NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I'm not sure I agree with acquiring him either, but there's a pretty good chance that he'd re-sign with Milwaukee. I'd give up Thon for him with no questions asked. The issue is that we'd almost certainly have to give up 1 of:
Jabari Parker (highly unlikely IMO)
Khris Middleton (This would be dumb IMO)
Tony Snell (Sure)
Mirza Teletovic (please for the love of God, yes)
John Henson (see Teletovic)
Delly (see Telly/Henson)

If we could do it with a package of Thon, Teletovic, Delly, and maybe a 1st, I'd be fine with it. I'm not cool with trading Jabari or Middleton though.

Point being though, Milwaukee cannot keep all of those pieces while signing DeAndre to an extension. We gotta offload long-term salary in the process if we wanted to.

BUT! DeAndre just hired the agent that represents basically the entire Bucks roster, along with Jason Kidd himself; the Bucks, much like they were with Bledsoe, have been interested in DeAndre for a long time, and DeAndre would also address probably the Bucks two biggest needs: rebounding and defense. It's possible that his agent basically tells teams that he'll only sign an extension with Milwaukee and maybe 1 or 2 other suitors, in which case the asking price probably gets driven down to something that might be palatable for the Bucks, whose starting lineup has been one of, if not the best in the NBA since acquiring Bledsoe.
Would Derrick Favors interest you, by chance?

Are the Bucks gonna get a new head coach as well? J Kidd is Byron Scott 2.0.

I'm not sure I agree with acquiring him either, but there's a pretty good chance that he'd re-sign with Milwaukee. I'd give up Thon for him with no questions asked. The issue is that we'd almost certainly have to give up 1 of:
Jabari Parker (highly unlikely IMO)
Khris Middleton (This would be dumb IMO)
Tony Snell (Sure)
Mirza Teletovic (please for the love of God, yes)
John Henson (see Teletovic)
Delly (see Telly/Henson)

If we could do it with a package of Thon, Teletovic, Delly, and maybe a 1st, I'd be fine with it. I'm not cool with trading Jabari or Middleton though.

Point being though, Milwaukee cannot keep all of those pieces while signing DeAndre to an extension. We gotta offload long-term salary in the process if we wanted to.

BUT! DeAndre just hired the agent that represents basically the entire Bucks roster, along with Jason Kidd himself; the Bucks, much like they were with Bledsoe, have been interested in DeAndre for a long time, and DeAndre would also address probably the Bucks two biggest needs: rebounding and defense. It's possible that his agent basically tells teams that he'll only sign an extension with Milwaukee and maybe 1 or 2 other suitors, in which case the asking price probably gets driven down to something that might be palatable for the Bucks, whose starting lineup has been one of, if not the best in the NBA since acquiring Bledsoe.

Woudl the Bucks max Deandre out? it is a lot of money. Probably would though, what else will the Bucks do with it.

Thought I read a story, something like 2 of Brogdon/Middleton/Henson? Does that sound right? Presumably more like one of the first 2 and Henson.

Woudl the Bucks max Deandre out? it is a lot of money. Probably would though, what else will the Bucks do with it.

Thought I read a story, something like 2 of Brogdon/Middleton/Henson? Does that sound right? Presumably more like one of the first 2 and Henson.

To me, Middleton alone is a non-starter. He's just too valuable a player to trade him for DeAndre IMO.

I could be convinced to part with Brogdon but we need to add probably both Henson and Teletovic to match up salary-wise.

I doubt DeAndre gets the max with his next deal, but we'll see. He'll certainly be paid a lot of money regardless.

To me, Middleton alone is a non-starter. He's just too valuable a player to trade him for DeAndre IMO.

I could be convinced to part with Brogdon but we need to add probably both Henson and Teletovic to match up salary-wise.

I doubt DeAndre gets the max with his next deal, but we'll see. He'll certainly be paid a lot of money regardless.

Yeah Brogdon/henson is no good. Not sure they'd take Teletovic. jabari...
I was listening to the starters podcast this week, I either forgot/never knew that Deandre signed an offer sheet with the Warriors in 2011. Wonder how different things are if the Clippers didnt match. (probably wasn't much of a chance of that, just saying)

Are the Bucks gonna get a new head coach as well? J Kidd is Byron Scott 2.0.
Just read Bill Simmons article and he basically said Kidd’s old agent keeps helping to send players Milwaukee’s way.

Just read Bill Simmons article and he basically said Kidd’s old agent keeps helping to send players Milwaukee’s way.

Yeah haha. It's also a catch 22 because the players supposedly love Kidd and he's done a legitimately good job of developing guys. And to his credit, he seems to be tweaking the defensive scheme now which was a gigantic issue before.

I definitely still understand the Bucks fans that believe we need a new coach to take us over the hump though.

I mean the Spurs home games are just music every possession and then their PA guy just stupidly obnoxious.
Are Spurs fans this bad they need this crap all game?

I mean the Spurs home games are just music every possession and then their PA guy just stupidly obnoxious.
Are Spurs fans this bad they need this crap all game?

Your questioning the most successful American sports franchise of the last two decades?

Your questioning the most successful American sports franchise of the last two decades?
Well I would argue that is Patriots as they have been to 7 SBs while the Spurs have only been to 6 Finals. Both have 5 titles.

But to the point their in game experience is just weird. MSG/Boston fans wouldn’t want music played during every offensive possession and then the PA guy screaming defense or get up.

Well I would argue that is Patriots as they have been to 7 SBs while the Spurs have only been to 6 Finals. Both have 5 titles.

But to the point their in game experience is just weird. MSG/Boston fans wouldn’t want music played during every offensive possession and then the PA guy screaming defense or get up.

Oh. I was just screwing around. The music annoys me, too.

SAS didn't have Kawhi, Anderson and a half of Danny Green and still won.

When they are full strength, I don't see why they can't compete with GSW and Hou. I know GSW are in a class by themselves, but I think SAS, come playoff time, will be a better team than Hou.

Separately, Bos is a fun team to watch. I still think Kyrie overdoes it with dribbling and makes passing harder than it needs to be.

Tatum and Brown are awesome.

Put Hayward out there and whoo boy, what a team.

SAS didn't have Kawhi, Anderson and a half of Danny Green and still won.

When they are full strength, I don't see why they can't compete with GSW and Hou. I know GSW are in a class by themselves, but I think SAS, come playoff time, will be a better team than Hou.

Separately, Bos is a fun team to watch. I still think Kyrie overdoes it with dribbling and makes passing harder than it needs to be.

Tatum and Brown are awesome.

Put Hayward out there and whoo boy, what a team.

Pop is a wizard man.

I don't think anyone is beating Golden State. Rockets are downright scary with Paul and Harden together; it's crazy, they still aren't one of the 20 most used 2 man lineups for the Rockets, but they've played 161 minutes together, Rockets are scoring 124.2 points per 100 possessions. (of course, they are allowing 114.5, but still)

Pop is gonna need to get lineups with Kawhi at the 4 and LMA at the 5 going.

Pop is a wizard man.

I don't think anyone is beating Golden State. Rockets are downright scary with Paul and Harden together; it's crazy, they still aren't one of the 20 most used 2 man lineups for the Rockets, but they've played 161 minutes together, Rockets are scoring 124.2 points per 100 possessions. (of course, they are allowing 114.5, but still)

Pop is gonna need to get lineups with Kawhi at the 4 and LMA at the 5 going.

Totally agree about the lineups with LMA at the 5 and Kawhi at the 4. I think Anderson's development will let that happen. Put Danny at the 2 and then Tony/Patty/DJ at the 1 (pending matchups).

I know Houston is awesome so far, but I still want to see what happens in the playoffs. I'm not sold on them not being a regular season team that flames out in round 2 (if they have to play SAS).

So I asked my buddy who works in the front office of an NBA team why the Spurs play music every possession.
He said it was simple the Spurs want to make it more difficult for the defense to communicate over the music. With the coach or with teammates.

Not sure I buy this completely but atleast it makes some sense why they do it every possession.

I love how utterly unenthused the entire Clippers team is by a gamewinner from the logo.
Only questions are will Doc be working for ESPN or TNT and is Mark Jackson the next Clippers coach?

So I asked my buddy who works in the front office of an NBA team why the Spurs play music every possession.
He said it was simple the Spurs want to make it more difficult for the defense to communicate over the music. With the coach or with teammates.

Not sure I buy this completely but atleast it makes some sense why they do it every possession.

Thanks for the tidbit. That would be a viable explanation, for sure.

Totally agree about the lineups with LMA at the 5 and Kawhi at the 4. I think Anderson's development will let that happen. Put Danny at the 2 and then Tony/Patty/DJ at the 1 (pending matchups).

I know Houston is awesome so far, but I still want to see what happens in the playoffs. I'm not sold on them not being a regular season team that flames out in round 2 (if they have to play SAS).

Harden is gonna have the stink of how last season ended on him for a while, so it's fair to say that when the chips are down, bet on the Spurs.

Harden and Paul together though. Man.

The top of this year's NBA Draft looks incredibly stacked with Doncic, Ayton, and Bagley.

The top of this year's NBA Draft looks incredibly stacked with Doncic, Ayton, and Bagley.

I think I'm the only person wary of Ayton.

I'm all in on Doncic. Pretty close to all in on Bagley.

Porter is TBD.

Ayton and Bamba I'm still not sure of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom