NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Cleveland's D is real bad, was just looking today, 25th in the league.

I get that Smart hit the shot last year, and he had a huge game, but isn't that still kinda the point? He had 1 huge game. out of 5. Smart was 8-14 and 7-10 from 3 in game 3, and in the 4 games around that he was 5-27 and 3-14 from 3. You want to win 4 out of 7 banking on Smart shooting well, knock yourself out.
Smart wont need to take a shot outside of 10 feet if IT’s on him, and Smart has an incredible post game for a guard.

Smart wont need to take a shot outside of 10 feet if IT’s on him, and Smart has an incredible post game for a guard.

Like I said, if I'm cleveland, and the options are that or Kyrie torching IT, I know which one I'm taking

I get that Smart hit the shot last year, and he had a huge game, but isn't that still kinda the point? He had 1 huge game. out of 5. Smart was 8-14 and 7-10 from 3 in game 3, and in the 4 games around that he was 5-27 and 3-14 from 3. You want to win 4 out of 7 banking on Smart shooting well, knock yourself out.

If IT is playing Smart, Smart will shoot around 60%. Because everything will be inside within a few feet posting IT up. And he'll take 15 foul shots.

If IT is playing Smart, Smart will shoot around 60%. Because everything will be inside within a few feet posting IT up. And he'll take 15 foul shots.

How do you think Kyrie would do?

How do you think Kyrie would do?

Unless they put LeBron on Kyrie, is there anyone on the Cavs that could stop him? I'm with Alsacs on this. Let IT and Kyrie go against each other and get theirs. Just don't let the ancillary players, like Smart, put up big numbers at the same time.

Unless they put LeBron on Kyrie, is there anyone on the Cavs that could stop him? I'm with Alsacs on this. Let IT and Kyrie go against each other and get theirs. Just don't let the ancillary players, like Smart, put up big numbers at the same time.

Ok. For me, like I said, if I can get Boston to run more of their offense through Smart, that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Over the past 3 years as a post scorer:
2018: 19th percentile (meaning one of the worst in the NBA)
2017: 81st percentile
2016: 44th percentile

He's shot under 40% in post up situations 2 of those 3 years.

Of course none of those shots have come against Isaiah though. Speaking of which, defensively speaking:

Isaiah:
2018: N/A (duh)
2017: 72nd percentile
2016: 46th percentile

So he's actually been a lot better than one would think.

Having Isaiah defend in any situation will obviously put Cleveland at a disadvantage, but I'd easily take my chances on a guy that is simply an abysmal scorer like Smart rather than trying to let him stick with Kyrie, who's obviously a far better overall scorer and is also comparable in the post/far better scoring inside.

Knocking themselves out is exactly what they'll do if they want to make Smart the centerpiece of their offense.

Over the past 3 years as a post scorer:
2018: 19th percentile (meaning one of the worst in the NBA)
2017: 81st percentile
2016: 44th percentile

He's shot under 40% in post up situations 2 of those 3 years.

Of course none of those shots have come against Isaiah though. Speaking of which, defensively speaking:

Isaiah:
2018: N/A (duh)
2017: 72nd percentile
2016: 46th percentile

So he's actually been a lot better than one would think.

Having Isaiah defend in any situation will obviously put Cleveland at a disadvantage, but I'd easily take my chances on a guy that is simply an abysmal scorer like Smart rather than trying to let him stick with Kyrie, who's obviously a far better overall scorer and is also comparable in the post/far better scoring inside.
Isaiah on Smart isn’t a good matchup period.
He isn’t physical and Smart has a bigger than usual height advantage.
Isaiah will guard Kyrie w/help and Rozier.
Smart doesn’t start so the Cavs can’t start IT on him.

Isaiah on Smart isn’t a good matchup period.
He isn’t physical and Smart has a bigger than usual height advantage.
Isaiah will guard Kyrie w/help and Rozier.
Smart doesn’t start so the Cavs can’t start IT on him.

IT on anyone isn't a good matchup! It's about minimizing the damage he can do.

I actually didn't realize Smart doesn't start. So I'll shut up now.

Knocking themselves out is exactly what they'll do if they want to make Smart the centerpiece of their offense.

No one is saying that Smart would be the centerpiece. But the Celts would be glad to feed Smart in the post if he's got IT on his hip. Or knee (think about it...)

Verticality rule doesn’t apply to Harden. What a joke.

Kuzma has 27 though!

Harden gets a ton of calls for sure, that said his game never ceases to amaze me, what he does on the offensive side of the ball is incredible. Chris Paul hurt last night... AGAIN. He is still great but his body will never hold up.

On a somewhat related note:

image.jpg

With KP scoring 1 point on 0-11 shooting!

Beasley picked him up though. 32 and 12!

I texted my friend when they were down 10 or 12 or whatever it was late in the third that it was time for Beasley to bring them back. In hindsight, I was totally serious and not at a joking when I said that

Beasley was an amazing player at Kansas State his one year. Would have had a really good pro career also if he hadn't decided marijuana was more important.

Yup. I thought he was a lock to be like a 22 and 8 guy in the NBA for years. Basically what Blake Griffins numbers are(not early Blake who hit the boards hard) is about what I thought Beasley would be.

I saw Beasley play at Manley Field House his senior year of high school in some one day event that Donte Greene, Scoop Jardine, and Rick Jackson’s teams also played in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom