick reception this 17-year-old-lookin' super-overachiever is gonna get when he steps onto the court in a Cavs uni in Boston Jan. 3. I hope LBJ passes up a dunk to swing it to Isaiah for the game-winner at the buzzer.

Great final scene in this vid.

Think you are right. They'd have to go like 45-5 for him to win it.

Guess Bron will just have to win it.

I don’t really root for him or enjoy watching him, but I think Harden would have to be the early front runner.

Agreed.

I'm biased. I think Bron should basically win it each year he plays.

I think he's still the best player, but not sure he should be the MVP, if that makes sense. There were a few years where he was on cruise control a little, and may not have been the best player over the course of the regular season.

I don’t really root for him or enjoy watching him, but I think Harden would have to be the early front runner.

Gotta be the early favorite. Cavs need to stay hot for Lebron to pass him.

I think he's still the best player, but not sure he should be the MVP, if that makes sense. There were a few years where he was on cruise control a little, and may not have been the best player over the course of the regular season.

Gotta be the early favorite. Cavs need to stay hot for Lebron to pass him.
Just like Tom Brady isn’t going to win the MVP when if you look at his last 3 years it’s same LeBron.
The voters want to give it to the new flavor of the year.

Just like Tom Brady isn’t going to win the MVP when if you look at his last 3 years it’s same LeBron.
The voters want to give it to the new flavor of the year.

Kind of but the distinction I was making is that while I thought Lebron was the best player, I didn't think he was deserving of the mvp, he wouldn't have gotten my vote, I thought Steph was better during the regular season. Lebron proved his point in the finals though.

And the last year plus, Lebron has played a ton of minutes and is averaging crazy #'s.

So, Donovan Mitchell just hung 40 on the Pelicans.

I don't remember him being so dynamic at Louisville. He's destroying NBA players.

Was a nice player at Lville, I don't think anyone saw this coming.

Why is Kevin Durant always trying to act tough now? He’d obviously get folded up in a fight with most other players. Why’s he acting tough and getting thrown out of games all the time now?

Great player. Weird guy.

Why is Kevin Durant always trying to act tough now? He’d obviously get folded up in a fight with most other players. Why’s he acting tough and getting thrown out of games all the time now?

Great player. Weird guy.

We're talking about a guy who created burner twitter accounts to defend himself to randos on twitter, so hard to say where he's at mentally

I was just reading about Durant; i didnt realize he had been ejected from 3 games this year. 3! He's played 20 games all year!!!

I have a theory, thinking about OKC.

Super teams built by selection (draft) are likely to succeed.

Super teams built by choice (free agency) are likely to succeed.

Super teams that are constructed (trade) will struggle to succeed.

Choice matters. In the absence of choice, growing up together matters. In the absence of choice and growing up together, stars will find it difficult to align their games.

Eh?

Lonzo Ball looks so medicore to be kind.
The guy has a lot of work to do.

This Lakers-Sixers game is a lot of fun.

Though Walton still apparently thinks Randle can guard Embiid one on one. I don’t get it.

This Lakers-Sixers game is a lot of fun.

Though Walton still apparently thinks Randle can guard Embiid one on one. I don’t get it.

I can't believe how skinny Randle looks though!

I have a theory, thinking about OKC.

Super teams built by selection (draft) are likely to succeed.

Super teams built by choice (free agency) are likely to succeed.

Super teams that are constructed (trade) will struggle to succeed.

Choice matters. In the absence of choice, growing up together matters. In the absence of choice and growing up together, stars will find it difficult to align their games.

Eh?

That's a real interesting theory. Really interesting, I bet there's something to that, though the sample size of super teams is probably too small to do anything with it.

Also think it's probably worth pointing out OKC isn't really a super team. But I take your point, like I said, I guess I just wish the sample size was larger.

Also, Miami started slow the first year they got Lebron and Bosh. Still pretty early for OKC, I think they will be good but not great

Last edited:
I think the big question is which method were the 2016-17 Knicks built by?

Trying to come up with a triangle joke, it's not really happening.

Not sure if everyone in this thread is aware, but to explain my joke, last year Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks and the Warriors as "the super teams".

Not sure if everyone in this thread is aware, but to explain my joke, last year Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks and the Warriors as "the super teams".
Yeah I knew where you were going with it.

If they haven't already, I'm sure the DeAndre Jordan to Milwaukee rumors are going to heat up quickly, much like I expected the Bledsoe to Milwaukee rumors to.

If they haven't already, I'm sure the DeAndre Jordan to Milwaukee rumors are going to heat up quickly, much like I expected the Bledsoe to Milwaukee rumors to.
Why give up assets for a rental.
Jordan will opt out and become a FA.
Bucks should just let Giannis develop.
Bledsoe was cheap because the Suns killed his value.

The East is pretty deep already with Cleveland, Boston clearly better and Toronto, Washington and possibly Detroit better as well.
Jordan isn’t a player I would give up Thon Maker for.

Why give up assets for a rental.
Jordan will opt out and become a FA.
Bucks should just let Giannis develop.
Bledsoe was cheap because the Suns killed his value.

The East is pretty deep already with Cleveland, Boston clearly better and Toronto, Washington and possibly Detroit better as well.
Jordan isn’t a player I would give up Thon Maker for.

I'm not sure I agree with acquiring him either, but there's a pretty good chance that he'd re-sign with Milwaukee. I'd give up Thon for him with no questions asked. The issue is that we'd almost certainly have to give up 1 of:
Jabari Parker (highly unlikely IMO)
Khris Middleton (This would be dumb IMO)
Tony Snell (Sure)
Mirza Teletovic (please for the love of God, yes)
John Henson (see Teletovic)
Delly (see Telly/Henson)

If we could do it with a package of Thon, Teletovic, Delly, and maybe a 1st, I'd be fine with it. I'm not cool with trading Jabari or Middleton though.

Point being though, Milwaukee cannot keep all of those pieces while signing DeAndre to an extension. We gotta offload long-term salary in the process if we wanted to.

BUT! DeAndre just hired the agent that represents basically the entire Bucks roster, along with Jason Kidd himself; the Bucks, much like they were with Bledsoe, have been interested in DeAndre for a long time, and DeAndre would also address probably the Bucks two biggest needs: rebounding and defense. It's possible that his agent basically tells teams that he'll only sign an extension with Milwaukee and maybe 1 or 2 other suitors, in which case the asking price probably gets driven down to something that might be palatable for the Bucks, whose starting lineup has been one of, if not the best in the NBA since acquiring Bledsoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom