NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Celtics are good but their really hot start woke Cleveland up.
Cavs thought they could coast as the East didn’t have any 50 teams beyond them they thought.
With Hayward and Morris they would lose but give Cleveland a series.
Now barring LeBron going to Philadelphia next year I think the Celtics win the East.
I just want Tatum to develop so he is good enough to flip if Anthony Davis became available.
If you're Embiid or Simmons, do you want Lebron, or do you want to keep building on your own?

Celtics are good but their really hot start woke Cleveland up.
Cavs thought they could coast as the East didn’t have any 50 teams beyond them they thought.
With Hayward and Morris they would lose but give Cleveland a series.
Now barring LeBron going to Philadelphia next year I think the Celtics win the East.
I just want Tatum to develop so he is good enough to flip if Anthony Davis became available.

Kyrie did LeBron, and the Cavs, a favor. He gave LeBron added impetus, as if he needed any, to get amped for his 15th season and play with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. Cavs are a better team without Kyrie -- never could've imagined thinking or saying that when he said he wanted to leave over the summer -- and Celtics are better with Kyrie.

LeBron's playing the best ball of his career and seems to have a different outlook, a new sense of priority, on the regular season, has said he'd like to play all 82 games. Had a chance to sit against the Wiz two nights ago, told Lue thanks, but no thanks. Leads the league in minutes played. Guy's a freak.

Nice matchup tonight, Cavs at Bucks, 2 1/2-pt faves. Should be fun.

Looking forward to Cavs at GS on Christmas, then at Boston the next week. Isaiah wouldn't be at peak playing shape, but would be great to see him in a uni for his return to Beantown Jan. 3.

Kyrie did LeBron, and the Cavs, a favor. He gave LeBron added impetus, as if he needed any, to get amped for his 15th season and play with an even bigger chip on his shoulder. Cavs are a better team without Kyrie -- never could've imagined thinking or saying that when he said he wanted to leave over the summer -- and Celtics are better with Kyrie.

LeBron's playing the best ball of his career and seems to have a different outlook, a new sense of priority, on the regular season, has said he'd like to play all 82 games. Had a chance to sit against the Wiz two nights ago, told Lue thanks, but no thanks. Leads the league in minutes played. Guy's a freak.

Nice matchup tonight, Cavs at Bucks, 2 1/2-pt faves. Should be fun.

Looking forward to Cavs at GS on Christmas, then at Boston the next week. Isaiah wouldn't be at peak playing shape, but would be great to see him in a uni for his return to Beantown Jan. 3.
Celtics being good pushed the Cavs.
I read the Cavs are actually watching Celtics games during the Celtics win streak. Cleveland came out slow because they didn’t care but once Boston showed they were solid I think the Cavs have only 1 loss.

I read the Cavs are actually watching Celtics games during the Celtics win streak. Cleveland came out slow because they didn’t care but once Boston showed they were solid I think the Cavs have only 1 loss.

I'm going to say it all started when they made their comeback against the Knicks. But I'm biased.

Next year's team with Hayward with a lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Al is going to be ridiculous.

That is a really fun lineup.

I think Bron goes to either Hou or SAS if he leaves. I don't think he'll go to Philly.

That's if he doesn't have some secret agreement to go the Lakers with PG13.

If you're Embiid or Simmons, do you want Lebron, or do you want to keep building on your own?
They would but I don’t think LeBron would go there unless he wanted to stay in the East and hell bent on leaving Cleveland.

Started 5-7, won 18 of 19 since.

Cedi Osman's putting the team on his back!

Last edited:
I know diddly about coaching, hoops strategy, but, I know this much: the Cavs will not straight-up have Isaiah on Kyrie.
Im not worried about who the cavs have on kyrie, he’s unguardable. Theyll have to worry about horford, Brown, Tatum and Smart as well. Hayward may even be back.

celtics have the extra defenders to have a good shot at shutting down IT while having Brown on Lebron.

Lebron will score, can’t stop that. Just hope we can contain Love. He’s a celtic killer.

Im not worried about who the cavs have on kyrie, he’s unguardable. Theyll have to worry about horford, Brown, Tatum and Smart as well. Hayward may even be back.

celtics have the extra defenders to have a good shot at shutting down IT while having Brown on Lebron.

Lebron will score, can’t stop that. Just hope we can contain Love. He’s a celtic killer.
Celtics can’t guard LeBron.
Jaylen Brown and Marcus Morris probably switch off him.
Celtics matchup better with the Cavs because this team can rebound a lot better than previous teams.
Tatum has been a really good rebounder for a rookie.
The team was awful on the boards last year. This team is a lot better on the boards.
Gameplan to beat the Cavs is let LeBron take all the shots and get his and don’t give open lanes or 3’s for the role players.
LeBron is too unselfish to take a lot of shots.
Give the Celtics a 75% Hayward and Morris on their bench and they would push the Cavs.

Celtics can’t guard LeBron.
Jaylen Brown and Marcus Morris probably switch off him.
Celtics matchup better with the Cavs because this team can rebound a lot better than previous teams.
Tatum has been a really good rebounder for a rookie.
The team was awful on the boards last year. This team is a lot better on the boards.
Gameplan to beat the Cavs is let LeBron take all the shots and get his and don’t give open lanes or 3’s for the role players.
LeBron is too unselfish to take a lot of shots.
Give the Celtics a 75% Hayward and Morris on their bench and they would push the Cavs.
Yep, noone can guard Lebron. But I think Jaylen Brown gives us the best chance to take advantage of any minor slip up. That also frees Smart to wear someone down as well. Jaylen Brown is a big game player.

Cant afford to have Tristan Thomas’ and JR smith’s to have 20 point games. Or Love/Wade to have 30 point games. Not that i reallly think Wade’s too capable anymore but you never know

If Smart is on the court, probably him?

I was thinking that as well, but Smart is pretty good down on the blocks. He'll eat up IT with his back to the basket.

Honestly, I think keeping him on Kyrie is the right play. Tell him not to foul.

I was thinking that as well, but Smart is pretty good down on the blocks. He'll eat up IT with his back to the basket.

Honestly, I think keeping him on Kyrie is the right play. Tell him not to foul.

If I'm playing Boston and I get them to run their offense through Smart, I consider that a win.

If I'm playing Boston and I get them to run their offense through Smart, I consider that a win.
The only game in the playoffs Boston won over Cleveland was because Marcus Smart was the focal point.
Not saying he is that player he clearly isn’t but if Cleveland sticks Isiah on him they will get punished.
Cleveland’s D isn’t that great without IT now they are just killing teams offensively because of LeBron’s efficiency.

I bet IT will guard Kyrie w/ help and Rozier when he is on the court.

The only game in the playoffs Boston won over Cleveland was because Marcus Smart was the focal point.
Not saying he is that player he clearly isn’t but if Cleveland sticks Isiah on him they will get punished.
Cleveland’s D isn’t that great without IT now they are just killing teams offensively because of LeBron’s efficiency.

Cleveland's D is real bad, was just looking today, 25th in the league.

I get that Smart hit the shot last year, and he had a huge game, but isn't that still kinda the point? He had 1 huge game. out of 5. Smart was 8-14 and 7-10 from 3 in game 3, and in the 4 games around that he was 5-27 and 3-14 from 3. You want to win 4 out of 7 banking on Smart shooting well, knock yourself out.

In that case I hope we can get some transition going to take IT’s and like Shumpert’s legs out from under them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom