NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 76 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Corning... our Spectrum broadcast comes out of Binghamton.

It says:

“Due to NBA requirements, today’s game has been blacked out in this market. Scheduled programming will resume at the conclusion of the game.”

I see the game is also carried on FSOH(Fox Sports Ohio). That’s not a channel in your market that’s carrying the game is it?

Westbrook is a stat padder and his numbers are misleading. I’ve seen him just pound the ball the whole possession enough times, seen him scream at teammates over stupid things enough times. Seen him all frustrated forcing questionable shots. Seen him assist hunt like Rondo used to. Seen him steal rebounds. He’s a stat padding, ball hogging, legit crazy weirdo. Hate his game.

They are all bringing out the worst in each other right now. George has the best shooting % of the 3. At 41.2%.

I see the game is also carried on FSOH(Fox Sports Ohio). That’s not a channel in your market that’s carrying the game is it?

Nah, no Fox Sports Ohio here. Maybe a glitch.

Westbrook is a stat padder and his numbers are misleading. I’ve seen him just pound the ball the whole possession enough times, seen him scream at teammates over stupid things enough times. Seen him all frustrated forcing questionable shots. Seen him assist hunt like Rondo used to. Seen him steal rebounds. He’s a stat padding, ball hogging, legit crazy weirdo. Hate his game.

He’s definitely a weirdo. We’ll just have to agree to disagree about his game. Sure, any alpha like him is going to ball hog at times (because he can a la Kobe if he wants to) but he’s been dominating pretty much in all facets of the game for a few years now. Padding or not his numbers are filthy the last few years and I’ve seen him share the rock genuinely, plenty. No question he’s an oddball and weird but he backs up his game, IMO.

He’s definitely a weirdo. We’ll just have to agree to disagree about his game. Sure, any alpha like him is going to ball hog at times (because he can a la Kobe if he wants to) but he’s been dominating pretty much in all facets of the game for a few years now. Padding or not his numbers are filthy the last few years and I’ve seen him share the rock genuinely, plenty. No question he’s an oddball and weird but he backs up his game, IMO.

I don’t know, there’s just something off there. Just an ugly game. Amazing talent that can do things no one else does, but a hard watch to me. The b-ball IQ just isn’t there IMO. He’s 29 too, not 24 or something. I feel like his game should have matured beyond what it is by now.

I don’t know, there’s just something off there. Just an ugly game. Amazing talent that can do things no one else does, but a hard watch to me. The b-ball IQ just isn’t there IMO. He’s 29 too, not 24 or something. I feel like his game should have matured beyond what it is by now.

There is something off for sure. Hard to describe. He can have strange meltdowns too. Personally, I like watching him a lot dand think he has plenty of bball IQ or else he wouldn’t do what he does in terms of these gaudy numbers. Something is off with him though. He’s like a cyborg waiting to short circuit, ha.

So how bad is KP’s injury Knicks411? I missed tonight’s game as I had another commitment.

So how bad is KP’s injury Knicks411? I missed tonight’s game as I had another commitment.

I think (hope?) it's not a big deal. Apparently he tweaked it in the first half, tried to play in the second half, and coudn't go. It didn't look like an ACL or anything. They called it a "sore knee".

On Russ, I'm not sure he's a "winning player" defined as however you want to. He's capable of incredible things on the court, but he is definitely a guy who chases the triple doubles at times, he's not a great shooter, and he shoots its a lot. But the dude did average a triple double last year and won the MVP. I wouldn't want to build my team around him, but he is really good. (The Iverson-Sixers comp isn't a bad one) I just kind of push back at the idea that I sometimes am getting that Melo takes none of the blame for whats going on in OKC.

That didn’t look good for Gobert.
Hope it isn’t a bad injury.

Well done, Knicks.

As for the mixed reaction from the fans, the jerkoff portion of the fanbase...the type who think “Johnny Stawks” is some kind of b-ball legend and who pine for the days of 78-75 games filled with lots of uncalled fouls...they can blow it out their collective asses.

Well done, Knicks.

As for the mixed reaction from the fans, the jerkoff portion of the fanbase...the type who think “Johnny Stawks” is some kind of b-ball legend and who pine for the days of 78-75 games filled with lots of uncalled fouls...they can blow it out their collective asses.

Melo had some nice comments for the front office as well after the game.

Did anyone see the end of Indiana-Boston game?
I mean wow what a horseshoe up the C’s butt.
They gave that game away and still stole it.

Wow. Unreal. Celts up by 19, Oladipo goes all-world, Pacers up by one with the ball and seconds left and, Bogdanovic throws a lazy 'cross court pass that my mother coulda picked off if she were alive, Rozier steals, throws it down, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, shock and awe in Hoosierville.

The crowd was goin' nuts,whatta great atmosphere. Makes it tough to watch college ball.

Wow. Unreal. Celts up by 19, Oladipo goes all-world, Pacers up by one with the ball and seconds left and, Bogdanovic throws a lazy 'cross court pass that my mother coulda picked off if she were alive, Rozier steals, throws it down, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, shock and awe in Hoosierville.

The crowd was goin' nuts,whatta great atmosphere. Makes it tough to watch college ball.

What the hell happened to Myles Turner? 2 points and 4 rebounds in 26 minutes with no foul trouble? My fantasy team demands answers.

Lakers play hard and I think Kuzma
better than Ball.
Warriors are just crazy deep.
No Steph, Draymond, Zaza, Livingston and they still are good enough to compete.
Kobe more 8 or 24?
Obviously 8 is Shaq Era.
24 was him as the guy.
Rumor is he chose 24 because it was 1 number greater than 23 which was him saying he wanted to be better than MJ.
I would have retired 24 as 8 he abandoned to create a new legacy.

What the hell happened to Myles Turner? 2 points and 4 rebounds in 26 minutes with no foul trouble? My fantasy team demands answers.

Turner is banged up, calf injury I think?

What a way for Indy to lose, I watched the end of that one. Just brutal.

better than Ball.
Kobe more 8 or 24?
Obviously 8 is Shaq Era.
24 was him as the guy.
Rumor is he chose 24 because it was 1 number greater than 23 which was him saying he wanted to be better than MJ.

It is inexplicable the Bulls sold the Jordan Bell pick.

better than Ball.
Kobe more 8 or 24?
Obviously 8 is Shaq Era.
24 was him as the guy.

Kuzma has a better upside as well.

And he did a windmill for my kid in the layup lane the night they played the Celts. So he's cool.

Did anyone see the end of Indiana-Boston game?
I mean wow what a horseshoe up the C’s butt.
They gave that game away and still stole it.

What a great win. This team is so much fun to watch. I was concerned Tatum got pulled at the end - he's really long and can hit those threes, but Larkin did a great job contesting that pass, forcing the lollypop from Bogdanovic, allowing Rozier to get it rather easily.

Why does it seem like Kyrie can't hit threes unless the game is on the line and he's got a guy right in his face?

What a great win. This team is so much fun to watch. I was concerned Tatum got pulled at the end - he's really long and can hit those threes, but Larkin did a great job contesting that pass, forcing the lollypop from Bogdanovic, allowing Rozier to get it rather easily.

Why does it seem like Kyrie can't hit threes unless the game is on the line and he's got a guy right in his face?
Celtics are good but their really hot start woke Cleveland up.
Cavs thought they could coast as the East didn’t have any 50 teams beyond them they thought.
With Hayward and Morris they would lose but give Cleveland a series.
Now barring LeBron going to Philadelphia next year I think the Celtics win the East.
I just want Tatum to develop so he is good enough to flip if Anthony Davis became available.

Celtics are good but their really hot start woke Cleveland up.
Cavs thought they could coast as the East didn’t have any 50 teams beyond them they thought.
With Hayward and Morris they would lose but give Cleveland a series.
Now barring LeBron going to Philadelphia next year I think the Celtics win the East.
I just want Tatum to develop so he is good enough to flip if Anthony Davis became available.

I think Celts take the East this year. Cavs are great, LeBron is the King, but they are going down. I think the return of Isaiah is going to be a net negative for them. It will take time for them to figure out how to play with him, and I'm not convinced he will last the remainder of the season, so they will have to readjust to playing without him eventually. Too much to take away from winning.

And these are total guesses based on absolutely zero actual information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom