NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Marcus Smart causing James Harden to completely melt down mentally in the final seconds. You can't teach that.

Poor refereeing. Not mad though. Harden is the benefit of it more often than anybody.

Foul 1
hardenfoul.0.gif

Questionable but he threw an elbow into Smart’s body.

Foul 2
hardenfouledthisup.0.gif

Obvious no question offensive foul.

Harden had Smart get under his skin.

Smart was absolutely mugging him on the first one. And then he flopped. Horrible call.

I have no idea what Harden was trying to do on the second one.

I also have no idea why Houston didn’t just bring Gordon up and inbound it to him.

Well this is the time of the year to air your grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're going to hear about it!

Randle should take down Walton in the feats of strength. Friggin ridiculous that the best player on the team(IMO - top 3 at very minimum though) barely even plays anymore.

Charlotte and Warriors was a fun game tonight. Uptempo, exciting game. Both teams were pushing tempo, trading punches. Howard had a monster game. He is really in good shape this year. Him and Kaminsky and two other bigs really run the floor well. Charlotte came at Warriors relentlessly and got to the foul line and won the boards against the small ball Warriors, who are still without Steph.

Somethign else that's interesting, I thought I noticed it last night but didn't watch the replay; Gordon, who caught the inbound on the first play, def had his jersey grabbed as he was coming to the ball. Considering refs are looking to call the foul there since they know it's coming, I am kinda surprised there was no whistle. Maybe because it was before the ball was inbounded, and they were down a ref.

Here's the thing about Harden. He's sort of a headcase and has a screw loose. In the words of Randy Moss, he plays when he wants to play. I've seen him stop caring many times in many games both pre and post season. He has all the talent in the world, but im telling you, something is off with him mentally. When things are going good, he's your guy. When things are going bad, he sometimes steps up and singlehandedly brings you back, however sometimes he just quits and even worse, starts doing weird, weird stuff..like that crazy Australian tennis player whose name i forget..but it sounds like a greek name.

If you recall, he checked out of that Clippers series a few years back, in game 6...and the huge comeback houston made was with him on the bench..it was all josh smith and corey brewer of all people.

last year vs San antonio, he was having a very good game 5 and then suddenly weirdo harden showed up down the stretch and in OT...and then I dont care Harden showed up for all of game 6.

the end of that Celts game was just another example. he did that crap on purpose . He literally wanted to commit those fouls, im telling you.

if you look at the first one, ariza has already inbounded the ball to Gordon when Harden bowls over smart!!!! the game was OVER if harden just doesn't go into bizarro mode. the second foul was him saying " game's over, might as well make a complete joke out of it"

Now this year if Paul can stay healthy, I dont think he will let bizarro james bring the team down...we shall see come playoffs

Here's the thing about Harden. He's sort of a headcase and has a screw loose. In the words of Randy Moss, he plays when he wants to play. I've seen him stop caring many times in many games both pre and post season. He has all the talent in the world, but im telling you, something is off with him mentally. When things are going good, he's your guy. When things are going bad, he sometimes steps up and singlehandedly brings you back, however sometimes he just quits and even worse, starts doing weird, weird stuff..like that crazy Australian tennis player whose name i forget..but it sounds like a greek name.

If you recall, he checked out of that Clippers series a few years back, in game 6...and the huge comeback houston made was with him on the bench..it was all josh smith and corey brewer of all people.

last year vs San antonio, he was having a very good game 5 and then suddenly weirdo harden showed up down the stretch and in OT...and then I dont care Harden showed up for all of game 6.

the end of that Celts game was just another example. he did that crap on purpose . He literally wanted to commit those fouls, im telling you.

if you look at the first one, ariza has already inbounded the ball to Gordon when Harden bowls over smart!!!! the game was OVER if harden just doesn't go into bizarro mode. the second foul was him saying " game's over, might as well make a complete joke out of it"

Now this year if Paul can stay healthy, I dont think he will let bizarro james bring the team down...we shall see come playoffs
I've noticed the same from Harden.

Paul, for as great a player he is, might be most valuable to the Rockets for keeping Harden in line.

Remember that 2009 2nd round game vs. Harden's Arizona St. squad. He was invisible that game.

Remember that 2009 2nd round game vs. Harden's Arizona St. squad. He was invisible that game.

He was sick that game.

Not denying he goes AWOL at times, but he was sick that game against us.

Randle should take down Walton in the feats of strength. Friggin ridiculous that the best player on the team(IMO - top 3 at very minimum though) barely even plays anymore.

They better be 100% sure they can get Bron to sign in the off season. Otherwise, PG13 and the team they currently have isn't a title contender.

First I've heard of this

I can't find a source, but I remember this (maybe I'm conflating two items). But he had had a crappy game the game before ours as well.

Pretty sure he wasn't feeling well.

Regardless, I still agree with the overall point about him disappearing.

They better be 100% sure they can get Bron to sign in the off season. Otherwise, PG13 and the team they currently have isn't a title contender.
Could PG13, the kids, and free agent X in 2019 make them a contender?

If I remember correctly, if it's not Bron, I believe KD is the only superstar that can opt out that I think would make them a contender.

Otherwise I think you'd have to trade.

If you don't have Bron, KD, Steph or Kawhi, I think it's always an uphill battle to be a legit contender.

If I remember correctly, if it's not Bron, I believe KD is the only superstar that can opt out that I think would make them a contender.

Otherwise I think you'd have to trade.

If you don't have Bron, KD, Steph or Kawhi, I think it's always an uphill battle to be a legit contender.
Eh, that's true until somebody else breaks through. It wasn't that long ago that people didn't view Steph or Kawai that way. They weren't looked at that way until they did it.

Eh, that's true until somebody else breaks through. It wasn't that long ago that people didn't view Steph or Kawai that way. They weren't looked at that way until they did it.

Sure. But the only other FA is Boogie. Don't think that will do it.

For any other big time player, would have to be a trade where the young core is gutted.

Sure. But the only other FA is Boogie. Don't think that will do it.

For any other big time player, would have to be a trade where the young core is gutted.
Boogie Redemption! You gotta believe!

I was looking at the Lakers cap sheet; man, they owe Deng $18 million this year, next year, AND the year after. Just brutal deal.

A lot can happen, but assuming they keep Ingram and Ball, they'll have about $50 million tied up in 19 for Deng, Clarkson, Ball, and Ingram. Plus George is starting around 30 I think? They'll probably need to let randle go to keep max space. Though I'm sure they'll stretch Deng at some point also

I was looking at the Lakers cap sheet; man, they owe Deng $18 million this year, next year, AND the year after. Just brutal deal.
It cost them Russell to shave Mozgov off the books and they got the pick for Kuzma in that deal.
Deng off the books would cost them Ingram.

It cost them Russell to shave Mozgov off the books and they got the pick for Kuzma in that deal.
Deng off the books would cost them Ingram.

Yeah I think he ends up getting stretched, probably the summer before his lastyear

If I was Boston I call the Lakers for Randle. Lakers don’t like him.

They would take a first round pick for him and Boston could use their exception for him and he is a second unit guy who gets PT.

If I was Boston I call the Lakers for Randle. Lakers don’t like him.

They would take a first round pick for him and Boston could use their exception for him and he is a second unit guy who gets PT.

Would you want Boston to keep him after the season? Up for restricted free agency.

Hey, have i mentioned Kyle O'Quinn would be a good fit in the last 3 days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom